• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    Why not? It must be fair so everybody winds. That is except the business owner, who now loses production man hours for every break.

Simple math: 12 employees X 10 minutes= 120 minutes of lost time.
    Avg that at $12 per hour with two breaks per 8 hr shift and owner just lost $48 per day.

Not to restart any arguements but the "law" just made the business less profitable

Ad your probably at work on the clock right now wasting company time to do the simple math and try to make a point on an Internet forum. So whats the difference? Not that I'm any different, because I'm doing the same thing. Lol

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ad your probably at work on the clock right now wasting company time to do the simple math and try to make a point on an Internet forum. So whats the difference? Not that I'm any different, because I'm doing the same thing. Lol

Nope, truck driver on a 10hr break. Can't drive and post. That's dangerous.
    But, I can smoke :):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    And for the record the rules changed at work as of this morning. We are now a smoke free business in accordance with the county law.......

Yeah! The threat of government negative action on the private business wins again. :rockwoot:

It's Fantastic. You know what we need?
    More taxes to further grow the government so it can have more control over our daily lives.
    Look out McDonalds - you make people fat.

.........the "law" just made the business less profitable

Yep. You don't start a business just to give someone a job, sorry to break it to you, but it is the truth.
    Businesses need to make a profit. This just cost the employer $$.
    That corporation is a person not some nameless entity.
    "well, it's just a little more time.... he can afford it."
    That all impacts the bottom line.... there might be some cost cutting measures in the future.
    A big cost cutting measure is layoffs or firings. :twocents:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    No, they aren't. You're inventing that to support your point, but it's false. We are still issuing warnings and leaving threads open just as we said we would.

Where is the thread that got public servant banned? It is mysteriously gone. I'm not inventing things.

Occasionally, as in this case, threads get closed pending review because we have jobs and lives, too, and can't spend 24 hours a day babysitting.

Understood. Bill explained that after I had posted. It doesn't change the fact that the thread disappeared. Bill explained that it will reappear after it is reviewed.

Then why don't you just ask instead of making accusations and fostering rumor? I haven't seen a single post or a single PM just asking. I've seen lots of posts implying that the staff is acting capriciously, though.

Lots of posts implying the staff is acting capriciously? I haven't seen much of that going on lately. Possibly in some of the forums that I don't frequent? I'm not going to go as far as saying that you are fostering rumor, because that would just be rude. I just haven't seen it.

The person who got banned was yet another incarnation of Armed Eastsider, a previously-banned member, and one who is no longer welcome on INGO. Just like a streaker at a ball game, the camera turns away so that the behavior is not encouraged. All of his posts were burned and the account was removed. Returning offenders will not be allowed to point back and say "Hey, guys, look what I did! I got in again and check out the **** I stirred up before they caught me!" Rest assured that the posts are archived for the investigation, however.

I never said that he didn't deserve it. It was pretty obvious he was a troll. It was just another drop in the bucket that further reinforced my point that things are being deleted. It isn't rumor, and I'm not making things up.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Where is the thread that got public servant banned? It is mysteriously gone. I'm not inventing things.

His thread was a direct call out to another member, trolling.
    Another example is the thread against Mosinowner. It was burned, again a direct call out.
    The purpose of those threads was to cast dispersions on someone else, the thread served no other purpose.
    I understood the point that public servant was trying to make, but it didn't come across in accordance with the site rules.

Understood. Bill explained that after I had posted. It doesn't change the fact that the thread disappeared. Bill explained that it will reappear after it is reviewed.

The thread that billyboyr6 started was not against the site rules.
    Whatever his opinion are, and if we do or do not agree with his opinion, it is not against the site rules.
    As Bill explained, it needs weeding.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    It was my post and was far from bragging about anything. It got kind of out of hand and I think that is why the mods closed it.

And for the record the rules changed at work as of this morning. We are now a smoke free business in accordance with the county law. The smokers should thank me, they now get two additional 10 min. breaks throuout the day.

be very happy that i am holding my words, otherwise i might get banned

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    At least leave post #245 up. There was an ongoing bidding war for ownership. Last I saw, we were looking at a rack of Weizen bier and I was going to thrown in a carton of bare butt Lucky's. :D

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    His thread was a direct call out to another member, blatant trolling.
    Another example is the thread against Mosinowner. It was burned, again a direct call out.
    The purpose of those threads was to cast dispersions on someone else, the thread served no other purpose.

The thread that billyboyr6 was not against the site rules.
    Whatever his opinion is and if we do or do not agree with his opinion, it is not against the site rules.

Thanks printcraft. That was my understanding as well. However, my original point was that there have been at least 2 entire threads as well as a complete user profile that have been deleted from the site recently. It was a statement of fact. I never commented on whether it was right or wrong. Just stating that it seemed to conflict with the site policy. But I was accused of inventing things to prove my point and starting rumors.

I appreciate Bill's response explaining that it was a temporary removal pending investigation. I get that. But unless you have Mod access, you wouldn't have known that, and it seemed to back up a trend that I had been seeing lately. Obviously I was wrong about the smoking thread.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks printcraft. That was my understanding as well. However, my original point was that there have been at least 2 entire threads as well as a complete user profile that have been deleted from the site recently. It was a statement of fact. I never commented on whether it was right or wrong. Just stating that it seemed to conflict with the site policy. But I was accused of inventing things to prove my point and starting rumors.

You said:
    However, it seems that threads are disappearing left and right around here lately
    Two threads that are in direct violation of the site rules does not constitute "threads...disappearing left and right". Again, all you have to do is ask. We've tried to be very open about thread removal and the reasons for a member being banned.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    You said:
    Two threads that are in direct violation of the site rules does not constitute "threads...disappearing left and right". Again, all you have to do is ask. We've tried to be very open about thread removal and the reasons for a member being banned.

Sorry, I exaggerated. I apologize. I should have said that threads are disappearing more frequently lately. That would have been more accurate.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    OK, where's my :popcorn:

interwebz.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Brief recap--
    someone worked at a place that ppl smoked in even tho there's a county ban on smoking . He whined to the owner about it and bragged here.
    Yadda yadda one guy stated he hated smoking so much he wanted to shoot at ppl who smoked right outside the door....
    Lots of comedy lots of name calling...
    Thats about it

Oh yea! I remember that thread...it got out of hand...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    At least leave post #245 up. There was an ongoing bidding war for ownership. Last I saw, we were looking at a rack of Weizen bier and I was going to thrown in a carton of bare butt Lucky's. :D

That post and the discussion of it was not in jeopardy, fear not.

I appreciate Bill's response explaining that it was a temporary removal pending investigation. I get that. But unless you have Mod access, you wouldn't have known that, and it seemed to back up a trend that I had been seeing lately. Obviously I was wrong about the smoking thread.

And yes, you're right, without being able to see the thread, the note I wrote wouldn't be seen either. I suppose I could have moved the whole thread, with the exception of the OP and my note, but my time was limited at that point. My apologies to all involved.

Blessings,
    Bill

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Brief recap--
    someone worked at a place that ppl smoked in even tho there's a county ban on smoking . He whined to the owner about it and bragged here.
    Yadda yadda one guy stated he hated smoking so much he wanted to shoot at ppl who smoked right outside the door....
    Lots of comedy lots of name calling...
    Thats about it

That's the thread! Dang it, I was watching that one too.
    I'll have to agree about the whining and bragging.

It appears that by removing the thread we have done INGO and Indiana gun owners a favor by hiding the bad actors from public perception problems. However, I'd really like to know who the member was who wanted to shoot smokers.

Top Bottom