• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Nah it was the big black dude. Saw the cadet though. It's OK, cops that aren't big into Guns probably wouldn't know much about a 1911.

That guy was a Sergeant! I expect more from an NCO.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I went to the show this morning, not a bad show for being the first one especially. I was surprised at how many tables there were and how crowded it got.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    That guy was a Sergeant! I expect more from an NCO.
    Was it a Danville PD officer or a Hendricks Deputy? Not that it matters in this context, but curious.

As mentioned, not all cops are into guns. It's tool that they've been issued and trained on. They probably know their duty weapon(s) pretty well, but aren't that knowledgeable about others.

I really wanted to go, but I'm still recovering from the truck that hit me (figuratively) in mid-week.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    Good crowd in the afternoon. I actually ended up going twice. Got a nice kydex holster made for my new EDC. Decent prices, nothing amazing. Nice to have a show in Hendricks county. I heard they cleared over 2000 attendees by the time I left the second time around 1630hrs. Talked to Guy on the walk to the car. Overall a very nice event. I hope they have more, as I will return.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Was it a Danville PD officer or a Hendricks Deputy? Not that it matters in this context, but curious.

As mentioned, not all cops are into guns. It's tool that they've been issued and trained on. They probably know their duty weapon(s) pretty well, but aren't that knowledgeable about others.

I really wanted to go, but I'm still recovering from the truck that hit me (figuratively) in mid-week.

Brownsburg PD. The 12 year old (I'm sure he was over 21, but I'd have carded him buying beer) was a Thorntown Deputy Marshall.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Nice show. Glock 22 police trade ins $380 out the door, pocket rocket 40 S&W Glocks $400 OTD. Woody had Brownells AR mags for $8. Then again I saw an Otis cleaning kit (the black case one with everything in it plus a gerber tool) for $250. Woody has one considerably cheaper. Very well attended.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Had a great turn out for a first show there in years. It was confirmed over over 2k attended, 95 tables and 70 some vendors.
    I'm confused. I thought tables were buy one-get one free for $25? If that's true, there shouldn't be more than 47 dealers and the table count should be an even number. Were they charging some dealers more than others?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010

Brownsburg PD

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I'm confused. I thought tables were buy one-get one free for $25? If that's true, there shouldn't be more than 47 dealers and the table count should be an even number. Were they charging some dealers more than others?

youre correct my numbers on the vendors are off. No body was sharing tables and I didn't see anyone that had less than 2 tables. My apologies for that. Not even sure how I put that number, was a long but good day yesterday. I'll try to report back today with the correct number of vendors.

edit: 31 vendors

Last edited:

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I made an afternoon of it. Started at the Mayberry Cafe then the gun show. I was surprised when I went to pay that ladies got in free. That was a nice perk. Everyone was very friendly and we were greeted by the promoter as we cleared the entrance table. He told us that the deal of the day was a six pack of cinnamon rolls for $5.00. Turns out that was our last stop and was the only thing we bought. I would go again if for no other reason than to have an excuse to make the trip to Danville to go to the Mayberry Cafe.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    My wife and I made an afternoon of it. Started at the Mayberry Cafe then the gun show. I was surprised when I went to pay that ladies got in free. That was a nice perk. Everyone was very friendly and we were greeted by the promoter as we cleared the entrance table. He told us that the deal of the day was a six pack of cinnamon rolls for $5.00. Turns out that was our last stop and was the only thing we bought. I would go again if for no other reason than to have an excuse to make the trip to Danville to go to the Mayberry Cafe.

I went yesterday with my 6 year old daughter and our last stop was to get a cinnamon roll. They told me twice to be careful that it didn't fall off the plate and I said ok ok. We just about made it to the table and there it goes face/frosting down onto the floor. So, I bought another one (they didn't want to charge me but I said it wasn't their fault) so I ended up with one roll for $4 but totally worth it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Small show, but it's 4 miles away for me.

[h=1]Hendricks County Gun & Knife Show[/h]Date Oct 21st – 22nd, 2017

City/State
    Danville, IN
    Hours

• Saturday: 8:00am - 6:00am
    • Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm

Admission

• General: $5.00
    • Children 12 & under: Free
    • Free Parking

Description
    The Hendricks County Gun & Knife Show will be held on Oct 21st-22nd, 2017 in Danville, IN. This Danville gun show is held at Hendricks Co 4-H Fairgrounds & Conference Complex and hosted by We The People Gun Shows. All federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/hendricks-county-gun-show/

Top Bottom