• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    To say I am anti gun would be to say I have suggested people should not own guns. To say I am anti CC would be to say I have suggested people not carry concealed. Yet I have suggested neither at all. Coupled with the fact I am a gun owner who carrys concealed....makes it even less logical.

That makes the conclusion that I am "anti-gun" and "anti-cc" much stranger than anything I have suggested because there is at least some truth in me saying that "some (not all) people who feel the need to be strapped 24/7/365 are hair trigger nutjobs".
    I never called you anything but you made references to me being a nut job and people like me is the reason you carry.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    To say I am anti gun would be to say I have suggested people should not own guns. To say I am anti CC would be to say I have suggested people not carry concealed. Yet I have suggested neither at all. Coupled with the fact I am a gun owner who carrys concealed....makes it even less logical.

That makes the conclusion that I am "anti-gun" and "anti-cc" much stranger than anything I have suggested because there is at least some truth in me saying that "some (not all) people who feel the need to be strapped 24/7/365 are hair trigger nutjobs".

I really understand your points and respect your decision on when and how you carry. However, you also cannot blame how people's minds are ingrained with self preservation and take precautionary measures when there is a lot of bad things going on around us.

I used to think just like you about people carrying 24/7 and how I think they are just trigger happy individuals waiting for a "chance".

When I took my official first gun proficiency class, my instructor pointed out the value of carrying inside my house Or close to me whenever possible. He also mentioned a movie( I know huh! Lol) called law abiding citizen where he had good pointers on why it's important your defensive weapon be close to you.

It was a game changer. Now i can balance being relaxed and aware at the same time knowing that whatever happens, I can defend myself and my family.

I have also noticed and it might not be a good ting or vice versa that I'm more vigilant when I'm in my house as compared to being outdoors.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I really understand your points and respect your decision on when and how you carry. However, you also cannot blame how people's minds are ingrained with self preservation and take precautionary measures when there is a lot of bad things going on around us.

I used to think just like you about people carrying 24/7 and how I think they are just trigger happy individuals waiting for a "chance".

When I took my official first gun proficiency class, my instructor pointed out the value of carrying inside my house Or close to me whenever possible. He also mentioned a movie( I know huh! Lol) called law abiding citizen where he had good pointers on why it's important your defensive weapon be close to you.

It was a game changer. Now i can balance being relaxed and aware at the same time knowing that whatever happens, I can defend myself and my family.

I have also noticed and it might not be a good ting or vice versa that I'm more vigilant when I'm in my house as compared to being outdoors.

:+1:....hence the reasons I pointed out that he has NO sufficient self-defense training/knowledge

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I wish my ESP was as good as that of jamesg. Then I could predict when a BG was and was not going to show up. Then I would never need a gun. Think of the money I could save if only I had the ESP of jamesg.

Sadly I don't. Thus, I must do my best to be my best prepared.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I wish my ESP was as good as that of jamesg. Then I could predict when a BG was and was not going to show up. Then I would never need a gun. Think of the money I could save if only I had the ESP of jamesg.

:lala:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

you think we're :horse:

wait, I'm a Marine....there's no such thing as "too dead" ;)

carry on!

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    if you are living somewhere where you feel the need to carry walking around in your own home you are:

A. paranoid and insane, no need discussing that further

B. living in the wrong neighborhood, move already

C. dreaming :) wake up ****er

or

D. all of the above

Are u freaking high?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shelbyvillejerry
    i dont know about the rest of you guys, but if ur paranoid enough to carry in your own house you should consider steel doors and window bars!

Put down the bong!

No kidding, shotguns are much cheaper than bars and steel entry doors

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    There is more than one right way to view gun ownership. I take a different approach than some of you. That doesn't make me right or you wrong, it just makes us different.

I am in no way anti-gun or anti-cc. I own and carry myself. When home, it gets put away. If I get pulled over I notify and provide ID. I don't carry with one in the chamber, only in the mag. All of those things are up to each individual and none of them goes against the right to own and carry a firearm.

Just because I don't carry condition one and on my person around the house does not make me anti-gun or anti-cc. How strange a conclusion that is....

Maybe you don't see yourself as anti-gun, but you share a lot of traits of the anti-gun crowd. First, you vilify what you don't understand. There's not a lot of difference between saying that anyone that carries in their house is paranoid and that anyone that thinks they need a gun at all is paranoid. You are just a degree away from being anti-gun.

Then, when confronted with a differing opinion, you close your mind and hold your ground. Same thing that the anti-gunners do when confronted with logic. The beauty of rhetorical discourse learning a different perspective. If you truly understand a different perspective, yet still feel the same way, you can usually discuss it without the need to offend and belittle. The people that state their opinions with their fingers firmly in their ears usually have an ax to grind.

No, you say you are not anti-gun, but you come with a great deal of distrust for firearms. You don't carry with a round chambered? Another sign that you have a deep distrust of firearms. That's another trait of anti-gun folks. They don't trust guns, so they fight against them.

My suggestion is twofold. First, decide if having a firearm is really something you are up to. Then, if it is, start carrying with a Snapcap in the chamber instead of going with an empty chamber. Do this with the gun fully cocked and see how many times over the next month or two, the gun accidentally fires against the snapcap. You'll find that it does not. Maybe that will help you get over your distrust of firearms and come to understand the perspective of those that choose to carry all of the time.

BTW, I am one of those nuts that carry 24/7. I also carry life insurance 24/7 despite not having any expectation that I'm about to die. I have smoke alarms, yet am not expecting a fire. I carry auto insurance even though I have not had an accident in 27 years. I do all of these things because I understand that the minimal effort it takes to do them is far outweighed by the terrible costs of being caught without them if they are needed.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Maybe you don't see yourself as anti-gun, but you share a lot of traits of the anti-gun crowd. First, you vilify what you don't understand. There's not a lot of difference between saying that anyone that carries in their house is paranoid and that anyone that thinks they need a gun at all is paranoid. You are just a degree away from being anti-gun.

Then, when confronted with a differing opinion, you close your mind and hold your ground. Same thing that the anti-gunners do when confronted with logic. The beauty of rhetorical discourse learning a different perspective. If you truly understand a different perspective, yet still feel the same way, you can usually discuss it without the need to offend and belittle. The people that state their opinions with their fingers firmly in their ears usually have an ax to grind.

No, you say you are not anti-gun, but you come with a great deal of distrust for firearms. You don't carry with a round chambered? Another sign that you have a deep distrust of firearms. That's another trait of anti-gun folks. They don't trust guns, so they fight against them.

My suggestion is twofold. First, decide if having a firearm is really something you are up to. Then, if it is, start carrying with a Snapcap in the chamber instead of going with an empty chamber. Do this with the gun fully cocked and see how many times over the next month or two, the gun accidentally fires against the snapcap. You'll find that it does not. Maybe that will help you get over your distrust of firearms and come to understand the perspective of those that choose to carry all of the time.

BTW, I am one of those nuts that carry 24/7. I also carry life insurance 24/7 despite not having any expectation that I'm about to die. I have smoke alarms, yet am not expecting a fire. I carry auto insurance even though I have not had an accident in 27 years. I do all of these things because I understand that the minimal effort it takes to do them is far outweighed by the terrible costs of being caught without them if they are needed.
    I bet you are just crazy enough that you carry a spare tire in your car too:D

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana

interesting reasoning

I don't carry without one in chamber out of fear, it's out of the lack of need. Just like not carrying around the house. If the situation is such that getting it or cocking it is too much, then it was probably bigger than I was in the first place. I would be one step better off than someone who doesn't carry, and perhaps one step behind those who carry fully loaded. I am perfectly fine with that. Magically I went the first half of my life without a gun at all in all sorts of really hairy situations/locations. I'll take my chances that if I ever actually need to pull it, the extra second to rack it is there. Otherwise oh well. Can't go around trying to plan for everything. At least I can't. I would never be able to live that way. But that's just me. It scares me that there are lots of people preparing for a shootout that will most likely never happen. Not because they are "prepared". Because they constantly are trying to analyze a situation and are so ready to draw that the second it would take to cock the gun is too much time to take. To me that extra second might just as well be the one second that causes you to not take a life if not necessary. It could be that extra second saves a life, that being "over prepared" is perhaps a little overboard.

I know my opinion isn't popular in the gun crowd. I'm ok with that. I think it is unfortunate that many people here feel like you either fit into the quintessential gun totin' dude or else you are "anti-gun". Believe it or not you can own without being a passionate lover of all things gun. You can carry without having Israeli trained reflexes with a round in the chamber and the hammer cocked. And yes, you can actually have a gun in the house and not have it on your person, OMG the horror! haha

I feel it odd there aren't more like me around here, but then again, those people probably won't go search out gun enthusiast forums. Oh well....carry on....:yesway:

Top Bottom