• Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Necropost!

If I have seen this topic before, I forgot, but I'm resurrecting because I was surprised yesterday. I was pulled into the Speedway on US-31 at 236 St and a group of Hell's Ange's were there. I was surprised because I'd never seen a Hell's Angels member in their "colors" in Indiana, much less a group of them. Then I was really surprised because all of their rockers said "Indiana."

If I'd ever heard that they had a permanent presence in Indiana, I forgot. Most of them looked different than the "look" of the members I knew in California, but that could be because I saw those guys through young eyes and I looked at their modern Indiana counterparts through the experience of middle age.

I'm hoping this is an example of corporate branding, but I doubt it.
    criminal gang. They could wear suits and they are still just a bunch of criminals in a gang.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Son's verse outlaws.
    Angels verse outlaws.

Greased lighting Rodgers was shot in Chicago years ago. The hell's henchmen were thought to have been patching over to the angels. Heck this all went down years ago by now. Knew a few henchmen in the Chicago area. A couple sons here from my childhood in Anderson. And a few outlaws from my east side Indy days.
    bombings fires at clubhouses war long ago.

Outlaws clubhouse near east side on 10th shut down. Many went down in that raid.
    If angles have the Indiana bottom rocker they are claiming Indiana. The state was outlaws. Florida was outlaws..

now it it seems to be claimed by angles. Issues to come ??? I think there was a truce but who knows. The only times I see any outlaw bikers seems to be while heading east on 70 east side of Indy. I see many more INGO stickers on cars.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    On Indiana Ave. in South Bend there is a Hells Angles clubhouse, or at least there was one a few years ago. It has been there since at least 2000 that I know of.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've seen patched clubs come and go. My step-brother rode with the Diablo in the Mitchell / Orange area a couple decades ago. He's dead now but the memories of their clubhouse are strong in my mind. They are gone by now if I remember correctly...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Necropost!

If I have seen this topic before, I forgot, but I'm resurrecting because I was surprised yesterday. I was pulled into the Speedway on US-31 at 236 St and a group of Hell's Ange's were there. I was surprised because I'd never seen a Hell's Angels member in their "colors" in Indiana, much less a group of them. Then I was really surprised because all of their rockers said "Indiana."

If I'd ever heard that they had a permanent presence in Indiana, I forgot. Most of them looked different than the "look" of the members I knew in California, but that could be because I saw those guys through young eyes and I looked at their modern Indiana counterparts through the experience of middle age.

I'm hoping this is an example of corporate branding, but I doubt it.

Did you ask if any of their bikes were for sale? You might have missed a good deal!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Last summer there were at least 300 Hell's Angels bikers here at the bar in my little town. The town police force was NOT very happy about it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Biker documentaries are like a drug addiction.

There's an instructor at ILEA, David-something (he may be retired now), looks like Bobby "the Brain" Heenan, and that guy has the biggest collect of 1% biker vids w/police interactions that it's ridiculous. He used to show us them when we got liberty. I soaked in all that stuff like a sponge.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    East side of Indy is black and white. I'm not sure if the truce is still in effect or not, but I have never seen red and white on my side of town. My local biker friendly bar has a lot of SYLO patches/shirts/hats and various other non-1% support clubs that frequent.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    East side of Indy is black and white. I'm not sure if the truce is still in effect or not, but I have never seen red and white on my side of town. My local biker friendly bar has a lot of SYLO patches/shirts/hats and various other non-1% support clubs that frequent.

I guess you have to know a few to understand them.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Did you ask if any of their bikes were for sale? You might have missed a good deal!

I did not.

One of them did almost run into me as he was leaving the restroom and I was entering. I think he was trying to stare me down, but I had my "I'm not interested" look because I had to pee, said "'scuse me," and kept moving forward. He went around and didn't respond.

Biker documentaries are like a drug addiction.

I've tried to watch a couple, but I don't like them. They remind me of my naivete and lack of awareness of the world when I was in my early 20s.

I've seen a bunch of these guys a few times loaded up like they're heading to war.

I've heard those guys are badasses. Pretty sure 9 of 10 INGO members have "known one or two" so they can participate in the conversation.

Last summer there were at least 300 Hell's Angels bikers here at the bar in my little town. The town police force was NOT very happy about it.

That had to be uncomfortable. A problem was probably unlikely, but if something bad did happen, there isn't much your marshal and his deputy(ies) could do about it other than call for help and maintain a safe distance.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    What group hangs out at Whit's Inn around Whiteland on highway 31? I remember having my DRZ break down there. Whatever group it was was a good time drinking with while I waited for a truck to show up to get back home, and then one of them helped me get the bike up in the truck.

Bar seemed shady as all heck though. I remember walking in and thinking "crap, shouldn't be here....." I was just looking for a beer to pass the time while I waited on a ride. But it all turned out fine :laugh:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    What group hangs out at Whit's Inn around Whiteland on highway 31? I remember having my DRZ break down there. Whatever group it was was a good time drinking with while I waited for a truck to show up to get back home, and then one of them helped me get the bike up in the truck.

Bar seemed shady as all heck though. I remember walking in and thinking "crap, shouldn't be here....." I was just looking for a beer to pass the time while I waited on a ride. But it all turned out fine :laugh:

Whit's Inn? ...I've been there...but I don't know what club might have helped you. Lots of people stop there on charity rides.

Top Bottom