• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    So new to this site that the model numbers make no sense to me. 17, 19, 26 etc are just numbers to me, but if I ever get a Glock I will read up on their numbering system first. But as far as buying one and using it, I think it is like all the other guns out there, if it feels good in the hand and shoots good then go get one.

Sometimes you need a decoder ring. :)

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Not a Glock fandboi but I have nothing against any gun that is reliable, can take a beating, and because of the polymer technology, absorbs a lot of the punishment before it gets to you hand. I have one Glock just because.

That's how I felt when I bought my Glock 19. The bottom line: They are not pretty, there are no bells or whistles, but they work. Every time. When you boil it down to whether you would bet your life on it, Glocks are hard to beat. They are boringly reliable, and they can take a beating. They eat all kinds of ammo. They are incredibly simple to take down and maintain. They require just a few drops of lubricant.

Yeah, their sights suck, but they work. The triggers aren't great, but they work. There are a million options for holsters, too.

It didn't take long for my 19 to multiply into a 17, 42, 43, and 20. I did sell the 17 because it was 95% the same as the 19.

My Glock 19 is not my favorite gun. But it is the one guarding me and my family. (My new Wilson Combat Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical is the favorite, if you were wondering.)

Oh, I get it!!! You mean reliable like this...

VP9 / Glock 19 / Shield 9 Review

Perfection can be so much fun. :D

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Oh, I get it!!! You mean reliable like this...

VP9 / Glock 19 / Shield 9 Review

Perfection can be so much fun. :D

The British Military, US Special Forces, and many other militaries and sp. ops forces seem to think Glocks are just fine, not to mention they have the greatest share of the law enforcement market. I've seen a Glock 19 fire under water. Mine has been wet. I've never had a problem with it. I'd be happy to do the same test with mine right now, and I'd bet on it working flawlessly.

Plenty of good choices out there if you don't like them.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The British Military, US Special Forces, and many other militaries and sp. ops forces seem to think Glocks are just fine, not to mention they have the greatest share of the law enforcement market. I've seen a Glock 19 fire under water. Mine has been wet. I've never had a problem with it. I'd be happy to do the same test with mine right now, and I'd bet on it working flawlessly.

Plenty of good choices out there if you don't like them.
    Haters gonna hate..........oh well, more Glocks for the rest of us.:)

Jabberwocky

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Muncie
    It didn't take long for my 19 to multiply into a 17, 42, 43, and 20. I did sell the 17 because it was 95% the same as the 19.
    I am considering a 9mm Glock. In Glocks All I have ATM is a 42 and a 41. Can I ask why you prefer the 19 over the 17? I'm not looking for the perfect CCW (found that in the Glock 42) So size isn't a primary factor to me.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I am considering a 9mm Glock. In Glocks All I have ATM is a 42 and a 41. Can I ask why you prefer the 19 over the 17? I'm not looking for the perfect CCW (found that in the Glock 42) So size isn't a primary factor to me.
    19 is the perfect compromise between capacity and concealability.

hondaCBR

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Indiana
    I too will be giving Glock a try. After renting a 19, it didn't feel great but it fit me. I thought the very audible click of each trigger pull was terrible... But then I saw the target. I am able to shoot it quite well. 4 bulls eyes at 30ft out of ten rounds. I'm willing to buy it to try it. they hold their value to sell

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Haters gonna hate..........oh well, more Glocks for the rest of us.:)

No hate here. Just making sure that folks don't choke on their fruit-flavored, powdered drink mix of choice. Carry on worshiping at the polymer alter of Gaston to your heart's content. Besides, that leaves fewer Glocks for the rest of us. :D

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    No hate here. Just making sure that folks don't choke on their fruit-flavored, powdered drink mix of choice. Carry on worshiping at the polymer alter of Gaston to your heart's content. Besides, that leaves fewer Glocks for the rest of us. :D
    If you don't like them, troll elsewhere. Go start a Hi-Point thread already.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I too will be giving Glock a try. After renting a 19, it didn't feel great but it fit me. I thought the very audible click of each trigger pull was terrible... But then I saw the target. I am able to shoot it quite well. 4 bulls eyes at 30ft out of ten rounds. I'm willing to buy it to try it. they hold their value to sell

Welcome to INGO.
    All you can do is find what feels good, shoots good, meets your needs and fits within your budget. Glock does that for a lot of people. They aren't pretty guns, but they are more reliable than most. Find what fits you.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Everybody's different and everybody likes what they like. My tastes tend to prefer 1911s, CZs and Glocks in that order. I've tried other stuff and don't care for them as much as my top three likes. My Glock collection used to be larger, but I'm more focused on 1911s right now and sacrificed a couple of nice guns to further that pursuit. What makes a gun qualify as a POS to me is shoddy manufacture, unreliability after break in and poor accuracy in regards to the guns intent. The Glock has none of those issues. The manufacture of a Glock is simple, but well executed. My Exo finish G19 that would not get through a mag without a hiccup was fine once broken in and never missed a beat after 150 rounds. All of them have been combat accurate and my G23 is one gun that I shoot very well. Well enough that it sometimes pushes a 1911 out of the holster if I'm not shooting the 1911 platform as well as normal.

My point is simply that it's wrong to call something a POS just because you don't like it. Guns are tools and if they inspire any emotion, it should be happiness with what works for you. Let the liberals own hatred. They are very good at hating. Gun nuts like us should appreciate anything designed to shoot. We may not love a design, but the fact that it's a gun should make us at least appreciate it for what it attempts to bring us.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Winner-winner-Chicken Dinner....

Yes, they are on the fat side, but you get used to it. When I compare my Glock 23 to my GI style 1911, they are actually the same thickness in the grip. The Glock stays thick in the slide where as the 1911 is much thinner in the slide. I like pistols to be on the thin side, but I got used to the thickness of the Glock. They are simple, effective tools. If you appreciate simple effective tools, you'll come to love the G19.

" They are simple, effective tools. If you appreciate simple effective tools, you'll come to love the G19."

^^^
    THIS quote for fact...I have more than a few "Purdy" quality handguns=S&W, Colt, Springfield, CZ,..You know the drill...

The "Tool" that I carry seems to always be a Glock. Usually a G-19 or a G-26. This is because they WORK, have a good capacity of rounds, accept larger back up mags., and just overall are right for the job.

For ME--The job of an EDC is to be there (On your person) to protect yourself, and if needed, others around you. The Glocks do this well, not as pretty as some others, but to do the job 100% if needed...Bill.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Has anybody done any grip mods? I was watching some youtube videos, and was thinking about using heat to shrink the big hump in the back, grind off the finger notches in the front, smooth it up and apply rubberized Talon tape. And has anyone ever removed the little safety thing in the trigger?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    And has anyone ever removed the little safety thing in the trigger?

No because is a horrible idea. I bought my first Glock in 1996 and have tens of thousands, if not over a hundred through them and that trigger safety has never come close to causing an issue. It is there for a very good reason.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Never say never! I didn't want anything to do with ugly Glocks for a long time. Glick won me over with its simplicity of maintenance, reliability, light weight for carry, along with firepower.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My 19 showed up today. Bought my first Glock 20 years ago, kind of hard to believe this is my first G19.

P1080224_zpsaccz5hie.jpg

Top Bottom