How much damage can the POtuS do in the next 60 days?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not sure about ancient history, but I've not heard of it.
    Most Presidents realize how hard the job was, and realize it would be harder to do with the previous guy pointing over their shoulder.
    So, they pass that on and stay out of the new guy's way.
    This guy probably never heard of helping anyone that wasn't helping him.

And if Trump leaves, and does it to the next President, I'm sure Hollywood will scream bloody murder.

bush actually worked WITH Obama to get programs started. what a disgrace we are seeing now

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    bush actually worked WITH Obama to get programs started. what a disgrace we are seeing now

Well you know, people will consider that is what President Obama was "owed", because of his liberal policies.
    But, because he is replaced with a "Republican" he doesn't owe the same due.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    [video=youtube;Rte5HSkk2rI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rte5HSkk2rI[/video]
    - "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"
    - botched ACA rollout
    - the ACA's architect saying on camera that the American people are too stupid to understand complex topics and so they should be lied to
    - Operation Fast & Furious
    - Benghazi was about a video
    - Solyndra's failure with a loss for tax payer funding
    - IRS targeting scandal
    - Secret Service conduct abroad
    - "Red Line" in Syria
    - Green energy failures costing the tax payer $2.2 billion
    - His Secretary of State jeopardizing national security by running her own server, and not understanding how classified information was designated
    - Releasing six high ranking terrorists for an alleged deserter without Congressional input
    - bombing Libya without seeking Congressional approval or declaring war
    - his VP telling people to break the law by discharging firearms in the air when they feel threatened at home
    - the PRISM program to spy on citizens domestically
    - being caught spying on our allies
    - setting the legal framework for the extrajudicial assassination of American citizens
    - authorizing laws allowing for the indefinite detention of American citizens
    - sweeping expansion of the drone program
    - being caught on camera conspiring with the Russian leader to hold off on decisions until after the election so he could be more flexible

Of course my favorite claim is when some people use the line "Obama's Administration had no scandals, and no mistresses"..... y'know like JFK and Bill Clinton those well known Republicans

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    - "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor"
    - botched ACA rollout
    - the ACA's architect saying on camera that the American people are too stupid to understand complex topics and so they should be lied to
    - Operation Fast & Furious
    - Benghazi was about a video
    - Solyndra's failure with a loss for tax payer funding
    - IRS targeting scandal
    - Secret Service conduct abroad
    - "Red Line" in Syria
    - Green energy failures costing the tax payer $2.2 billion
    - His Secretary of State jeopardizing national security by running her own server, and not understanding how classified information was designated
    - Releasing six high ranking terrorists for an alleged deserter without Congressional in put
    - bombing Libya without seeking Congressional approval or declaring war
    - his VP telling people to break the law by discharging firearms in the air when they feel threatened at home
    - the PRISM program to spy on citizens domestically
    - being caught spying on our allies
    - setting the legal framework for the extrajudicial assassination of American citizens
    - authorizing laws allowing for the indefinite detention of American citizens
    - sweeping expansion of the drone program
    - being caught on camera conspiring with the Russian leader to hold off on decisions until after the election so he could be more flexible

Of course my favorite claim is when some people use the line "Obama's Administration had no scandals, and no mistresses"..... y'know like JFK and Bill Clinton those well known Republicans

There is so much more that could be added to this list.

Mistresses.....who in the world would want to let the skinny little man go there....:dunno:.....JMHO of course.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    There is so much more that could be added to this list.

Mistresses.....who in the world would want to let the skinny little man go there....:dunno:.....JMHO of course.
    There is indeed, but I was on a time limit between tasks :D Otherwise I would have remembered the promise of no boots on the ground in Syria, followed by reports of US Special Forces involvement on the ground.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "AND"................I am sure this will be used to advance the agenda as they see fit.
    Once they get a foot in the door here they come.

Probably (I hope) the Trump administration would reverse this. If it was enacted by executive order, surely it can be undone by the same.

There is the real danger in this, mental illness is far too subjective to hang a constitutional right upon

Definition. By Mayo Clinic Staff. Mental illness refers to a wide range of mentalhealth conditions — disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors.Oct 13, 2015

Depression, anxiety, aren't smoking and drinking addictive behaviors? Something like this in the hands of people whose agenda is to eliminate access to firearms wherever possible is incredibly arbitrary and dangerous

At what firearm and/or ammunition count can we declare that someone has a hoarding disorder or some other mental health issue

And please recall that not so long ago things like homosexuality were considered mental disorders according to the Daignostic and Statistical Manual

Would it concern you at all to know that the NiMH disagrees strongly with the DSM-5?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/side-effects/201305/the-nimh-withdraws-support-dsm-5

What irritates me about it is the assumption that these are indicators that a person can't be trusted with a firearm. Schizophrenia, maybe. The others? Well, some people may have a higher likelihood than others to be violent. Maybe some disorders could be shown to have a higher likelihood than others, but is merely a higher likelihood enough to disenfranchise them from a right?

I still think a court should have to declare a person as not a "proper person". Inventing classes of people where the default is that they have no right, is inappropriate.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Creating his own little Cuban Missle Crisis. What a legacy.

That's an incredible amount of hyperbole. Surely you don't think we're that close to midnight?

Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

Well while the youngsters can't read an analog clock I can still tell time. Obama hasn't done much to make us or the world safer from Nukes and has left a few rogue actors that he can't control. While not mutual destruction of the entire world I would not be shocked if more than one nuclear bomb went off in the next decade. Obama won't serve it up but he certainly helped set the table.

Russia - I'm not too worried, I am sure Putin laughs every time Obama rattles his saber (butter knife).

Korea - if they could figure out how to launch a missile and hit a target I think they would. Their babysitter China may keep Korea on a short leash but Kim can be a disobedient child.

Iran - is in it for the long game with a set goal to destroy Israel. When they squirrel away what they think is enough warheads look out.

Israel - after eight years of being pooped on by Obama, the recent UN vote and Iran getting permission to build their "civilian" nuclear program their may come a time when they deem it is time to make a giant glass figurine in the sandbox.

ISIS or the terrorist group of the month - if they get a suitcase bomb it is game on for them. They will skip from being the junior varsity straight to the Pros. Who do you shoot back at?

doomsday-clock-700x525.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm suspect you may be accurate Kitty. The only good news which can be gleaned from these potential catastrophes is that they will likely result in significant hardships here in the good old USofA. Nothing serves up a good old smack in the face like going hungry for a few days, hopefully it'll set the liberal agenda back a few decades and we (as a country) can get back to reality for awhile.

Top Bottom