How many people went to high school reunions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I'm wondering if the whole high school reunion thing will eventually be a thing of the past. With FB and social media I bet most people already have communication with those they want and can get the dirt on the rest. I've never been and won't ever either. I always just figured it was a way to see who got fat, ugly, successful, popped out a bunch of kids, etc. I didn't like a whole lot of those kids then and from my experience the "type" of kid I didn't like back then are still kids today. Maybe twenty years has changed them... Careers and families and all, but the repressed d-bag in them will likely spill out when they reunite with their old d-bag buddies.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I just went to my 35th, the first that I have ever attended. I'm glad I went, it was nice to see everybody and get a little caught up. I'm not very outgoing and wasn't sure how many people I would actually remember, so I wasn't really that crazy about going. It wasn't that big a deal in the end, just one night reminiscing.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Nope, not one. Anybody I want to keep in contact with, I do and there's only a couple left. The rest, I don't care. Don't even get invites anymore, really breaks my heart. Last year would have been 35.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Just went to my 45th last nite and had a good time. I wasn't planning on going but in the end I'm glad I did.

45 is something worth celebrating! If I'm still here in another 25 years, I might consider going.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Tonight is my wife's 20 year high school reunion. We're going, although I'm fairly indifferent to it. My 20 year reunion is in September and I'm NOT going. We didn't go to either mine nor her 10 year reunions.

With (or without) facebook, I don't really see the point.

Ben Davis?

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I have not been to one and it has been 50 years. The first few were d**k measuring contests.
    High School graduation was not the last thing I accomplished in my life.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I went to my 5th and (I think) my 20th. Both times it was mostly the "Chucks" (cheerleaders and jocks) that showed up. My 40th is coming up in 2018 but I doubt I'll go to that one. Like others have said, I already keep in touch with the friends I want to keep in touch with (not on Facebook though).

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I have no desire to see the people from that godforsaken place. I skipped my 10 year (they also had it the same weekend as some holiday, for some reason).

Maybe Ill go back for my 20th when all the ladies have gotten divorces from their current spouses and are available again.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I've been to my 10, and 20, which was last year. I even helped plan the 20. I really enjoy getting to see old friends from high school. I know high school is (or can be) an akward time for a lot of people and I even have friends who couldn't care less about going, but I enjoyed high school for the most part, and like being able to catch up with people I haven't seen in forever. I wasn't a popular kid, jock or what ever. If I had to be classified as anything I was a band nerd/geek ;)

My wife has also gone to all of her reunions. Of course she came from a much smaller school than I did so she was a lot closer with most of them back in the day. Hell I even like going to her reunions! ;)

Top Bottom