• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Videos please!!!!

& not the ones on you tube from the makers. I want to see "real" ones per say. =)

---update--

A little more you tubing and I find:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbQsVH3Czrs[/ame]

question however?
    Will you be damaging your AR if you use this method in a prolonged way since you are firing more rapidly then the weapon was designed for? :dunno:

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Anymore updates from users on here? This one has me intrigued for sure. Any luck using .22 with it?
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe the youtube video right above your post is from an actual INGO member. Regarding 22, I doubt it, there is barely enough recoil in 22 to cycle the action, let alone recoil the entire gun enough. It may be possible if you can come up with a trigger with about 1/2 lb trigger pull, and you're very, very delicate on the forward pressure you apply.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe the youtube video right above your post is from an actual INGO member. Regarding 22, I doubt it, there is barely enough recoil in 22 to cycle the action, let alone recoil the entire gun enough. It may be possible if you can come up with a trigger with about 1/2 lb trigger pull, and you're very, very delicate on the forward pressure you apply.

Pretty much word for word what the manufacturer told me when I e-mailed them about using it on a 22

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :dunno"
    "IO" ????

Sadly I suspect that the ATF is just waiting for more people to buy it before they pull the plug on it and then go after everyone that has it. Note those that bought it won't be in trouble (per say) but will have to give the item up.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So ATF has YET to pull this. Hum.. I wonder what they are waiting for? :dunno:
    I don't think they are going to. They've been pretty consistent on their ruling regarding items like these in the past. The Atkins Accelerator was a completely different ball-game. Do some reading on it and you'll find out the major difference between the 2 situations.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I don't think they are going to. They've been pretty consistent on their ruling regarding items like these in the past. The Atkins Accelerator was a completely different ball-game. Do some reading on it and you'll find out the major difference between the 2 situations.

Could you point me in the right direction for the reading please. Thanks!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Could you point me in the right direction for the reading please. Thanks!
    The history of the Atkins is pretty well known. When Atkins sent a unit to the ATF FTB they sent a non-working prototype for an SKS rifle. Because the unit wasn't functioning ATF looked at it and then said, "We don't see any reason why that would be considered an MG". Atkins went into production of the Accelerator for 10/22's and ATF got ahold of one, examined it, and reversed their decision that it was in fact an MG. They made an initial decision on a non-working unit and only when presented more information they reversed judgment on it. Also, take note of the operation of the Atkins. It was operated by a self-contained spring which caused the trigger to be pulled again automatically until your finger was released from the trigger. This, by definition is a MG.

OTOH, we have the slide-fire stock. A complete working unit was sent to the ATF and they tested it in live-fire with one of their AR15 rifles and then determined that it's not an MG. They had the full story up front, nothing to hide, no new information to come along later. To understand why the Accelerator was considered an MG and the slide-fire is not, we must consider the workings of the slide fire. The slide-fire doesn't have a self-contained spring, your arm pushing the forearm forward is the "spring". You can hold your finger down all day and the slide-fire will only fire 1 round, until you manually push the gun back forward. This manual action done by you is considered a "pull of the trigger". The user is taking an action to manually pull the trigger each time the gun fires, even though your "trigger finger" isn't moving, there is still manual input from the user that causes the trigger to fire. The fact that the firearm and user function "together" to make this action happen very fast has no bearing on the MG status.

Similar examples: Lets say you have a pump shotgun that will "slam fire". They did make these, I have one (Ithace 37). You just hold the trigger and operate the pump and the shotgun fires each time the bolt closes. The shotgun is firing more than round per pull of the actual trigger, but because the user is giving the firearm a manual input (pumping the action) that alternative manual input is consider to be "a pull of the trigger". So when compared to the slide fire, this is not much different, the only real difference is that the recoil of the firearm is performing the rearward action of your arm, and then the muscular tension in your arm is performing the forward action that causes the firearm to discharge again.

If you still want links to reading material on the history of the Accelerator I'll have to search around for them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks CB19 for the info. That is an eye opener. Now to save up my pennies for one of these. **SIGH** So many "wishes" on my wish list. :faint:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Thanks CB19 for the info. That is an eye opener. Now to save up my pennies for one of these. **SIGH** So many "wishes" on my wish list. :faint:
    The first version has had some bad reports of aesthetics and some things that weren't designed very well. The stock still functions, it just aint pretty, if you know what I mean.

The manufacturer has stated that he plans to make a much nicer version in the future and he is taking note on some of the complaints with the first version. I wouldn't sweat saving up pennies too fast knowing the above information. I'm going to be waiting for future revisions before I drop any coin on them.

I've also heard that a version for AK47 may be in the works.

For more info check out this thread: SSAR-15 slide fire solutions stock review. - Page 1 - AR15.COM
    The poster SFS is the manufacturer, IIRC he is a retired vet with a family to feed. He is designing these for other guns and making future versions as time allows him to do so.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Just posted a ton of videos of today's outing with this. It works just as shown. It is ugly, but effective. I emailed the company about .22 usage and they said it will work just have to be easier on the counter-pressure. I plan on getting an M&P 15-22 to use with it and probably building a 9mm for it as well.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Top Bottom