• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    If you have posted in the discussion look at your post history. My history for that post is gone. I noticed my post count was lower but didn't think much of it until this post so I looked at my history. Hmmm, now I will never get 50 quality posts.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    What was the smoking thread?

Brief recap--
    someone worked at a place that ppl smoked in even tho there's a county ban on smoking . He whined to the owner about it and bragged here.
    Yadda yadda one guy stated he hated smoking so much he wanted to shoot at ppl who smoked right outside the door....
    Lots of comedy lots of name calling...
    Thats about it

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    one guy stated he hated smoking so much he wanted to shoot at ppl who smoked right outside the door....

number-four.gif
    cereal.gif
    ???

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    It was my post and was far from bragging about anything. It got kind of out of hand and I think that is why the mods closed it.

And for the record the rules changed at work as of this morning. We are now a smoke free business in accordance with the county law. The smokers should thank me, they now get two additional 10 min. breaks throuout the day.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    It was my understanding that the Mods decided to not close threads anymore. They were just going to infract people who could not behave in a civil manner. If I'm not mistaken, this was the decision after that big INGO Town Hall meeting about the LEO bashing. However, it seems that threads are disappearing left and right around here lately. There was even a member who got banned and their entire profile was wiped. I don't know whats going on.

On a side note... what was the reasoning for deleting the smoking thread, but the "Unions turning to violence" in Carry Issues has been going for months with more accusations and fighting than the smoking thread could have ever had?

:dunno:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I closed the thread. I posted in it that it was temporary, pending review, but then I moved it off the main board to do so, so no one saw my post.

Of course, as things would happen, I then got busy and haven't gotten back to it to do the review.

There WAS an in-thread warning. The attitudes improved, briefly, then degenerated again.

I'll see if I can get to that today.

Blessings,
    Bill

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    It was my post and was far from bragging about anything. It got kind of out of hand and I think that is why the mods closed it.

And for the record the rules changed at work as of this morning. We are now a smoke free business in accordance with the county law. The smokers should thank me, they now get two additional 10 min. breaks throuout the day.

So what about you people that dont smoke? Do you get these 10 minute breaks too?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    So what about you people that dont smoke? Do you get these 10 minute breaks too?

Why not? It must be fair so everybody winds. That is except the business owner, who now loses production man hours for every break.

Simple math: 12 employees X 10 minutes= 120 minutes of lost time.
    Avg that at $12 per hour with two breaks per 8 hr shift and owner just lost $48 per day.

Not to restart any arguements but the "law" just made the business less profitable

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    However, it seems that threads are disappearing left and right around here lately.

No, they aren't. You're inventing that to support your point, but it's false. We are still issuing warnings and leaving threads open just as we said we would. Occasionally, as in this case, threads get closed pending review because we have jobs and lives, too, and can't spend 24 hours a day babysitting.

There was even a member who got banned and their entire profile was wiped. I don't know whats going on.
    Then why don't you just ask instead of making accusations and fostering rumor? I haven't seen a single post or a single PM just asking. I've seen lots of posts implying that the staff is acting capriciously, though.

The person who got banned was yet another incarnation of Armed Eastsider, a previously-banned member, and one who is no longer welcome on INGO. Just like a streaker at a ball game, the camera turns away so that the behavior is not encouraged. All of his posts were burned and the account was removed. Returning offenders will not be allowed to point back and say "Hey, guys, look what I did! I got in again and check out the **** I stirred up before they caught me!" Rest assured that the posts are archived for the investigation, however.

Top Bottom