• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    My place isn't bullet resistant either. Had the idea ; if you're cutting and stacking cord-wood you could stack it a few feet from the cabin like a breast-work. Stack it on treated runners and spray the ground under it for bugs.[never stack it against a heated wall even in winter] It might reduce your vulnerability in a gun fight. Hey ... just a
    thought.

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    If there is a crawl space under the cabin that might be a decent place to hide stuff. Even id there is no real access to it you could cut a hole in the floor, reenforce the floor joists and then have access to it. Make a door out of the floor you cut to give you the access point. This way you do not have to gain access from the outside. When ever you do not need access you can throw a rug over it and then a piece of furniture so it is better hidden to anyone that may get it. This is all assuming it stays dry down there but I assume it does as it is a newer build.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    If there is a crawl space under the cabin that might be a decent place to hide stuff. Even id there is no real access to it you could cut a hole in the floor, reenforce the floor joists and then have access to it. Make a door out of the floor you cut to give you the access point. This way you do not have to gain access from the outside. When ever you do not need access you can throw a rug over it and then a piece of furniture so it is better hidden to anyone that may get it. This is all assuming it stays dry down there but I assume it does as it is a newer build.

Thats actually i really good idea. I just dont know if i can talk my family into letting me cut a hole in the floor

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    To answer, "what else should I be getting?", considering your budget, I would focus on what you can afford most which is getting your mindset right. That is something many just do not understand, and it is free. Work through in your mind what concerns are most likely to occur and work it through in your mind how and when you would react. Think through how quickly you would react, and how to get from location A to B. How long will that take, and what are you able to take with you. Chances are if you are at school, you are without your AR or Glock. So I would start out with your car is probably perpetually near empty, you are hungry, and like most you are not where you want to be when you realize you need to get moving quickly. Never park your car again without enough gas left to get you where you plan to get to next. Next, would be a bug out bag. (BOB) That can be as simple as last years back pack. Contents vary too greatly to get into detail. But pack it with whatever you deem essential to getting to your destination as if you had to walk, crawl, or swim to get there, in whatever weather season we are in. Count ounces as pounds. Work through this in your head for free, use what you have first, then purchase the most important item next as you can afford to. Keep the bag in your car, so you are ready to start walking if need be. Things to keep in mind are water, shelter, clothing, food, light, small radio, and a way to preserve them all. Also be sure to include your intentions to your parents in reference to your plans. You would sure hate to make it to destination only to find someone is risking all to get to you. After you have these things taken care of, you can look further down the road.

This right here, this person gets it. Everyone should rep this info for nothing less than they will not likely have to rescue this soul.

Top Bottom