• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I drove by earlier and it looked like a big crowd. Anyone selling military surplus pants there? I could sure use some new ones........but it seems all of them are made so cheap now days I hate ordering online, never know what I am getting.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Picture of the big room with stout field. That's about what we have here. No bargains to write home about, 550 for a G 43? Most was fairly reasonable. Oh well, guy will be here in 48 minutes

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I drove by earlier and it looked like a big crowd. Anyone selling military surplus pants there? I could sure use some new ones........but it seems all of them are made so cheap now days I hate ordering online, never know what I am getting.
    I did not see any

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Here is the problem...just in Indiana alone, we have at least 6 different (maybe more) promoters doing shows, with central Indiana getting over saturated. We have the Indy 1500, Holt Rd., and the Marion Co. fairground shows. Then you have the surrounding areas....Anderson, Greenfield, Franklin, Lebanon, Kokomo, Lafayette, Bloomington, and I'm sure I have missed a few. A lot of these shows are well established, and vendors have been attending these shows for years, and many vendors like myself have already committed to attending these established shows for this year. So, when a new promoter rolls into town and tries to start a new show, it's going to be difficult getting quality vendors to attend because they have already committed to these established shows.

Another concern is, if this promoter is telling one person, “buy one table, and get one free', and then telling other possible vendors that each table is $25.00, there is going to be a problem...it's not good business, and most vendors will avoid this “game playing” by a promoter. I try avoid any promoter that plays games with table pricing. Let's say you rent 4 tables at $25.00 each for a total of $100.00, then you find out that certain other vendors with the same amount of tables only paid $50.00......... How would this make you feel?........that is the problem, and a guarantee that I, and other vendors wouldn't come back and support this promoter's shows.

I wish this promoter well, and hope that his show is successful, but he's going to have a tough road ahead of him getting this show established with quality vendors.
    eh. They all do this. Dan that runs the 1500 offers circle jerks to all his buddy dealers or used to.
    then the guy who acted like a crack head thay used to run the hold road show (Danny?) did the same thing and never advertised with the money he took from dealers.

I only attend the 1500. Anything else is a waste of time and even the 1500 is a waste of you're buying new guns from dealers

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Picture of the big room with stout field. That's about what we have here. No bargains to write home about, 550 for a G 43? Most was fairly reasonable. Oh well, guy will be here in 48 minutes
    yep same dealers that are always just showing off their goods to smart buyers because only suckers are buying it sounds like.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I did INARNG, Duty, at Stout Field, and it is NOT "in the hood" .....

The closest neighborhood, is a half mile west, on Minnesota St.,

and almost 1 mile south, south of Raymond St., is Mars Hill .....

If that is the "hood", then what do you call 38 and Mitthoeffer ?????
    uh yeah. Mars hill is the hood
    yep 38th and mitthoeffer, hood too

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    In and out in about 15 mins. Not too bad for a first show. Officer at the door didn't know how to operate my 1911 with the thumb safety on.

Saw a vltor casv-el under some tacticool crap.

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    I spent about 3 hours there today. sold a couple smiths and bought a scope, some Colt AR mags and a nice leather sling. Enjoyed the morning so much, I might go back tomorrow. Hopefully they will hold 3 or 4 more shows there a year. Oh yeah, the bisquits and gravy were really good.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    In and out in about 15 mins. Not too bad for a first show. Officer at the door didn't know how to operate my 1911 with the thumb safety on.

Saw a vltor casv-el under some tacticool crap.
    Was it the one who looked 12?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Was it the one who looked 12?
    I saw him too. I figured he was a cadet. Funny thing is when a couple of my friends came in he "secured" one of their pistols by putting the tye wrap through the mag well, just like every other show. The next pistol he just put it through the trigger guard hanging down. Same thing with his bolt action rifle. I think he was getting flustered.
    As far as the show I counted about 100 tables. Now with each dealer getting at least 2 tables some were spread a little thin on product. I didn't buy anything but it was a nice way to spend the morning after being couped up sick all week. $5 entry an a couple bucks in gas made for a good time. I agree a lot of the dealers are the same ones I see at Stout Field. I spoke with Woody and he said business was booming. Matter of fact he was running out of ammo cans and needed to bring more tomorrow.
    When they have another show I'll probably go. I didn't see any info on when it will be.
    Dan

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Oh I did see a rifle I'd never seen before except in magazines. It was the pump action Troy .223/5.56. Just like an AR15 except that it was pump action. It uses standard AR mags. If it had been cheaper than $600 I would have bought it just for the novelty. In hindsight I should have asked if he was open to any trades.
    Dan

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Some gems from the show: 750 for a Ruger MkIII Hunter with laser grips (used), 449.00 for a 9mm Shield. Some older S&Ws for those that are into S&Ws. One dealer had six Winchester Pump 22s starting at 1,100 and going North. Ithaca Model 37 Pump decent condition, 439.00, if I hadn't bought a Model 12 few days back I might have bought this one, of course at market price and not what he listed. Maybe worth the 5 bucks, but not a long drive.

Top Bottom