How does your wife feel about you OC'ing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Well, my "wife" is actually still my fiancee, but I'll respond to the thread anyway.

She doesn't mind it at all when I OC. In fact, she is so used to it, that she forgets it is there and then gets confused when people give us weird looks. She CC's herself, but doesn't have a problem with me OC'ing, and anytime somebody gives us a weird look or something, we'll talk about it in the car on the way home later. She understands that guns in society won't become normal again until people start to bring them into society under normal circumstances.

She's even had conversations with people about OC and gun laws in general that were sparked because of me. She talked to the garden center guys at Rural King about it after they saw my G17 while I went to pull the car around.

jjohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    I am not comfortable ocing accept for around the house or in the woods. My wife is ok with me carrying, but feels the same way I do about carrying in public. I don't have a problem with people ocing. I personally don't want to raise conflict, so I keep mine hidden in public.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    My wife would probably not like it, but neither do I so it's not a problem. I do support OC and think people should be able to do it without being harassed, I don't for personal reasons.

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My wife asks that I CC when we are out and about. I think doing so negates unnecessary attention, making for an enjoyable evening together.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    My wife never mentions it. She's either completely fine with me openly carrying or she doesn't think it's worth an argument.

Either way, it's all good. :cool:

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I am not married yet but my fiance will tend to not say anything if I cc or I may get the just leave it in the truck comment. She has never said not to carry. I imagine she may have an issue if I were to oc but I dont know how I feel about ocing cause I have never done it and frankly a bit timid to do so. Its kinda unlikevm to be timid because I am an outgoing person. But I guess time will tell once I try to do it.

js24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    My girlfriend doesn't like me to either. She doesn't mind me CC'ing, but she just doesn't like the attention. I don't mind covering up. I actually prefer people not to know I am carrying most of the time, unless I am in a bad neighborhood.

I personally am quite happy to oblige, my girlfriend is quite good at being just that, my girlfriend. T&A trumps OC anyday or at least in my book....

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    My wife dose not see the need for a 1000 or 1. She thinks no one should do any type of carrying. When I'm with her I CC, don't see it, it's not there. During the day when she's at work I OC. During the day it's large S&W, Ruger or 1911. The day I asked her to marry me I told her that guns were in my life before her and they would be there when I die.

scott5626

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    La Porte
    My wife knows I'll snap her neck like a twig if she questions my gun being out (looks to make sure she's not around) she laughs at me sometimes and wonders who I hate so bad at Walmart.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    My wife used to get a little nervous about it, but now I don't ever leave the house without it OC'd.

I have my clothing in such a way I can just untuck a shirt or flip it over the gun if I have to CC somewhere (Malls, usually).

She is used to the fact I always have something on me now.

camcdonnel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    When my wife and I go out she always asks me to cover my gun, CC. I prefer to OC and occationally do oblige her request and do cover up, but not always. She was asking me if she was of the norm on this or of a minority. I said I would start a thread on this to see what other guys wifes felt about them OC'ing. So let's see where this goes, she wants know , I want to know but it won't change how I feel, OC all the way. Please be nice she's a great mother and a good wife, just want to know how other wifes feel.

My wife prefers me to carry, but only if it is CC. Any time I try to OC, she says it makes me look trashy. :laugh:

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    My husband's wife prefers that he CC rather than OC. :whistle:

There is no reason to draw attention to yourself unless you are wanting to prove a point and when we are out and about with the kids is NOT the time to prove a point. Of course this is the same man who rats me out to anyone he happens to be chatting with when I am CC'ing...

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    My GF dosent mind if I CC or OC as long as Im carrying while we are out. But normaly I OC, due to the fact all I have is a pocket pistol currently for carry but hope to change that with the addition of a new carry piece this fall.

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Got a Fobus paddle holster today for the full-size P250.
    Took it home. The conversation went like this:

Wife: the flat rubber part is backwards
    me: no, it's supposed to be curved that way or else it'd dig into my side.
    wife: wait... but this way the gun is outside your belt...
    me: yes.
    wife: but... then people will see it.
    me: well ... yes. probably.
    wife: Isn't that illegal? Isn't your permit a concealed carry permit?
    me: no... it's just a license to carry however you feel like.
    wife: ... oh. huh.

End of conversation. Made me realize how much being anal about the wording (LTCH) actually makes a difference.

She doesn't mind me carrying in the slightest, but I know for a fact she's more comfortable with it out of sight.
    That's fine with me. I have only OC'd once, and that was with an IWB holster...

Top Bottom