• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    How does pot affect your brain when trying to write in grammatically-correct English?

Here, I'll rewrite it so the grown ups can understand.

The part where she tried to sell pot! This country is bankrupt! It costs around 30K plus a year to house a convict. Give up your salary to house this woman:rockwoot:
    Scatter! The grammar police are here!

I'm not sure how much pot you smoked tonight, but what does "It costs around 30K plus a year to house a convict" mean? Since there is no pause in your sentence, do you mean to say that "It" costs someone 30 thousand dollars in addition to a year to house a convict? I'm confused on your "30K plus a year" phrasing. What did you mean by this?

Maybe you meant to type "It costs thirty thousand dollars or more, per year, to house a convict". Either you need to lay off the pipe as well, or perhaps not everyone on INGO can be as perfect as you think you are.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    How does pot affect your brain when trying to write in grammatically-correct English?

Here, I'll rewrite it so the grown ups can understand.

The part where she tried to sell pot! This country is bankrupt! It costs around 30K plus a year to house a convict. Give up your salary to house this woman:rockwoot:
    Dear sir I was hoping my poor grammer would peak your interest. Now that you have nothing else to lean on, go **** yourself. Explain to me why you wouldnt give up your salary to house this women?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Well, good luck your Majesty.
    Or your Eminence.
    Or Mr President.
    Or whatever title you decide to give yourself.:n00b:
    I eagerly await your rise to power and your solutions to all of the Worlds troubles.
    It oughta be a hoot!!! :laugh:

:dunno: Is he a dictator because he said our government should uphold the Constitution or because he is in favor of more liberty?

I expect no less than three laughy faces in your reply. Don't disappoint!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Dear sir I was hoping my poor grammer would peak your interest. Now that you have nothing else to lean on, go **** yourself. Explain to me why you wouldnt give up your salary to house this women?

I wouldn't give up my salary to house this woman because it's my salary, she can go get her own. What I am willing to give up is the law that put that woman in jail for ten years for selling plants.

Minus the being in jail for the next ten years of her life, is there (theoretically, because now she's in jail) something keeping this woman from making enough money on her own, without taking anyone else's salary that they worked for, to pay for her own housing?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well, good luck your Majesty.
    Or your Eminence.
    Or Mr President.
    Or whatever title you decide to give yourself.:n00b:
    I eagerly await your rise to power and your solutions to all of the Worlds troubles.
    It oughta be a hoot!!! :laugh:

?????

You should call the people who dictate how we live our lives, "your majesty." Call the people who take our money and spend it to oppress peaceful people, "your eminence." Call people who support BS laws that they have broken themselves, "Mr. President."

I just wanted you to acknowledge that the War on Drugs costs us hundreds of billions of dollars per year, borrowed from foreign nations, sending us into inevitable bankruptcy.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    :dunno: Is he a dictator because he said our government should uphold the Constitution or because he is in favor of more liberty?

I expect no less than three laughy faces in your reply. Don't disappoint!
    He's not in favor of more liberty!
    He said NOTHING about upholding The Constitution!!
    That is the :poop: that you interjected into his writings.
    What he said was, that it costs a lot of money to house Criminals.
    He's right!
    OK!
    Either pay it, or pick an alternative.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    ?????

You should call the people who dictate how we live our lives, "your majesty." Call the people who take our money and spend it to oppress peaceful people, "your eminence." Call people who support BS laws that they have broken themselves, "Mr. President."

I just wanted you to acknowledge that the War on Drugs costs us hundreds of billions of dollars per year, borrowed from foreign nations, sending us into inevitable bankruptcy.
    This country is bankrupt. Nothing you or I can do about it except pass the debt on to our children. I refuse! **** the goberment!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    The part where she tried to sale pot! This country is bankrupt! It cost around 30K plus a year to house a convict give up your salary to house this women:rockwoot:
    Here's the post.
    Nothing said about The Constitution, or any other "Freedom" language either.
    Try again.
    Maybe you'd better lay off whatever it is that you've been ingesting so much of.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Scatter! The grammar police are here!

I'm not sure how much pot you smoked tonight, but what does "It costs around 30K plus a year to house a convict" mean? Since there is no pause in your sentence, do you mean to say that "It" costs someone 30 thousand dollars in addition to a year to house a convict? I'm confused on your "30K plus a year" phrasing. What did you mean by this?

Maybe you meant to type "It costs thirty thousand dollars or more, per year, to house a convict". Either you need to lay off the pipe as well, or perhaps not everyone on INGO can be as perfect as you think you are.

Uh oh, you made some errors yourself. Lay off that pipe, chief.:):

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    He's not in favor of more liberty!
    He said NOTHING about upholding The Constitution!!
    That is the :poop: that you interjected into his writings.
    What he said was, that it costs a lot of money to house Criminals.
    He's right!
    OK!
    Either pay it, or pick an alternative.

The alternative, being not choosing to make non-violent people criminals.

The alternative, being rational regulation - like alcohol, which as an eerie parallel, has been a success in it's prohibition repeal.

I do not understand how people can be against children being around marijuana, and then turn around and support the laws that continually cause the situation.

People will do these drugs. We will continue to fail at deterrence. It is reasonable to believe, that as long as it is an unregulated illegal activity, some children will be around it being sold because it is illegal. Children are not around the sale of marijuana because it exists, they are around the sale of marijuana it because it is illegal and unregulated.

If you do not believe in the decriminalization and legalization of marijuana, you are contributing to the causal relationship between its prohibition and children being around drug dealers.

Please, prove me wrong, or just continue to ignore it.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    What happened to discretion ?

What is really missing in the judicial system is "discretion" or in layman's terms, common sense. It would make more sense with small scale non-violent situations like this to seek restitution with community service. In other words, pay back the debt vs. creating more of it. Instead they just keep piling it on.

They say justice is blind. Well, more like blind as a bat.

Tax collectors with a gavel.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Damn...I almost had you... :):

But see, to me...that's the only relevant thing in the story. As I said...personally...I don't care of pot is legal or not. To me it makes no difference. There are plenty of laws that cover driving under the influence...or doing other stupid things if you're stoned.

My only objection is she involved her kids. Because of that...IMO, of course...she got what she deserved. She knew the risks and chose to take them. :twocents:

I do not like people involving their children in the drug trade either... but..

Blaming people that involve their children in the drug trade for endangering them...

Is like blaming a rape victim that wore makeup for having her child with her.

Both could have been targeted because of the things they did, and the child could be endangered because of external actions they cannot control. Rapists and thieves are the ones we should be blaming for these heinous crimes, and not parents for having their children with them.

People are raped and killed, and this can be dangerous to children if they are present. Because women know wearing clothes and makeup that makes them look appealing may make more people aroused, does not mean that we can blame them for being targeted. In my opinion, it does not mean we should say "they knew the risks involved" by taking their children with them to the grocery store.

Neither WANTED to be targeted - neither wanted the violent crime to exist. Blaming them for the dangers of the world is immature and unreasonable.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Blaming people that involve their children in the drug trade for endangering them...

Is like blaming a rape victim that wore makeup for having her child with her.
    No...it's not. :n00b:

Perhaps since you made the comparison...we should ask the women of INGO their take on the comparison?

Ladies? Your take on this statement, if you please?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    No...it's not. :n00b:

Perhaps since you made the comparison...we should ask the women of INGO their take on the comparison?

Ladies? Your take on this statement, if you please?

Maybe you can just explain how it is not the same?

In both instances, you blame the victim for the actions of the violent offender.

Marijuana does not cause homicides, or thefts - thieves cause thefts, and murderers cause homicides.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    In both instances, you blame the victim for the actions of the violent offender.
    You did...I didn't.

Endangering kids by involving them in an illegal, dangerous occupation is NOT the same as an innocent woman walking down the street with her kid and being raped.

You made the connection...not me. I don't know how...but you did. :n00b:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    You did...I didn't.

Endangering kids by involving them in an illegal, dangerous occupation is NOT the same as an innocent woman walking down the street with her kid and being raped.

You made the connection...not me. I don't know how...but you did. :n00b:

I was not trying to say you blame the latter, and the language of using "you" was incorrect.

However, in the end, blaming a drug dealer for being robbed or killed is very much the same thing - blaming the victim for the violator's crime.

People that commit murder, or theft, or rape - have intent to do so. They choose, with their own free will, to commit these crimes. Justifying their behavior because their victim is breaking the law in my opinion, is illogical.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    What is really missing in the judicial system is "discretion" or in layman's terms, common sense. It would make more sense with small scale non-violent situations like this to seek restitution with community service. In other words, pay back the debt vs. creating more of it. Instead they just keep piling it on.

They say justice is blind. Well, more like blind as a bat.

Tax collectors with a gavel.

+1
    So far I've stayed out of this discusion. Lead Head makes sense to me.
    There is not much common sense in the drug laws we have toay. Punishment does not fit the crime.
    I had an X friend back in the early 80's that went to Fla. to score big on some Coke. He scored alright, spent around 20 years in the Fla. prison system. After getting out he told me about perps doing less time for rape and murder than what he was doing. He is now scared straight. He says he is not going to do anything that lands him behing bars again.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Didn't Al Capone go to jail for not paying taxes? And he went to jail for a long time and it was less owed than the current treasury sectary was to pay back for his “mistake”! Just keep doing what they tell you and you better smile when you mail your taxes!

Top Bottom