• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I will echo, two things, I LIKE S&W, and the M&P line.... will be my next major purchase... and if you can make the trip, the 1500, is at the State Fairgrounds, this Fri., Sat., and Sun. .....

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    1911's are very reliable weapons that have been in use for decades. They are highly acclaimed for their accuracy and comfort, and would an applicable home defense pistol. There are just a few drawbacks to the 1911; one of them being ammo capacity. Standard 1911 magazines usually hold somewhere between 7 and 8 rounds. It's not bad, but given the possibility that you ever need to rely on your weapon to save your life, there are other .45 firearms which I would recommend before the 1911, simply because of their increased magazine capacity. Some firearms worth checking out are the HK USP .45, Springfield XD45, and the Sig P220. All of these are outstanding weapons with average ammo capacities from 10 - 12 rounds.

This link gives a brief background of the 1911 if your interested

The History of the 1911 Pistol - Browning Article

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You know, there is a lot to be said for you and hubby picking the same gun platform. Similar guns mean similar controls, mags, bullets, holsters, etc. The same would go for familiarity of use between users. Shopping for equipment and ammo...
    ...well, you see where I'm going here.
    There are lots of scenarios where this would be good and none where it would be bad.

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    You know, there is a lot to be said for you and hubby picking the same gun platform. Similar guns mean similar controls, mags, bullets, holsters, etc. The same would go for familiarity of use between users. Shopping for equipment and ammo...
    ...well, you see where I'm going here.
    There are lots of scenarios where this would be good and none where it would be bad.

Very true, he hasn't made up his mind yet so he might end up going with a .40 caliber. We were only at one store last night and they didn't have a huge variety. We won't be able to make it to the 1500 this year, h*ll people have been inviting us to the Las Vegas Gun Show for 2 years now, even the guy at the Red Ghost Gun Shop asked if we were going. We'd love to, but right now production is too crazy to leave the shop for a few days. I am hoping we can go to Strictly and use their indoor range to test out mine, maybe he'll see something there.

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Update: We headed into Rajo's for him to look at a Smith & Wesson M&P40c, he didn't care for it but while holding a glock (again he didn't care for it) he noticed the Sig Sauer P238, got curious and held it - fell in love immediately:dunno: and I didn't quite feel it at all. My pinky couldn't rest on anything as the handle was way too short, and I feel comfortable knowing I have grip on something that goes bang. But, he loves it because it is a major CC, eh I was hoping something a little manlier but I guess a 207 lb man doesn't need a whole lot of bang for protection.:rolleyes: I am just happy he's happy and I cannot wait to shoot mine!!!!

Top Bottom