• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    New promoter (We The People Gun Shows - Greg Waters), new show.......no track record.

Home

Thanks, Brad.

I should've thought to just try that domain...the recent registration would explain why "the Google" couldn't find anything for me.

Might be worth the trip just to see how they roll.

jeffreyd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    s/w indy
    Some competition going on for dealers. Small war about encroaching territories it seems to me. Promoters heading north and others heading south. Closest to home wins for me if the promoter does his part. Give a guy a chance. Got to start off somewhere. He may have spent his advertising budget in one spot without realizing what a great place INGO is. Hence one of my rare posts. See you at the show!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Some competition going on for dealers. Small war about encroaching territories it seems to me. Promoters heading north and others heading south. Closest to home wins for me if the promoter does his part. Give a guy a chance. Got to start off somewhere. He may have spent his advertising budget in one spot without realizing what a great place INGO is. Hence one of my rare posts. See you at the show!

Here is the problem...just in Indiana alone, we have at least 6 different (maybe more) promoters doing shows, with central Indiana getting over saturated. We have the Indy 1500, Holt Rd., and the Marion Co. fairground shows. Then you have the surrounding areas....Anderson, Greenfield, Franklin, Lebanon, Kokomo, Lafayette, Bloomington, and I'm sure I have missed a few. A lot of these shows are well established, and vendors have been attending these shows for years, and many vendors like myself have already committed to attending these established shows for this year. So, when a new promoter rolls into town and tries to start a new show, it's going to be difficult getting quality vendors to attend because they have already committed to these established shows.

Another concern is, if this promoter is telling one person, “buy one table, and get one free', and then telling other possible vendors that each table is $25.00, there is going to be a problem...it's not good business, and most vendors will avoid this “game playing” by a promoter. I try avoid any promoter that plays games with table pricing. Let's say you rent 4 tables at $25.00 each for a total of $100.00, then you find out that certain other vendors with the same amount of tables only paid $50.00......... How would this make you feel?........that is the problem, and a guarantee that I, and other vendors wouldn't come back and support this promoter's shows.

I wish this promoter well, and hope that his show is successful, but he's going to have a tough road ahead of him getting this show established with quality vendors.

Last edited:

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Has anyone else seen any advertising for this show? The only thing I can find online (other than INGO) is on the WIBC website. I've never heard of the promoter before.
    I've been looking for two weeks. This thread is the first thing I have come up with. A lot of promoters advertise with WIBC. I have never thought of them bringing in the masses. I know a lot of guys don't get on them interwebs but More social media to draw a younger crowd to promote shooting sports is what we need.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I've been searching and hoping to find something on this show, but there's nada out there. I'd like to go and see what it's like. Hopefully it won't be a big waste of time.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Update: Talked with a gentleman named Gregg today and he confirmed it is $25 per table but is buy one get on free(basically $25 for 2 tables). I will be setting up there.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Update: Talked with a gentleman named Gregg today and he confirmed it is $25 per table but is buy one get on free(basically $25 for 2 tables). I will be setting up there.

Not a good way to start out as a new promoter. I was told $25 a table. When he called me and tried to get me to do his show, nothing was said (or offered) about getting a free table for every one that I rented. This promoter has lost all creditability with me, and it's a guarantee that I will never attend one of his shows. I will make sure other vendors are aware of this promoter's shenanigans.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Not a good way to start out as a new promoter. I was told $25 a table. When he called me and tried to get me to do his show, nothing was said (or offered) about getting a free table for every one that I rented. This promoter has lost all creditability with me, and it's a guarantee that I will never attend one of his shows. I will make sure other vendors are aware of this promoter's shenanigans.

I feel ya Brad but what popped into my mind was what if they couldn't sell enough single tables at $25 so they decided to offer a deal at 2 for $25? Presumably if they did this they made it right with those who committed at $25 per. I have zero knowledge if this happened but am only throwing it out as a possibility.
    Dan

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I feel ya Brad but what popped into my mind was what if they couldn't sell enough single tables at $25 so they decided to offer a deal at 2 for $25? Presumably if they did this they made it right with those who committed at $25 per. I have zero knowledge if this happened but am only throwing it out as a possibility.
    Dan

That is very possible. I would image getting vendors to a new show is very difficult with all of the other established shows that he has to compete against.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area

I can certainly understand your standpoint. I don't know if, like already mentioned, he had trouble selling tables or if there maybe was a miscommunication. He seemed up front and didn't have a run around so I'll give him a try. I've dealt with you before and you too were excellent to deal with so in no way am trying to discredit you.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I heard from Greg Waters last night about the tables. He said it's always been $25 a table with buy one get one free. He also said he has over 30 vendors with over 85 tables. It looks to be a good show!
    Dan

Top Bottom