• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Rocky1927 my understanding from reading this tread was the ATF demand all the customer names and address who got the 10/22 from the maker. They then sent letters to all those owners asking to sign an affidative saying they know the item is illegal (ie. MG) and to return the item unless otherwise destroyed.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    When the BATFE nixed the Akins unit what became of those already sold? Were they "grandfathered" with no transfer fee like the Striker 12 (Or was it a "Streetsweeper"?), or were they confiscated? Anyone know for sure?

go back a few pages and read the article on it, seems like they had to give up the spring.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I agree. I made it all the way to the cart before backing out. Would it work on a MP 15-22? Or would there not be enough recoil?

I have been pondering the idea behind this, and how it works and this is what I have come up with:
    the operator is pretty much pulling the trigger into the trigger finger until the shot breaks, when the shot breaks the recoil temporarily overcomes the force that is being applied forward on the weapon causing it to move back until the recoil spring lessens the force of the recoil enough that it may then be overcome by the constant forward pressure on the rifle. To make this product work, the distance that the rifle is pushed back must be enough to reset the trigger. With this is mind I would assume that it would work on a normal trigger with a full powered round, but if one wanted to use it on an extremely lighter load (a .22 for example) they might need a lighter trigger and/or shorter reset.

Pretty much, from my understanding: The force of the recoil needs to exceed the force you are putting forward on the rifle enough to reset the trigger.

In short: I do not know if it would work on a .22.

Rocky1927

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    :spend:I ordered one yesterday. Hopefully it will work as depicted. I'll let you know. I've got a Ceiner .22 conversion kit for my AR and I REALLY hope it works with it as .223 in FA gets expensive quick.
    Keep your fingers crossed.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I got one for Christmas,but its right handed and I'm left handed. Maybe that was his intent.So he could use it.

Rocky1927

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    :ar15:It arrived yesterday and looks well made and seems as if it will work as advertised. Work has me covered up right now but hopefully I will get to the range soon and let you know how it goes.

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    any more updates on this stock? anyone have one and need a place to shoot. i will run 120 rounds of my ammo with you to try it out (2 mags each). i own 250 acres of property to shoot at in spencer if your willing to drive or i will come to you.

Top Bottom