• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A follow up.

“We did the best surveillance we could do, and a mistake was made,” Lebanon Police Chief Billy Weeks said.
    In 2010 Chief Weeks was placed on administrative leave. Why?
    City officials said Chief Dowell and another city employee were sitting in a vehicle. Commissioner Weeks was standing outside the vehicle. Officials said they were horsing around and Weeks pulled his gun and stuck it to the chest of Dowell.
    Further down in this 2010 article is this gem:
    Last month a group of residents and a city councilman wanted Weeks to resign after a police officer mistakenly shot and killed a man. The officer mistook the accidental firing of his partner's gun as shots being fired by the suspect.
    This department sounds completely dysfunctional and dangerous. However, I might be cherry picking.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    In case anyone is interested, ESPECIALLY THE OP this news flash is from an incident that happened in 2000.
    http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/10/06/tennessee.shooting/
    http://www.wnd.com/2000/10/6324/
    http://www.drugwar.com/pninjashame.shtm
    For the date challenged, that's nearly twelve (12) ****ing years ago!!!
    It has been dredged up every couple of years by the anarchist media and purported to have "just" occurred.
    It would be a breath of fresh air if SOMEONE would bother to do at least a modicum of research before posting INFLAMMATORY and outdated news articles.
    This Goggle link has a crap load of the articles that have cropped up over the last decade claiming that the incident was a recent .
    http://www.google.com/#q=Lebanon+TN+Man+Dies+in+Police+Raid+on+Wrong+House&hl=en&ei=o095Ub-rEpT3qQH164HgAw&start=80&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=86c0f5c0d899d24&biw=1350&bih=632

I'm sure the OP didn't intend for this to be taken as a recent occurrence. :n00b:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    In case anyone is interested, ESPECIALLY THE OP this news flash is from an incident that happened in 2000.
    http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/10/06/tennessee.shooting/
    http://www.wnd.com/2000/10/6324/
    http://www.drugwar.com/pninjashame.shtm
    For the date challenged, that's nearly twelve (12) ****ing years ago!!!
    It has been dredged up every couple of years by the anarchist media and purported to have "just" occurred.
    It would be a breath of fresh air if SOMEONE would bother to do at least a modicum of research before posting INFLAMMATORY and outdated news articles.
    This Goggle link has a crap load of the articles that have cropped up over the last decade claiming that the incident was a recent .
    http://www.google.com/#q=Lebanon+TN+Man+Dies+in+Police+Raid+on+Wrong+House&hl=en&ei=o095Ub-rEpT3qQH164HgAw&start=80&sa=N&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=86c0f5c0d899d24&biw=1350&bih=632

I'm sure the OP didn't intend for this to be taken as a recent occurrence. :n00b:

Would it have killed you to read the thread before commenting? This has already been pointed out and acknowledged.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Would it have killed you to read the thread before commenting? This has already been pointed out and acknowledged.
    I read every post.
    The fact that the error was discovered prior to my post doesn't negate the fact that the OP didn't do even a small amount of research before posting another of his "Crap on the Cops" threads.
    Like I've stated before, this :poop: is the reason that more LEO's won't join INGO even though they are rabidly pro Second Amendment.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I read every post.
    The fact that the error was discovered prior to my post doesn't negate the fact that the OP didn't do even a small amount of research before posting another of his "Crap on the Cops" threads.
    Like I've stated before, this :poop: is the reason that more LEO's won't join INGO even though they are rabidly pro Second Amendment.

So in an effort to crap on Rambone, you just reiterated what everybody already knew.

Got it. Way to contribute to the conversation.

:rolleyes:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

^This! Plus the fact that the article also point to what occured to the JBTs after it was all said and then.

Do you know what occured to them?

"The case of her husband went to court. A jury failed to find the officer in charge of the botched raid that killed him guilty of any wrongdoing. The city of Lebanon did pay the family a $400,000 civil settlement"

:wow: Not Guilty who would have thought! :wow:
    Mrs. Adams is/was now 400K 'richer' for this expereince. Which I'm sure the tax payers paid for and I'm sure her ATTY took a cut of as well.

:dunno: Are sttlements taxable income? :dunno:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    ^This! Plus the fact that the article also point to what occured to the JBTs after it was all said and then.

Do you know what occured to them?

"The case of her husband went to court. A jury failed to find the officer in charge of the botched raid that killed him guilty of any wrongdoing. The city of Lebanon did pay the family a $400,000 civil settlement"

:wow: Not Guilty who would have thought! :wow:
    Mrs. Adams is/was now 400K 'richer' for this expereince. Which I'm sure the tax payers paid for and I'm sure her ATTY took a cut of as well.

:dunno: Are sttlements taxable income? :dunno:
    Actually the city's insurance company paid the settlement and the city probaby had to pay higher premiums after that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Actually the city's insurance company paid the settlement and the city probaby had to pay higher premiums after that.

Which means in the end the tax payer will be paying for it either in higher taxes or reduction of other services.

No if we have the JBT's pay for it personally and/or force the entire department to do:

- community service on their own time
    - take a class on the US constuition on their own time and dime
    - etc..

I bet you what occurs in bootcamp will occur will quick on the force.
    Those bad apples will be taken care of internally by their own. Either shape up or ship out.

But as it stands right now the JBTs are not punsihed at all.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    wow.... Unclemike...... just wow

I see it happen years ago .....don't worry about it....kind a like Hillary Clinton quote (does it really matter)............

I see let's forget the police did a no knock raid (wrong home )on a elderly couples home the man defended his home to intruders .He knew he has done no wrong fired a shotgun at who he didn't know was police .Funny and sad he used the same advice Joe Biden says to use a shot gun for home defense...off course Joe says shoot through the door :rolleyes:....

The facts are this police men killed (murdered) a innocent man defending his wife and property to what he thought was intruders , but police was at the wrong house. And nothing ever happen to the officers who shot him ....mmm was that justice.....am just sick :puke: of some people here who are so blinded by there love of to the police ...or think any attack on police misconduct is a personal attack on them because they worked or have worked in that profession....let see you have this same thought if it was your family this happen to Wife, Son , Daughter.......would you still have blinders on and stand on that soap box beat your chest....sadly some of these traitors to liberty ,mindless robo programed police do no wrong would.......:twocents:

Last edited:

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    I am only asking, "Could there be another way to serve the warrant?" LIke use the SWAT team outside of house, and have a loud speaker/PA " come out or we gonna come in". WHy always kick door in , you could wait until they came home and not already inside the house, then point guns and give orders! Just saying 2 ways to solve A deadly problem. Protecting the Officers outside the house. The only draw back would be more chance of someone filming it/ watching it.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    wow.... Unclemike...... just wow

I see it happen years ago .....don't worry about it....kind a like Hillary Clinton quote (does it really matter)............

I see let's forget the police did a no knock raid (wrong home )on a elderly couples home the man defended his home to intruders .He knew he has done no wrong fired a shotgun at who he didn't know was police .Funny and sad he used the same advice Joe Biden says to use a shot gun for home defense...off course Joe says shoot through the door :rolleyes:....

The facts are this police men killed (murdered) a innocent man defending his wife and property to what he thought was intruders , but police was at the wrong house. And nothing ever happen to the officers who shot him ....mmm was that justice.....am just sick :puke: of some people here who are so blinded by there love of to the police ...or think any attack on police misconduct is a personal attack on them because they worked or have worked in that profession....let see you have this same thought if it was your family this happen to Wife, Son , Daughter.......would you still have blinders on and stand on that soap box beat your chest....sadly some of these traitors to liberty ,mindless robo programed police do no wrong would.......:twocents:
    I agree that the entire situation was a cluster **** from the start and that the Officers involved deserved to be punished to the full extent of the Law.
    My beef is that the OP, in his haste to crap on Cops, didn't bother to confirm that the article was current.
    It appears that Law Enforcement around here is fair game for disdain and ridicule for incidents that happened at ANY time in the past.
    If that's the case then maybe I can scrounge up some ten or twenty year old articles that crap on truck drivers, plumbers or Lawyers.
    Then we could be known as an equal opportunity hate site instead of just an LEO hate site.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    My beef is that the OP, in his haste to crap on Cops, didn't bother to confirm that the article was current.

I don't really see it as crapping on cops.

Regardless of age, every instance of this is further evidence that these no-knock raids need to stop. People need to know the consequences of the drug war and the no-knock raids used to battle it.

No need to get all butt-hurt.

Nim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    Falls City Area / Clark County
    This is an incompetant, overvealous plice force.

Getting the worng house is plane and simple incompetance.

As to overzealous, I wonder if the house appeared to be a house of a criminal? If it was well kept with a nice lawn, flowers out side, painted well etc., maybe that should have been considered before breaking down a door. I know this is profiling but did any of them have half a brain and look around?

Unless the "Wanted" people are deemed to be armed and dangerous, why dot he SWAT team thing with force. The bullhorn idea above sound pretty good. If they don't comeout, tear gas.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I agree that the entire situation was a cluster **** from the start and that the Officers involved deserved to be punished to the full extent of the Law.
    another of his "Crap on the Cops" threads.
    Mike, you have posted enough in the past to give me some indication that you are interested in rooting out corruption and bad behavior inside police departments. What I can't understand is why you are getting sensitive when I post things that are obvious abuses of the public. Did you feel "crapped on" when I wrote this? WHY? Were you there? Did you pull the trigger or authorize the raid? Does my stance on the Drug War personally offend you?

This situation was a cluster****, and we both agree. This kind of crap happens regularly. You can feel free to post the next raid-gone-wrong so I don't have to. But silence is not an option.

If that's the case then maybe I can scrounge up some ten or twenty year old articles that crap on truck drivers, plumbers or Lawyers.
    Then we could be known as an equal opportunity hate site instead of just an LEO hate site.
    Mike, you understand what politics is about right? Its about government and its exercise of power. If government-paid truckers or government-paid plumbers are out there getting away with murder then I would be HAPPY to discuss it. But frankly the idiots in the private sector are are not relevant to the exercise of government power. They are not getting my tax dollars and they have no state authority. They are irrelevant to politics.

You will frequently see me discussing politicians, bureaucrats, congressmen, judges, prosecutors, teachers, and other state agents. So please stop feeling sorry for yourself, its not personal and its not about cops.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Mike, is there anything you would change about this situation, besides getting the address correct? Anything at all.... laws, policies, etc? Do you think there should be a national discussion about no-knock raids? Particularly using violent raids over stupid crimes like drugs?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Mike, you have posted enough in the past to give me some indication that you are interested in rooting out corruption and bad behavior inside police departments. What I can't understand is why you are getting sensitive when I post things that are obvious abuses of the public. Did you feel "crapped on" when I wrote this? WHY? Were you there? Did you pull the trigger or authorize the raid? Does my stance on the Drug War personally offend you?

This situation was a cluster****, and we both agree. This kind of crap happens regularly. You can feel free to post the next raid-gone-wrong so I don't have to. But silence is not an option.

Mike, you understand what politics is about right? Its about government and its exercise of power. If government-paid truckers or government-paid plumbers are out there getting away with murder then I would be HAPPY to discuss it. But frankly the idiots in the private sector are are not relevant to the exercise of government power. They are not getting my tax dollars and they have no state authority. They are irrelevant to politics.

You will frequently see me discussing politicians, bureaucrats, congressmen, judges, prosecutors, teachers, and other state agents. So please stop feeling sorry for yourself, its not personal and its not about cops.
    I have no beef with rooting out corrupt Cops and seeing that they get what they deserve.
    I was an investigator on a case where a Cop was stealing drug money and evidence.
    He got several years in the State Prison and I was glad to have helped put him there.
    However in this case you posted a nearly twelve year old incident that had been resolved, for better or worse, many years ago.
    A tiny amount of research on your part would have yielded the links that I posted along with about a hundred more.
    In your forward march to vilify Police Departments nationwide you have joined the ranks of the Reckless Zealots who apparently don't give a damn about the usefulness, or even the truth, of any bit of news that can be used to further your goal. The posting of this "Ancient News" article had no other intent than to inflame the Cop Haters on this site.
    Well done.
    Mission accompolished....
    My chosen Profession is like any other.
    There are good people and there are bad people.
    And believe me those of us who are Goop People absolutely despise the FEW who are Bad People.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Butt_Hurt_by_FreemanFDC.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have mixed feelings regarding the age of this incident. On one hand, I feel a modicum of fairness in questioning the posting of an incident over a decade old. On the other hand, it speaks volumes that while this incident may have been resolved such as it was specifically, the general problem is nowhere near being resolved and appears to continue today unabated in spite of some individuals getting their hands smacked. I would very much like to see the larger problem (i.e., overreach and militarization) resolved, but do not anticipate seeing that happen any time soon.

Top Bottom