• ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So lets have it shooter521

The maritime spring cups are fluted; these flutes allow water to pass by the firing pin when the gun is submerged, allowing the firing pin to move forward with enough force to detonate the primer. They also allow water to drain from the firing pin channel upon surfacing.
    glo_70m.jpg

I pulled this from the web:

The marinized Glock 17 is primarily for use by various Special Warfare units operating in aquatic environments. At least one specialized Scuba diving group regularly uses G17's to dispatch sharks where they dive. The Glock 17 using NATO specification ball ammunition will completely penetrate a minimum of one 1/2" pine board at a distance of ten feet from the muzzle when fired underwater.

Trained personnel who use Glocks underwater know they must obey several rules:
    1) use only a Glock Model 17 with amphibious spring cups;
    2) use only 9mm FMJ subsonic, sealed primer ammo;
    3) completely immerse the pistol and get *all* the air out of the barrel;
    4) wear protective ear plugs, gloves, wet suit, face mask, etc.;
    5) do not fire near solid objects or in enclosed spaces to prevent return
    concussion.

skigun75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Indiana
    Trained personnel who use Glocks underwater know they must obey several rules:
    1) use only a Glock Model 17 with amphibious spring cups;
    2) use only 9mm FMJ subsonic, sealed primer ammo;
    3) completely immerse the pistol and get *all* the air out of the barrel;
    4) wear protective ear plugs, gloves, wet suit, face mask, etc.;
    5) do not fire near solid objects or in enclosed spaces to prevent return
    concussion.

Seems like lots of rules when a shark is chasin dinner

pokey308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    New Palestine, IN
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned any of the Rambo movies. My fav is the last one they just did with the sniper kid who lugs around his barrett and I think the longest shot he takes it like 150yrds give or take. OH! and he puts a surpressor on it and its rediculously quite, like not even there quite.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Instead of resurectin my post I figured I would join the more popular table. Someone mentioned DUKES of hazard about squeeling tires on dirt. Well back @ 1983 my bestfriend made the tires of his pick up howl on a mixture of sand dirt and gravel. Since most of dukes scenes were on dry clay I bet those tires howled as well. but again the sound people couldn't leave it alone. but no one even mentioned the fact that a 69 charger didn't have that backwards turning starter or the fact that it sounded a lot like a small block chevy. Let's not even go near the dynamite arrows with blasting caps. or Magnum pi not ending up with peanut butter on his sights or slide.

cfouts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Mine is on the movie SWAT. When Colin Farrel is having the range contest with the current member of swat, he takes the last couple shots with his slide locked back.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Mine is on the movie SWAT. When Colin Farrel is having the range contest with the current member of swat, he takes the last couple shots with his slide locked back.

That movie also describes what is clearly a TEC-9 as an "AK-47"... but then again, it's a newscaster who speaks the line, so it might just be reflecting reality. :n00b: :):

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    On “The Equalizer’ years ago, the main characters protégée was blasting away with a rifle in full auto mode when The Equalizer comes over and says, “not fully automatic, use select fire” and flips a lever to what is supposedly semi auto.

Bucky

Top Bottom