• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Now, I agree with the third solution, but I'm in a very small minority. What should I do? I can vote Libertarian, but they can't win, never have, never will. In order for that to happen, you're going to have to convince all the people who stand to gain from the programs you want to cut.
    This is the type of thinking that keeps Democrats and Republicans the only viable choice in most people's minds.

"If I vote for who I really want to represent me, I will have wasted my vote!"

If you vote for who you consider to be second... third... fourth best... you DID waste your vote.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is the type of thinking that keeps Democrats and Republicans the only viable choice in most people's minds.

"If I vote for who I really want to represent me, I will have wasted my vote!"

If you vote for who you consider to be second... third... fourth best... you DID waste your vote.

Please outline to me your practical plan to convince enough people to vote for a third party rather than one of the two.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Please outline to me your practical plan to convince enough people to vote for a third party rather than one of the two.

Stop telling people if they do not vote D or R their vote is waste.

Voila. If everyone is not convinced by age 18 that voting for another party is useless, in the age of the internet, other candidates can, and would, gain traction.

I would say open the media to more candidates, but that has been tried and shut down repeatedly by those in power already.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Really, so gun laws are perfectly valid because your opinion doesn't account for ****?

Apparently you aren't familiar with the fact that 99.99%* of the laws on the books are the result of someone's opinion on how we should live our lives and not on any adherence to a standard of protecting the sovereignty of the individual. Put that in your bong and smoke it....or not! :D

Yeah, I despise right wingers, especially because they have guns.

You have zero understand of the Constitution if you think it that it must be in the Constitution for the people to have the right to do it.

The Constitution is a document that enumerates the powers of the federal government. IOW, only those powers granted to Congress specifically in the Constitution are they ones they have justifiable authority to exercise. The Constitution places NO limits on the actions of the individual.

The premise of freedom espoused by our founding fathers was such that the individual was free to act in any what he saw fit providing that it did not infringe on the rights of another individual and/or pose a risk to the sovereignty of the government. Ergo, by default, Americans have the right to ingest any damn substance they so choose.

So by TWO standards, the federal government has zero authority and powers to regulate the legality of a substance: it was neither granted such authority in the Constitution and it infringes on the sovereignty of the individual.

As a direct comparison, if tobacco were made illegal tomorrow, would you accept that?

How about unpasteurized milk? Or sodas? Big Macs?

No such freedoms to partake in those are in the Constitution. Are you going to suggest that no such freedoms exist then?

Tory Convention indeed. Hammer, meet nail.

*Documented fact created in my brain this morning. Because I said so, it is true. Kinda like the validity of the law being discussed.

Hit them where it counts, what if donuts were outlawed?LOL

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Hit them where it counts, what if donuts were outlawed?LOL

OUTLAW DONUTS!!! THAT IS IT!!
    l_fc91f15a15e2b8b743e9fbc6ab1bf850.jpg

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    As of right now it is illegal so I understand that but should it be illegal is a totally different topic. My opinion is that its not any worse than drinking, and I think our government has proven they cant fight it so legalize it and tax the **** out of it. Then our government may have some money.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    You have zero understand of the Constitution if you think it that it must be in the Constitution for the people to have the right to do it.

The Constitution is a document that enumerates the powers of the federal government. IOW, only those powers granted to Congress specifically in the Constitution are they ones they have justifiable authority to exercise. The Constitution places NO limits on the actions of the individual.

The premise of freedom espoused by our founding fathers was such that the individual was free to act in any what he saw fit providing that it did not infringe on the rights of another individual and/or pose a risk to the sovereignty of the government. Ergo, by default, Americans have the right to ingest any damn substance they so choose.

So by TWO standards, the federal government has zero authority and powers to regulate the legality of a substance: it was neither granted such authority in the Constitution and it infringes on the sovereignty of the individual.

As a direct comparison, if tobacco were made illegal tomorrow, would you accept that?

How about unpasteurized milk? Or sodas? Big Macs?

No such freedoms to partake in those are in the Constitution. Are you going to suggest that no such freedoms exist then?

Tory Convention indeed. Hammer, meet nail.

*Documented fact created in my brain this morning. Because I said so, it is true. Kinda like the validity of the law being discussed.

So why is the right to bear arms in the Constitution? Could it be because the crafters of the Constitution realized that if it wasn't actually protected, it could be outlawed? Why do we, as gun owners, always state our 2nd Amendment rights instead of stating that there's nothing in the Consititution that outlaws gun ownership? If the Constitution doesn't limit the government, the government will expand, like a parasite.

Again, I was raised that one should not use drugs. Perhaps that belief lead me into the field I chose to pursue as a career. I haven't taken someone to jail for possession for a long time as I usually just file a summons. Bottom line, everyone knows it's illegal and when they decide to use it, they know that they open themselves up to the possibility of legal action against them.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That's kind of the point, the penalties are out of whack.

If anything non violent offenders should be fined, community service, etc.

10 years for weed??? Stupid.

My cousins kid pulled an ARMED robbery and was out in a year.
    Put a GUN in a womans face up against her head and stole a nights deposit bag.
    That dipstick is family and I think he should be locked away.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I am paid to enforce laws as they're written on the books.

Show me in the Constitution where it gives the people the right to smoke marijuana and that the right shall not be infringed. Don't try calling me out on bull**** when you have never met me.

I apologize that I was raised that you shouldn't use drugs. I've never seen marijuana contribute anything positive to our society, unless lack of caring and motivation are positives for us. I don't dig for the stuff but when it is placed right in front of me, you will be arrested as much for your stupidity as for your using marijuana.

We aren't dealing with illegal searches, no-knock warrants, gun seizures, open-carry or anything that is genuinely protected by the Constitution so try comparing apples to apples in the future.

I wasn't comparing guns to pot. Only pointing out the fact that you said you will enforce laws as they are written on the books. So when guns are banned, I have no reason to believe that you won't arrest those who refuse to give their guns up. Or are you just going to give a gun owner a summons?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    While I don't disagree with this...I still cannot for the life of me...understand why people continue to risk it.

Is it really worth it? Risking selling (or buying) a few pot plants and chance 10 years in prison. :n00b:

I can't understand it, but it seems to be worth it for some.

Respectfully, though, your question is upside down. The question should be:

Should we really do this? Send someone to prison for 10 years for selling or (buying) a few pot plants?

Math has never been my strongest subject, but don't sides of the equation have to balance?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So why is the right to bear arms in the Constitution? Could it be because the crafters of the Constitution realized that if it wasn't actually protected, it could be outlawed? Why do we, as gun owners, always state our 2nd Amendment rights instead of stating that there's nothing in the Consititution that outlaws gun ownership? If the Constitution doesn't limit the government, the government will expand, like a parasite.

lets make NO mistake about it. The framers created the second amendment to confirm the peoples right and ability to secure the rest of the principles this govt was founded on and recognizes in the constitution, and make sure NO part of the govt got too big or oppressive and tried to take those rights away. that government includes; military, police, politicians, dog catchers, etc. The second amendment isnt about just being able to go out and hunt, or shoot some paper.

this isnt stiring up talk of forbidden subjects, this is just the truth and American History to answer your question.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I wasn't comparing guns to pot. Only pointing out the fact that you said you will enforce laws as they are written on the books. So when guns are banned, I have no reason to believe that you won't arrest those who refuse to give their guns up. Or are you just going to give a gun owner a summons?

But guns are so amazingly totally different than pot. Because it's so much easier to make the argument for regulating the burning of a naturally occurring weed than it is for weapons that can actually be used against another person.

Urinate on one freedom, you'll urinate on another.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010

I said that's what I'm paid to do. Digging for stuff and chasing it is different than having it thrown in your face, like the marijuana arrests I've made. If they would order that guns be taken away, I will refuse to go look for them. If they are illegal and I find one sitting on the floorboard of someone's car, I have little choice but to act on what I see.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I said that's what I'm paid to do. Digging for stuff and chasing it is different than having it thrown in your face, like the marijuana arrests I've made. If they would order that guns be taken away, I will refuse to go look for them. If they are illegal and I find one sitting on the floorboard of someone's car, I have little choice but to act on what I see.

Read that back to yourself. Pull back just a little and read it. If you do, you'll see that you're making our point, way, way better than we can.

Scary.

Top Bottom