How does your wife feel about you OC'ing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ipswervy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Somewhere Indiana
    When my wife and I go out she always asks me to cover my gun, CC. I prefer to OC and occationally do oblige her request and do cover up, but not always. She was asking me if she was of the norm on this or of a minority. I said I would start a thread on this to see what other guys wifes felt about them OC'ing. So let's see where this goes, she wants know , I want to know but it won't change how I feel, OC all the way. Please be nice she's a great mother and a good wife, just want to know how other wifes feel.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    There's some instances where my wife has asked me to cover it up. She carries too but keeps her shirt pulled over it. Most of the time it's not a big deal.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    My wife doesn't care at all. I rarely open carry around town, but when I do she never says anything except how she needs a holster for her Smith .357 magnum that's as big as her so she can OC too. HA!

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    She used to ask me to cover it, until I did some quick training with an airsoft gun. Had her practice drawing from OC and CC a LOT, and then set up some scenarios where I attacked her from about 30 feet.

Real eye-opener.

Only time she asks now is at family functions where we know it will cause arguments that I just cannot win, and in those cases - I agree that it's best.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    yep

Mine says, "oh now we have to wait for you to put your gun on...why do you take that thing everywhere you go?"

(I learned to smile and say "you'll thank me some day")

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Mine is still pissed she couldn't get alimony. :D:yesway::yesway:

Seriously my ex was very anti-gun and love doesn't fix that. When the divorce proceedings started I had to leave town to visit family and when I was gone she brought all my guns to the police station. :xmad::noway: I got them back though. Cautionary tale to the young bucks.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Mine is still pissed she couldn't get alimony. :D:yesway::yesway:

Seriously my ex was very anti-gun and love doesn't fix that. When the divorce proceedings started I had to leave town to visit family and when I was gone she brought all my guns to the police station. :xmad::noway: I got them back though. Cautionary tale to the young bucks.

What exactly did she think? That you having guns was illegal and they were going to keep them?

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    OC is normal and you do not need a permit to do it in Virginia. I was stationed there when I met my wife. She always got annoyed when I came to her job to bring her something and I was OC'ing

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Mine would prefer I not OC in shopping areas and child functions (at the zoo or when the kids have a play date or party.)

Generally, she is OK with me carrying (and knows she needs to renew her license) but does not want it to limit the kids' social options or cause a hassle when running errands (i.e. OCing at the mall)

Top Bottom