• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Another violent casualty of the Drug War.

A 61-year-old guy was watching TV and thought that he was experiencing a (non-police) home invasion. He armed himself, like any of us would, and was slain in his own home.

The police were actually supposed to be home-invading the neighbors. Whoops.

The responsible parties will be given a paid vacation as a penalty.

Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House - ABC News

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Each actor responsible should be charged with breaking and entering, 2nd degree murder, use of a firearm in the commission of a crime, use of a machine gun in the commission of a crime, etc.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Absent checking a date on a tombstone, it is difficult to ascertain with any certainty exactly when this happened.

Regardless, this happened a llllloooooonnnnngggg time ago. Almost a whole decade and a half!

In no way does it represent or indicate what is going on today.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Absent checking a date on a tombstone, it is difficult to ascertain with any certainty exactly when this happened.

Regardless, this happened a llllloooooonnnnngggg time ago. Almost a whole decade and a half!

I don't think I'd want explain that to the Guerena family in AZ, or even to the three people who were shot at (thankfully not killed) in California while the police were freaking out over Dorner.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I don't think I'd want explain that to the Guerena family in AZ, or even to the three people who were shot at (thankfully not killed) in California while the police were freaking out over Dorner.

Nor would I.

Others would do so happily though.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    For me, I look at instances like this and see how improvements are made by the department after a tragedy like this happens. Have they had any further incidents since this event? If not I don't see much of a point talking about it. That doesn't mean it was right.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Another violent casualty of the Drug War.

A 61-year-old guy was watching TV and thought that he was experiencing a (non-police) home invasion. He armed himself, like any of us would, and was slain in his own home.

The police were actually supposed to be home-invading the neighbors. Whoops.

The responsible parties will be given a paid vacation as a penalty.

Man Dies in Police Raid on Wrong House - ABC News

Is this from 2006

It appears to have happened in 2000.

^This the OP's article is a bit misleading. The incident took place back in 2000. Guess what happen to the JBTs?

NOTHING!!!! From the article below:

"The case of her husband went to court. A jury failed to find the officer in charge of the botched raid that killed him guilty of any wrongdoing. The city of Lebanon did pay the family a $400,000 civil settlement"

And as if life could not be more wierd/odd/tragic. The adams family is once again struck with a "police accident". Mrs. Adam's cousin's husband was in police custody, when the JBT holding him slipped. His gun fired, the other JBTs thought the "suspect" had fired a gun and fired at him, killing him. :facepalm:

And the police wonder why we can not trust them. :n00b:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Purple I assume?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    For me, I look at instances like this and see how improvements are made by the department after a tragedy like this happens. Have they had any further incidents since this event? If not I don't see much of a point talking about it. That doesn't mean it was right.

It doesn't help the dead guy though.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Old article, but you have your answer as to what would happen if you defended your home from an illegal Police invasion. As if there really was much doubt. Only difference would be after the shooting stopped and people were dead.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Still wonder why the OP's article is popping up now again when this occurred 10+ years ago? :dunno:
    It happens from time to time when some website resurrects an old story, and once again it gets passed around the internet as if it were fresh news. I assume this happened because I was sent this story from 3 different people in one morning. Looking at the article, the comments were recent but the article itself did not have a date.

Earlier this week there was an old CNN story passed around about the 2011 NDAA bill declaring the homeland a battlefield. Except I knew all about that and it was dated.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Racism?

NAACP officials said they are monitoring the case. Adams was black. The two policemen are white.

Perhaps over the last decade the NAACP has stopped responding in such a knee-jerk manner.

:dunno:

Nah!

Top Bottom