• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Odd. It could be slightly out of spec chambers. IIRC, a police agency had 'name' brand AR's at one of Sheriff Ken's classes, and every chamber had to be reamed in order to be reliable. Pretty sure they were using brass-cased ammo.

I think Ned Christiansen (sp??) makes a handy-dandy AR chamber reamer that is somewhat affordable and very user friendly.

Both My ARs. Both are 5.56.
    One is a Smith & Wesson M&P15T the other is a Stag Lower with a Model 1 Sales CAR Kit.
    My extractors have ripped the rim off the cases.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Dirty and not very accurate in my m4gery. 3" - 4" pattern at 25m and no it's not me :): Shot my hand loads into 1/2" :do2:

Side note: CMMG's owners manual states -DO NOT USE Wolf ammo

hippykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Johnson Co.
    Dirty and not very accurate in my m4gery. 3" - 4" pattern at 25m and no it's not me :): Shot my hand loads into 1/2" :do2:

Side note: CMMG's owners manual states -DO NOT USE Wolf ammo

As does the dpms manual. It also states no south african, chinese (should not be a problem) or reloads.

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I have a failure with wolf every 100 rounds. Twice I had a round get glued into my AR to the point I had to put a cleaning rod down the barrel and beat on it with a hammer to get the bolt open. I've spent a lot of money buying my guns, and don't see the point of running cheap **** in them and then having to beat tem with a mallot.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I have a failure with wolf every 100 rounds. Twice I had a round get glued into my AR to the point I had to put a cleaning rod down the barrel and beat on it with a hammer to get the bolt open. I've spent a lot of money buying my guns, and don't see the point of running cheap **** in them and then having to beat tem with a mallot.

Amen!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I used to buy their 9mm and .40 stuff fairly often... But then I traded away the firearms that would tolerate it.

The pistols that I have now don't like wolf, unfortunately.

I never had any problems with it, though. I don't remember it being any "dirtier" than UMC or WWB, though it may very well be.

-J-

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.

Expensive American weapons.;)

ARININ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Ive shot about a thousand rounds of wolf 9mm 115g in my Beretta 92 Centurion. NOT ONE PROBLEM.

IT it works fine in my S&W ar 15

Just keep your Guns clean.

I clean after every firing session.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I too clean after every session and it just takes waaaaaaaaaaaay too long to get the weapons clean. Plus my bushy doesn't like it.

I'll only fire the stuff in my brothers makarov... and it just belches crap all over my hand when firing it...

and you are right... it takes forever to get the gun clean.

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    My experience with Wolf is the SKS and AK's have no issues with it. Their design included the use of steel cased ammo.

AR's on the other hand do not eat it well at all. Stick with brass cased ammo for the AR.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    well, as far as i'm concerned it's the best thing going.

of course, i was just given a few boxes of 45acp, and free ammo is fine by me

brainslushy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Warrick County
    I use Wolf in my AR for plinking. It does just fine. never had an issue yet. yes it is dirty...but I clean my rifle afterwards. I've read about problems where people try to switch from Wolf to a brass round in the same range session and have problems because of the brass case expanding like it's suposed to and being impeded by the dirty Wolf leftovers....but I've never had a problem shooting straight Wolf at the range or straight brass anything at the range.

My personal rule is not to mix the two.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    I will only use commie ammo in a commie gun. so i would spend the lil extra for the brass and then just collect it and sell it if you dont reload there are lots of buyers out there for it. you will easily make that little extra money back through selling the brass.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I will only use commie ammo in a commie gun. so i would spend the lil extra for the brass and then just collect it and sell it if you dont reload there are lots of buyers out there for it. you will easily make that little extra money back through selling the brass.
    Or look at the brass as an investment like me... I grab my brass, and anytime someone doesn't want theirs I grab it to and just toss it in the garage.

Top Bottom