• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    While I am pretty much satisfied with my choice, my husband is still searching and is very picky but doesn't have as much time on his hands as I do, so I would like some advice. He'd love a Kimber but is ready to spend that kind of money, I keep hearing about M1911's but is there more information on it?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    well this is pretty vague..
    in order for me to voice my openion i would encourage you to give us a little more information,,
    how big is he, does he lean more towards full size pistols?
    or is he the type that would carre a BIG gun that looks cool?
    is he going to carry this daily? or will it spend alot of time between the truck seats?

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Sorry, I meant to edit my post. He's wanting something compact but between a 9mm and a .45 if possible. The one I am interested in is probably to light for him, but he hasn't tried it yet so we will have to see. He is going to be carrying daily, I believe he will be using a shoulder holster if that helps. He is around 207 lbs, 5'11 ft tall again if that helps. I will say, he is not interested in a Glock (don't ask). I am going through Smith&Wessons, Springfields, etc... I forgot any other details asked, but I will research what guns are listed here and show him. Hopefully a few of the gun stores around here have most of them that he can go and actually handle, maybe test fire if possible.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Well if your talking about a Kimber 1911 specifically, there are many models to chose from. Just pick his/your favorite and go with it. Kimber is a great/reputable brand. And did you mean he isn't ready to spend the money on it? If thats the case and he want 1911 then you could go with a springfield armory 1911A1 which is great quality minus all the fancy upgrades but it is priced right. If a 1911 doesn't matter then look into glocks or springfield armory xdm's

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Well if your talking about a Kimber 1911 specifically, there are many models to chose from. Just pick his/your favorite and go with it. Kimber is a great/reputable brand. And did you mean he isn't ready to spend the money on it? If thats the case and he want 1911 then you could go with a springfield armory 1911A1 which is great quality minus all the fancy upgrades but it is priced right. If a 1911 doesn't matter then look into glocks or springfield armory xdm's

I will definitely check out the Springfield Armory 1911A1, yeah we don't feel that it is time to spend that kind of cash (yet) though he is definitely wanting one someday.

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    Sorry, I meant to edit my post. He's wanting something compact but between a 9mm and a .45 if possible. The one I am interested in is probably to light for him, but he hasn't tried it yet so we will have to see. He is going to be carrying daily, I believe he will be using a shoulder holster if that helps. He is around 207 lbs, 5'11 ft tall again if that helps. I will say, he is not interested in a Glock (don't ask). I am going through Smith&Wessons, Springfields, etc... I forgot any other details asked, but I will research what guns are listed here and show him. Hopefully a few of the gun stores around here have most of them that he can go and actually handle, maybe test fire if possible.

I think you meant to put this in purple font :D I fixed it for you!! :thumbsup:

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    Eh, it's all about personal preference. I don't hate on people for not liking glocks. But the 1500 is coming up. Great place to handle a boat load of different guns. Help narrow down the search a bit. Or widen it up, depends hahaha

Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Eh, it's all about personal preference. I don't hate on people for not liking glocks. But the 1500 is coming up. Great place to handle a boat load of different guns. Help narrow down the search a bit. Or widen it up, depends hahaha

I definitely don't plan on sticking to one brand or model, but at this moment my target is set. Glocks are definitely a good looking choice of gun, so maybe as a second or 3rd handgun. :)

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    SW M&P9c...

Buy full size 17 round magazines & the X-grip extensions. This will give you the capacity of full size magazines & the full size grip but a compact size if carrying daily. Also give you the option to run the regular 12 round compact magazines with the pinky extension for better concealment.

I love my M&P9c. I've put at least 500 rounds through it without any issues.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    What type of price range are you looking to stay in / under?

Besides the Springfields, I've seen Remington models (I cannot say much about them, only that they exist) for <$600. Also, if he likes the 1911 grip, Springfield also makes the XD pistols that may fit his hand well (although they may be a little too much like a Glock for his tastes.)

His size may make the difference, but I've always found short to mid-length barrels (like a 1911 Commander or the S&W M&P you linked to) more comfortable and easier to conceal than full-size autos when wearing a shoulder holster. HMMV

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    The M&P is a great gun. I love mine. It has different grips for different hand sizes. It also shoot very accurately. If he is looking for something smaller, I just bought a Ruger LC9. Awesome little pocket gun. But for full size, he can't go wrong with the M&P.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    You say that he wants something like a 1911, yet easy to carry. You also say that it should be between a 9mm, and 45 ACP. I think the perfect carry gun for your husband would be the M&P40 Pro Series. It has the same grip angle of the 1911 and the .40 S&W cartridge has the power of a .45 ACP and nearly the capacity of the 9mm.

M&P40 Pro Series:
    Capacity: 15+1 Rounds
    Barrel Length: 4.25"
    Sights: Trijicon Tritium Night Sights
    Weight: 24 oz

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...75658_757896_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

This is what I carry most often:

mpblackcoat.jpg

And this is what it can do:
    mp40at15yards1243.jpg

mp40at15yards1407.jpg

mp40at15yards1583.jpg

I bought my M&P40 Pro Series for $550 from Granger Guns... Not a bad price for such a super-shooter.

Top Bottom