• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I have a rule at my home...until I clear someone they are not allowed to come and go, period. No new names and faces. It made my kids crazy but they were not the best judges of character. They proved this time and again until at least their mid 20's.
    Oh, he is a friend of a buddy of mine. BS.....And your situation is the reason I had and still have this rule.

Yeah, it is the "friend of a friend" that will, most likely, rob you. You have a good plan going there.
    Besides not talking too much about my stuff, I have a habit of not naming names when I talk about something a friend owns. I never even mention a first name or where they live. All I will say is "A friend has one of those and I shot it." or whatever. No names; no locations.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    3rcrzt.jpg

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the show, but it reminded me of this.

nope, but it'd help if you'd named the show :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Please explain the approval process. I'm genuinely interested.

I need to know a person before they get into the circle. It is not that hard to look into someones eyes and see what they are about. Young druggy's or thieves have a vibe about them. They have issue with eye contact. They scan your stuff and ask questions or make comments looking for info that should send up flags. Family history is an important factor. If you know "Dad" and he was from a family of idiots then you need to watch carefully. Having grown up in a very rough and tumble area it is easy to see through people.
    Also letting folks know how badly a thief would be treated if caught can be a factor in how you are respected or targeted.
    Some time at the kitchen table with a new face can be very enlightening if you use that time wisely.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Well everyone, I have to agree with everyone's statement about needing to keep my pie hole shut. As for how they got in, well they were a friend of my oldest son, also the person who robbed me of at least the mutimeter and the tools also stole my neighbors generator, was seen by another neighbors kid loading the thing up in a van with someone else. This kid has also stolen numerous xbox 360's games and controllers from various people's homes who he was invited into. I was also told that he was overheard asking someone if they wanted to trade smoke for ammo. Of course all this information is going to the detectives when they get back to me. Anyway, I do appreciate people keeping an eye out for things because I dont know how much, if any, my insurance will cover, I need to pull out my policy and take a look. Anyway I appreciate everyone!

Gunner

If you know who stole your stuff, and if it was a friend of one of your sons, then why don't you and your son go to the dudes house and get your stuff back?

Churchmouse's post reminded me of a rule in my house when my kids were home. My kids were fully responsible for anything that their friends did at our house. I found out after-the-fact about several kids who were banned from our house by my son after they did something stupid. We had a lot of high school kids in and around our house back in the day and nobody ever broke, stole, or messed up much of anything. I'd bet a dollar that your son knew his friend robbed you before you knew it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you know who stole your stuff, and if it was a friend of one of your sons, then why don't you and your son go to the dudes house and get your stuff back?

Churchmouse's post reminded me of a rule in my house when my kids were home. My kids were fully responsible for anything that their friends did at our house. I found out after-the-fact about several kids who were banned from our house by my son after they did something stupid. We had a lot of high school kids in and around our house back in the day and nobody ever broke, stole, or messed up much of anything. I'd bet a dollar that your son knew his friend robbed you before you knew it.

I did not want to offend or hurt the OP anymore than he has been already "BUT"..............if I knew who had my stuff, I would already have it back.
    OP can handle this as he see's fit of course but the law of the jungle should be observed. My son had a "Batch" of bad apples in his life for a brief period. They brought some misery on us and it was dealt with in the fashion we are referring to.
    Son walking the straight and narrow these days.

OP, I wish you the best.

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    Wow... I can not understand what you must be feeling. I will hope for the best.

Remember, locks and cameras only keep honest people honest. A scumbag who wants your stuff will get it no matter what.

Good luck.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Definitely keep us updated on the progress. This has made me think about who i've told in passing about what i've got. I'm probably far too lax about that sort of thing. Good luck.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I need to know a person before they get into the circle. It is not that hard to look into someones eyes and see what they are about. Young druggy's or thieves have a vibe about them. They have issue with eye contact. They scan your stuff and ask questions or make comments looking for info that should send up flags. Family history is an important factor. If you know "Dad" and he was from a family of idiots then you need to watch carefully. Having grown up in a very rough and tumble area it is easy to see through people.
    Also letting folks know how badly a thief would be treated if caught can be a factor in how you are respected or targeted.
    Some time at the kitchen table with a new face can be very enlightening if you use that time wisely.

All good information and advice, thanks. I've seen those people with that "vibe" about them and it has almost always turned out to be correct. That just means that I need more practice! I've also had to dump adult friends after I meet their "other" friends. Good for you on keeping your kids/family safe!

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    I have a pretty good idea as to who did it. Obviously I have no definitive proof, but if the doosh admitted to stealing my multimeter, then most likely he is the one who stole my ammo. I also have heard that my neighbors kid saw him and another person pull up in a van and boost my neighbors generator out of the back of his truck.

Gunner

vwfred69

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    noblesville
    I have a pretty good idea as to who did it. Obviously I have no definitive proof, but if the doosh admitted to stealing my multimeter, then most likely he is the one who stole my ammo. I also have heard that my neighbors kid saw him and another person pull up in a van and boost my neighbors generator out of the back of his truck.

Gunner
    Any good news yet?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nothing at all... Still waiting... I dont know if I should go ahead and put in an insurance claim or not....

Gunner

I'm sorry if I've forgotten some of the facts but....why wouldn't you? It seems to me timeliness might count...I'd at least contact my agent and discuss with him/her. :twocents:

Top Bottom