• ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    :ugh:
    I ordered an FNS-9c. Picked it up yesterday and put 5 mags through it last night and 5 more tonight. 2 failure to feeds and 3 failure to ejects, and I traded it for a Glock 19. I only had time to put 3 mags through it, but no failures! I know I will never like it as much as my Hi-Powers or some other pistols I have, but looks like it will definitely get a lot of carry time.

Welcome to the modern world.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Where's the ruger love.
    I love both my Super Blackhawks, my GP100, my Mk II, MK III and the old 10/22

Longtime G19 EDC and fan here, multiple generations for me and nothing but love. Congrats OP, sad to hear the FNS9C was crap though, I usually think highly of FNH.
    Thanks for all the congrats!
    I'm sure the FNS-9c is a great pistol. I just got a bad one. It happens.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Where's the ruger love.

ALL of my revolvers are Ruger's...SP's...GP's...SRH's...all are accurate...rugged...reliable...all a result of Ruger engineering...AND, I have a Ruger P93 DAO (that I picked-up still NIB over the holidays...OMG it's amazing!) and a Ruger P97 DAO...both are absolutely fantastic shooters as well! My wife held an SR9c a week ago...me thinks she might be wanting one...we'll see?
    Lovin' my Rugers !!! :rockwoot:

My EDC is a Glock 36 in .45 acp...it's wonderfully accurate and easy to shoot! But Ruger's ROCK too!

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    :ugh:
    I ordered an FNS-9c. Picked it up yesterday and put 5 mags through it last night and 5 more tonight. 2 failure to feeds and 3 failure to ejects, and I traded it for a Glock 19. I only had time to put 3 mags through it, but no failures! I know I will never like it as much as my Hi-Powers or some other pistols I have, but looks like it will definitely get a lot of carry time.

That's how I felt when I bought my Glock 19. The bottom line: They are not pretty, there are no bells or whistles, but they work. Every time. When you boil it down to whether you would bet your life on it, Glocks are hard to beat. They are boringly reliable, and they can take a beating. They eat all kinds of ammo. They are incredibly simple to take down and maintain. They require just a few drops of lubricant.

Yeah, their sights suck, but they work. The triggers aren't great, but they work. There are a million options for holsters, too.

It didn't take long for my 19 to multiply into a 17, 42, 43, and 20. I did sell the 17 because it was 95% the same as the 19.

My Glock 19 is not my favorite gun. But it is the one guarding me and my family. (My new Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical is the favorite, if you were wondering.)

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Not a Glock fandboi but I have nothing against any gun that is reliable, can take a beating, and because of the polymer technology, absorbs a lot of the punishment before it gets to you hand. I have one Glock just because.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Yes, they are on the fat side, but you get used to it. When I compare my Glock 23 to my GI style 1911, they are actually the same thickness in the grip. The Glock stays thick in the slide where as the 1911 is much thinner in the slide. I like pistols to be on the thin side, but I got used to the thickness of the Glock. They are simple, effective tools. If you appreciate simple effective tools, you'll come to love the G19.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Glock 19's are like a good AR15, everybody needs one even if you don't shoot it that often.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    A couple of months ago, I picked up a Glock42. Big mistake. A jam-o-matic if there ever was one. Just traded in for a CZ Rami.

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    So new to this site that the model numbers make no sense to me. 17, 19, 26 etc are just numbers to me, but if I ever get a Glock I will read up on their numbering system first. But as far as buying one and using it, I think it is like all the other guns out there, if it feels good in the hand and shoots good then go get one.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If I understand correctly:

1) you ordered a POS pistol
    2) you experienced the expected failures
    3) you traded it for a slightly less POS pistol
    4) the slightly less POS performed better
    5) you miss your non-POS pistols and recognize that you won't ever approximate the joy of non-POS pistols while carrying POS.
    6) you're planning on "carrying it a lot" because you know that there is no joy in actually shooting it.

Did I capture it???

For the record, the FNH FNS-9c is NOT a POS. No way. No how. Nada.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom