• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, more kids die of drowning than handgun accidents. I guess you could wrap them in life jackets full time in the event they encountered a drowning situation.

Or you could use judgement.

There's that…..

Not much need to wear a life jacket if one is on dry land. Conversely, there may well be a need to carry when around places where there are criminals (Broad hint: everywhere.)

ANTI STUPIDITY????!!!!!!! Glad it's Christmas and I'm in the spirit cause if I wasn't I would spend more time on revealing how ignorant u really are for making comments like that.

All IU Health campuses are weapon free. They don't even want you to carry a knife. It is plainly posted @ every entrance. With that being said it is private property and if they catch you security will call PD and have you arrested. You can't carry a weapon on private property if it is posted. I'm not saying you can't carry it, just wonder why you need to or would want to in a hospital?

See above. I can't predict where I'm going to need my handgun. I have it with me when I get dressed, unless I've made a conscious decision not to do so.

My electricians carry knives in there all the time.

Better check your facts.

I have never been to any hospital in my adult life without a knife on me. I've also never had it questioned by any LEO.

This is why you can't even post on here. I was simply passing along info and all the SHL's have to put in their 2 cents. If you are caught in the hospital and security calls PD what do you really think will happen? And the fact is that every entrance says no weapons allowed. I never said an electrician couldn't carry a knife, it was said that they don't even want you to have a knife.

*ahem* (puts on mod hat) This thread has pushed the line on insults at least once, maybe twice. Gadawg, while I agree that what he posted is ignorant, it crosses the line to say that *he* is also. Focus on what is said, not the person saying it. Fng120, I'm not sure what you mean by SHL. The only definition I find doesn't seem to fit. Regardless, as above, let's keep it focused on the words, not the people, please. Thanks. Oh, and just to make it official for everyone, "This is your in-thread warning." :mods:

How could you possibly take that personally?

Broad hint: The things said on the internet are not always about you.

Manatee, I don't think he was taking it personally. I think he was saying it was ironic that you claimed to be anti-stupidity and then made what he viewed as an exceptionally stupid statement, calling other gun owners paranoid and/or recommending people carry a bat rather than be armed as they wish to be, completely legally.

There is room for many opinions. Several of yours that I've seen, I've questioned the attitude behind, as some of your talking points seem very similar to the Bradys. Nonetheless, you say you are pro-gun rights and I'll take you at your word, even if I can't equate some of your posted thoughts with a pro-gun rights mentality.

For example... I carry a gun because I can't predict when I'll need it. That's the same reason my parents made sure when I was little that I knew how to swim: can't predict when I'll need to do it. It's about having tools available to you, whether in the form of ability or equipment. Perhaps you see this differently, and if so, I invite you to explain it in a PM to me (rather than we derail this thread any further than it has been thus far.)

Finally, to all, Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
    Bill

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Well as an FFL and a gunsmith for a decade and a half, I've never heard anyone in "real life" question my stance on firearms.

I don't agree with irresponsibility or stupidity. For example, the 3 year old who was killed pulling a 1911 off the counter? Some of the folks here put it under "sh*t happens". I call it negligence and although IANAL, probably criminal negligence.

The thread today with a step father shooting a resident of his house at a 6 a.m curfew violation? A commissioned officer? Yah, I think that's stupidity and probably criminal. But the GUNS AT ALL TIMES folks think it's OK.

I don't trust everyone who owns a gun. Sorry, but I've seen too many Bubbas in my business and out while I was hunting. Guns and no training is stupidity even though I agree that the 2nd Amendment gives them a right to own.

I suggest maturity and training rather than defending the rights of idiots. It's the idiots who put our gun rights in jeopardy. Not me for "sounding like Brady".

Get a grip, Bill. It's your friends who normally drag you down. Not your enemies.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    How many attacks at children's hospitals in America in the last say…..100 years?

And I thank you NOT to confuse me with an anti-gunner. I am anti-stupidity.
    What difference does it make whether you know of any past shootings? If it hasn't happened before, it can't happen now?
    You may not be "anti-gunner", but you certainly aren't totally "pro carry".

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm not pro-carry unless you can demonstrate you know what you're doing. In that you are correct.

So you don't really believe in the RIGHT to keep and bear arms; you believe in the PRIVILEGE to keep and bear arms, and only for those people you approve of.

Thanks for making that clear.

I think, in order to be allowed to vote, one should first have to earn a degree in either political science or public administration. Too many people vote without even knowing who does what in government, to the detriment of our country.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well as an FFL and a gunsmith for a decade and a half, I've never heard anyone in "real life" question my stance on firearms.

I don't agree with irresponsibility or stupidity. For example, the 3 year old who was killed pulling a 1911 off the counter? Some of the folks here put it under "sh*t happens". I call it negligence and although IANAL, probably criminal negligence.

The thread today with a step father shooting a resident of his house at a 6 a.m curfew violation? A commissioned officer? Yah, I think that's stupidity and probably criminal. But the GUNS AT ALL TIMES folks think it's OK.

I don't trust everyone who owns a gun. Sorry, but I've seen too many Bubbas in my business and out while I was hunting. Guns and no training is stupidity even though I agree that the 2nd Amendment gives them a right to own.

I suggest maturity and training rather than defending the rights of idiots. It's the idiots who put our gun rights in jeopardy. Not me for "sounding like Brady".

Get a grip, Bill. It's your friends who normally drag you down. Not your enemies.

Don't confuse those of us who wish to exercise rights with those that seem to think that equals having no responsibilities. Having a gun is not the issue. Reckless behavior with a gun is an issue.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So you don't really believe in the RIGHT to keep and bear arms; you believe in the PRIVILEGE to keep and bear arms, and only for those people you approve of.

There's a difference between believing in someone's right to do something and believing its a good idea for that person to do so.

I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but I'm onboard with this. There are plenty of untrustworthy idiots out there that have no business with a firearm. That doesn't mean they don't have the right to do own, but it also doesn't mean I have to trust them.

Broad brush.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    All IU Health campuses are weapon free. They don't even want you to carry a knife. It is plainly posted @ every entrance. With that being said it is private property and if they catch you security will call PD and have you arrested. You can't carry a weapon on private property if it is posted. I'm not saying you can't carry it, just wonder why you need to or would want to in a hospital?
    SO MUCH FAIL!

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Now you guys ran off the fng. Hope he is watching and learning. He does bring up a good example. I'm sure that he fervently believes he is right. I think we see that a lot. People truly believe their viewpoint and it really doesn't do any good. Sometimes we are are own worst enemy.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Not much need to wear a life jacket if one is on dry land. Conversely, there may well be a need to carry when around places where there are criminals (Broad hint: everywhere.)

See above. I can't predict where I'm going to need my handgun. I have it with me when I get dressed, unless I've made a conscious decision not to do so.

I have never been to any hospital in my adult life without a knife on me. I've also never had it questioned by any LEO.

*ahem* (puts on mod hat) This thread has pushed the line on insults at least once, maybe twice. Gadawg, while I agree that what he posted is ignorant, it crosses the line to say that *he* is also. Focus on what is said, not the person saying it. Fng120, I'm not sure what you mean by SHL. The only definition I find doesn't seem to fit. Regardless, as above, let's keep it focused on the words, not the people, please. Thanks. Oh, and just to make it official for everyone, "This is your in-thread warning." :mods:

Manatee, I don't think he was taking it personally. I think he was saying it was ironic that you claimed to be anti-stupidity and then made what he viewed as an exceptionally stupid statement, calling other gun owners paranoid and/or recommending people carry a bat rather than be armed as they wish to be, completely legally.

There is room for many opinions. Several of yours that I've seen, I've questioned the attitude behind, as some of your talking points seem very similar to the Bradys. Nonetheless, you say you are pro-gun rights and I'll take you at your word, even if I can't equate some of your posted thoughts with a pro-gun rights mentality.

For example... I carry a gun because I can't predict when I'll need it. That's the same reason my parents made sure when I was little that I knew how to swim: can't predict when I'll need to do it. It's about having tools available to you, whether in the form of ability or equipment. Perhaps you see this differently, and if so, I invite you to explain it in a PM to me (rather than we derail this thread any further than it has been thus far.)

Finally, to all, Merry Christmas!

Blessings,
    Bill
    It's amazing how often I agree with this guy!

Indiana Camper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Demonstrate to who? Using who's standards?[/QUOTE

Exactly!! All you guys in this camp are starting down a very slippery slope. If it's your standards that seems fine and dandy to you. What about other people's standards? Sometimes I think people that claim to be pro gun but have beliefs like this are worse than the anti gunners. At least they have a goal they are working towards.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Demonstrate to who? Using who's standards?[/QUOTE

Exactly!! All you guys in this camp are starting down a very slippery slope. If it's your standards that seems fine and dandy to you. What about other people's standards? Sometimes I think people that claim to be pro gun but have beliefs like this are worse than the anti gunners. At least they have a goal they are working towards.

somebody can "think" a particular way, but not necessarily want it put into practice, I think it would be great to figure out a way to make sure morons can't have guns, but it wouldn't be the right or legal thing to do so it is what it is

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Yah. And they are gonna have more examples outside of the hood each time a "responsible" gun owner caps his own kid comin home or "accidentally" injures a child. WE are our own worse enemy. You guys haven't figured that out? The next Sandy Hook or Aurora will keep the Brady people pushing legislation.

But it's the dumb sh*t that WE do to ourselves that puts restrictions on us.

It isn't the bangers or the psychos that we can do anything about. It's training and safe usage on OUR parts that keeps the noise limited to the psychos and bangers that keep our arguments strong.

So, I know you all have military training or LEO or NRA training right? And you all have completed a training course and read everything you need to about the present law. Good. That's what…20,000 INGO members?

What about the rest of the Indiana guys carrying?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    One more thing. If you, as an LTCH holder, carry into Reilly and make a mistake with a handgun….doesn't matter whether it was truly a righteous attempt or not…but if you wound a child in Reilly, I guarandamtee you OUR right to carry in this state will be restricted.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yah. And they are gonna have more examples outside of the hood each time a "responsible" gun owner caps his own kid comin home or "accidentally" injures a child. WE are our own worse enemy. You guys haven't figured that out? The next Sandy Hook or Aurora will keep the Brady people pushing legislation.

It isn't the bangers or the psychos that we can do anything about. It's training and safe usage on OUR parts that keeps the noise limited to the psychos and bangers that keep our arguments strong.

So, I know you all have military training or LEO or NRA training right? And you all have completed a training course and read everything you need to about the present law. Good. That's what…20,000 INGO members?

What about the rest of the Indiana guys carrying?

But it is the gang bangers and psychos framing the debate for those that wish to restrict rights.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    WE are our own worse enemy.

So, I know you all have military training or LEO or NRA training right? And you all have completed a training course and read everything you need to about the present law.

?
    the first two quotes, I'll leave alone, and let you figure out the irony.

the third, what does training have to do with anything? And, have YOU "read everything you need to about the present law"? (Whatever that means)

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    i presume the plan for a "OC event" at RHFC is now in the works, you know, so the public can be informed about their rights! Why stop at starbucks? it's your right!!!!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    the first two quotes, I'll leave alone, and let you figure out the irony.

the third, what does training have to do with anything? And, have YOU "read everything you need to about the present law"? (Whatever that means)

If you don't know how to use it and can't exercise good judgement, then you shouldn't be carrying. You are a danger to yourself and the community. If you don't think you need training in safety rules, if you can't handle disputes, if you can't hit sh*t under stress, then YOU are the problem, mi amigo.

And me, and my brethren that are responsible will suffer because of your thinking.

I'll leave it there. It is impossible to debate a topic with someone who has a closed mind.

Top Bottom