How does your wife feel about you OC'ing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Mine generally doesn't really care. She did at first but has gotten very use to it. As others said, if we are going to be around family or kids I will just CC to avoid the questions.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    My mom used to give me grief over it a year or so ago... mainly because she figured it would be inviting trouble. Im still alive, no one has died, and she stopped giving a sh*t. Problem solved. LOL!

My girlfriend loves it. So, I cant really feel you on that one.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    My wife likes for me to OC. She now understands that I am not trying to be a cocky showoff, but it is really for me to be able to show that guns, and people that legally carry them, are not something to be feared or gawked at. Its just like having a knife or another tool on my belt...this one just has better range.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Don't have a wife, but my girlfriend doesn't say too much about it. She will joke about how people think I'm going to rob the gas station or grocery store etc. but she's never given me any real grief about it. The only time she doesn't like me oc'ing is when i'm at her grandma's because she is senile and you never know how she's gonna react to things. So i'll cover it up out of respect.
    But, i still get the feeling sometimes that she thinks it draws attention to us when we are out in public.

ipswervy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Somewhere Indiana
    Thanks for being respectful, my wife and I have read these together and had a few laughs from some of the comments. I think they will help my position in the long run, I will CC when she asks in certain situations, a little bit goes a long way. Like many of you have said, over time she will get used to my OC'ing. Thanks.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    My wife is a teacher & is worried about running into a child or other teacher while Im carrying (Paranoia about losing job ?) So my OC is usually covered by my t-shirt for her sake but when out of town she has no problem with it

ironmanran

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Lafayette
    Just talked to my wife about this because she has not ever said anything to me n a long time about it. She has never been around gun at all except a BB gun her entire life until she met me. So getting her used to seeing them around is something shes getting used to. She handles them very cautiously and is still uncomfortable about the touching them. I would like to get her some formal training At first she questioned me about it but that only lasted a few times. Now it's more of u can just OC anywhere?

mrp010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Granger IN
    My wife prefers I CC. Esp when we are out with the kids. I oblige simply because it's easier to do that then argue. Just like most things in marriage...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Divorced, I do whatever I want :rockwoot:

But I CC 90% of the time.

Maybe I should rethink it though, if OC scares some folks, esp women..............that might be a good way to never worry about getting stupid again ;)

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    My wife doesn't care either way. She just feels better that I carry at all. I have two little girls that also know that I carry. They have always know daddy shoots guns and carries one around. I believe and have told my wife this from the time we meet that I carry and have guns in my house. Safest thing to do is understand how they work and not be afraid of them. My guns are always locked up in my safe away from my kids but they know not to touch daddies guns and they understand that guns kill people. I think this is the safest way to be because if my kids learn at home to leave guns alone that may save their life or someones else's at a friends house. Wow sorry I went out on a way out of the way tangent. Back to the original question mmy wife don't care and likes that I carry but I do try to wear clothes that cover or keep my jacket over my holster but if it shows it shows.

Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    I cc, I'm not married, though my gf likes that I carry, though I don't think she would have a problem if I decided to open carry, as there would be a reason for it

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    My wife isn't fond of me carrying in general, so when I OC around her and the kids, I usually hear about it later... I'm slowly wearing her down, but there are times when I just know for my own peace and tranquility at the homestead to CC... Daughters softball games and practices are good examples of having to CC. :D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My wife has actually suggest I cover more often. Don't know why the change. She never mentioned it until the last several months. I'm guessing it is some sort of "mothering" thing, since we are out with our little girl more often.

I still OC most of the time, and CC only on occasion. No one seems to mind.

Top Bottom