• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Has anybody ever shot a handgun upside down? Can you imagine all the things that can go wrong.

Yes...A model 28-2 Smith and Wesson back when I was in my late teens/early twenties...A PPC shooter was doing it at the range and I asked him to teach me and he obliged....Everything is the same you just hold at 12 o'clock instead of 6 o'clock....You realize how little strength you have in your pinky and one can only fire it a few times comfortably...It's just trick shooting, it looks cool and is not that hard to do....

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I carry a colt defender exclusively. I train with a colt defender exclusively (alot). I have carried a 1911 style pistol for over 35 years. I think I got this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Kixu
    user_offline.gif

Gun only fires upside down after reassembly...HELP!

One of my buddies just bought a Taurus PT1911. He was having lite primer strikes and his back strap safety was really hard to press. So, he and my other buddy took the gun apart, cleaned the firing pin channel, reassembled and instantly the lite primerstrikes where fixed. Now to the back strap safety, they disassembled the gun far enough to get to the leaf spring, bent very slightly the one finger on the leaf spring to fix the back strap safety tightness. When they put the gun back together, they were not able to get the gun to cock without racking the slide 4 or 5 times. When the gun finally does cock, the gun will not fire UNLESS it is turned upside down.

Does anyone know what might have gone wrong? I don't know if it is in the way it was reassembled or what would cause this. I don't know where to start to help them. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

From the 1911Forum. So there's at least ONE guy who needs to be able to fire a 1911 upside down.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Man...you read all 8 pages...
    As a previously active participant in this thread, I don't think I even read all of it. You know, when you think about this silly ****, I see the Black Knight of Monty Python fame.

Go ahead, shoot me again with your POS (insert brand here), it doesn't hurt.

Between this and the Judge thread and I should be good until 2017. However, if there is ever a shotshell in a 1911 vs Glock thread, I am so in on that one.

Top Bottom