• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Legalizing marijuana would be the most effective way of keeping children away from pot being sold.

How many children do you see in liquor stores?

Punishing one mom, regardless of her actions being moral or not, will not solve the problem.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Legalizing marijuana would be the most effective way of keeping children away from pot being sold.

Punishing one mom, regardless of her actions being moral or not, will not solve the problem.

yep, and it has stopped kids from drinking too. ;)

just ribbin, i actually agree with you. but until the law is changed blah blah blah

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

So you're saying by legalizing it...kids will have less access to it...just like alcohol? You know lots and lots and lots of kids still drink...right?

And that's why currently...because it's illegal...you don't just punish one mom who allows her kids to help her deal drugs...you punish them all.

Smoke your self silly...but involving the kids? Surely you agree that's wrong? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    So you're saying by legalizing it...kids will have less access to it...just like alcohol? You know lots and lots and lots of kids still drink...right?

And that's why currently...because it's illegal...you don't just punish one mom who allows her kids to help her deal drugs...you punish them all.

Smoke your self silly...but involving the kids? Surely you agree that's wrong? :dunno:

Kids having access to it, or kid's being around someone who is dealing and the dangers and crime that come with prohibition? Two totally different things... this woman was not giving her children pot, she was endangering them by having them present. People that deal drugs get robbed because they are not likely to report it to the police - and are easy targets. Liquor stores still get robbed also, but we do not have children in them.... that, we can more easily regulate. Liquor stores can be dangerous places - but for some reason we do not think of them in the same light.

Although young people do have access to alcohol, in many instances marijuana is more easily accessible to them. That is the nature of underground crime - it is regulated by criminals. Since criminals cannot compete with commercial breweries and distilleries, they do not make money off of alcohol. Imagine a world where bootleg liquor was still profitable - would obtaining alcohol likely be easier or harder for young people? Put regulation in the hands of criminals, and crime will persist.

I do not believe involving children in drug dealing is morally right, I just believe the reasons it is dangerous is directly related to it's illegality.

And we will not punish them all. It is not reasonable to believe we can, or ever will be able, to "punish them all". We have failed at trying to even "deter" them all. As the population grows, it is likely that more people will engage in these illegal activities. We should aim to regulate it in a reasonable manner, not leave the regulation to criminals and arrest and punish the small fries.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

theres always somebody who has to be a party pooper. gosh.... cant a kid get a beer anymore?

(just in case) ^^^ that was a joke people!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Is it your belief that it should be legal and kids should help deal it? And those that do allow their kids to help should go unpunished?

What part of "legalize it" needs an explanation? Legalize it. Its a plant.

You can sell it in a box. You can sell it with a fox!
    You can sell it in a house. You can sell it to a mouse!
    You can sell it here or there. You can sell it anywhere!

Sell it at farm stands, lemonade stands, I don't care! I could care less if a kid helps his parents sell it at a farmers' market right next to the tomatoes... :nailbite: doing so without permits... :nailbite::nailbite: Life would go on and I can assure you that no anarchy would ensue!

As dross has pointed out, the only danger of the situation derives from the laws themselves. Because it is illegal.

My personal opinion is I could not care less if it's legal (but currently it's not)...

Why so apathetic about Big Government? And federal abuse of the constitution? And gargantuan waste of tax dollars? Don't care? What fiscal conservative can logically form this conclusion?

but like alcohol and tobacco...if it were legalized, there should be an age limit of at least 18 (I lean more towards 21).

And what would those nannyish restrictions provide? Job security?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Fargo, is it your belief that marijuana should be legal, but only if kids never are exposed to it? :dunno:

The only belief I have espoused on the matter is that involving your kids in dealing illegal drugs is a vile act for which you should be severely punished. This is primarily because of the violent dangerous nature of that business.

I have never given an opinion on whether I favor decriminalization and I'm not going to now. I keep my own counsel on that matter.

Joe

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    What part of "legalize it" needs an explanation? Legalize it. Its a plant.

You can sell it in a box. You can sell it with a fox!
    You can sell it in a house. You can sell it to a mouse!
    You can sell it here or there. You can sell it anywhere!

Sell it at farm stands, lemonade stands, I don't care! I could care less if a kid helps his parents sell it at a farmers' market right next to the tomatoes...
    Let me ask the question in a slightly different manner...just so I know where you're coming from...knowing that it's currently illegal...would you allow your kids to help you sell it?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    In America, the government is so big and unrestrained that it has the power to "ban" plants that grow straight out of the ground.

An Oklahoman mom of 4, Patricia Spottedcrow, tried to sell $31 worth of plants, and now she will spend the next TEN YEARS in prison.

How $31 of pot gave mom a 10-year-prison sentence

gallery_photo

It's a shame some one is so stupid they would risk 10 years in jail to sell $31 worth of something. The shame is they reproduced 4 times before they got to jail. Makes me think it's probably not the first crime for some one of that mental capacity.

Maybe with the right connections she'd have a shot at republican nominee for governor of Indiana.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Let me ask the question in a slightly different manner...just so I know where you're coming from...knowing that it's currently illegal...would you allow your kids to help you sell it?

Entrapment! :): I don't partake in illegal activities. If I did, I don't think getting change for a $5 would be any more of a moral transgression than letting the kid sit and watch cartoons while I sold my plants. Is it morally any different than asking your kid for change before buying liquor from the grocery store?

The kid's "involvement" in this story really didn't strike me as relevant at all. The whole thing went down in the comfort of their own home. "Go get mommy $5 so she can give change to her friend here..." Hardly worth crucifixion she received.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Entrapment! :):
    Damn...I almost had you... :):

The kid's "involvement" in this story really didn't strike me as relevant at all. The whole thing went down in the comfort of their own home. "Go get mommy $5 so she can give change to her friend here..." Hardly worth crucifixion she received.
    But see, to me...that's the only relevant thing in the story. As I said...personally...I don't care of pot is legal or not. To me it makes no difference. There are plenty of laws that cover driving under the influence...or doing other stupid things if you're stoned.

My only objection is she involved her kids. Because of that...IMO, of course...she got what she deserved. She knew the risks and chose to take them. :twocents:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The part where she tried to sale pot! This country is bankrupt! It cost around 30K plus a year to house a convict give up your salary to house this women:rockwoot:
    You're right. It is expensive to house lawbreakers in this country.
    We could always emulate other Nations.
    The Chinese, for example, have a much more cost effective solution for people such as her.
    A single rifle bullet to the back of the head is much cheaper than housing criminals in big expensive prisons.
    Not my idea of a good solution, but certainly more cost effective.
    Or would you rather just eliminate all laws that cost the Taxpayer money to enforce?
    Of course if financial burden becomes the criteria for the enforcement of the Law, then NO laws will be enforced.
    I guess the Internet Saviors will have to hash (pun intended) that out after they take over the country. :laugh:

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    You're right. It is expensive to house lawbreakers in this country.
    We could always emulate other Nations.
    The Chinese, for example, have a much more cost effective solution for people such as her.
    A single rifle bullet to the back of the head is much cheaper than housing criminals in big expensive prisons.
    Not my idea of a good solution, but certainly more cost effective.
    Or would you rather just eliminate all laws that cost the Taxpayer money to enforce?
    Of course if financial burden becomes the criteria for the enforcement of the Law, then NO laws will be enforced.
    I guess the Internet Saviors will have to hash (pun intended) that out after they take over the country. :laugh:
    I am right! The so called elected officals who choose to ignore the electors and carry on their own agenda need to be (pun intended) hashed out!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Just the ones that are unconstitutional and based on irrational fears and phony science. And the ones that violate our right to property, privacy, liberty, pursuit of happiness, etc...

Someone is going to have to figure it out after the country goes bankrupt in our lifetimes. Doing it your way is sending us there.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Just the ones that are unconstitutional and based on irrational fears and phony science. And the ones that violate our right to property, privacy, liberty, pursuit of happiness, etc...

Someone is going to have to figure it out after the country goes bankrupt in our lifetimes. Doing it your way is sending us there.
    Well, good luck your Majesty.
    Or your Eminence.
    Or Mr President.
    Or whatever title you decide to give yourself.:n00b:
    I eagerly await your rise to power and your solutions to all of the Worlds troubles.
    It oughta be a hoot!!! :laugh:

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    The part where she tried to sale pot! This country is bankrupt! It cost around 30K plus a year to house a convict give up your salary to house this women:rockwoot:
    How does pot affect your brain when trying to write in grammatically-correct English?

Here, I'll rewrite it so the grown ups can understand.

The part where she tried to sell pot! This country is bankrupt! It costs around 30K plus a year to house a convict. Give up your salary to house this woman:rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom