• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I too will be giving Glock a try. After renting a 19, it didn't feel great but it fit me. I thought the very audible click of each trigger pull was terrible... But then I saw the target. I am able to shoot it quite well. 4 bulls eyes at 30ft out of ten rounds. I'm willing to buy it to try it. they hold their value to sell

I believe that is the powder charge in the round burning. I call it a "bang". :p

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    You know the coolest thing about a Glock? They sell really fast! Almost as fast as putting 15 rounds down range. I learned something else today. Follow the rules in the classifieds or they will delete your add really fast. Almost as fast as a Glock sales!!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My 19 showed up today. Bought my first Glock 20 years ago, kind of hard to believe this is my first G19.

P1080224_zpsaccz5hie.jpg

Congrats on that slick 19! I finally changed to a gen 4 as well, most excellent glock.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    All guns don't fit all people.

No hate here. I want to believe. I have tried every Glock I could for the last 10 years trying to find one that worked for me. I assume that I just haven't had any luck because of how many people love them. Like most shooters, I have many friends who swear by Glocks.

My son, who has two of everything and lots of Glocks, just finished putting together a custom Glock with a vented slide in desert tan and every high end part available. It is the best looking Glock I have ever seen. He knows of my own personal search for a Glock.

He said I could borrow his new beauty after he got back from the range. Why did he have to take it to the range first? Because he has seen me jam every Glock I ever shot. He wanted to give his new baby a chance to shine before I knocked the pretty off it.

Guys, I shoot a lot with good people that feel very comfortable yelling at me about technique (cop friends). My best bud and shooting partner is my brother-in-law, X Seal Team One Lieutenant, who is more than good. After 60 years, I think my technique is pretty good at this point. I have a nice hold. I don't limp wrist. I don't jerk the trigger. I stay on the target for a follow up.

But at this point, I'm sure it's me. The same Glock in anybody else's hands does great. Hand it to me and it will stovepipe or FTF or hang in two mags. I have amazed dozens of Glock fans over the years. I don't want to amaze them; I want to find a Glock that feels good and shoots consistently. I got to tell ya that at this point I feel like Typhoid Mary.

I may look good and feel fine, but I can give a virus to a Glock in seconds.

Prescut

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

No hate here. I want to believe. I have tried every Glock I could for the last 10 years trying to find one that worked for me. I assume that I just haven't had any luck because of how many people love them. Like most shooters, I have many friends who swear by Glocks.

My son, who has two of everything and lots of Glocks, just finished putting together a custom Glock with a vented slide in desert tan and every high end part available. It is the best looking Glock I have ever seen. He knows of my own personal search for a Glock.

He said I could borrow his new beauty after he got back from the range. Why did he have to take it to the range first? Because he has seen me jam every Glock I ever shot. He wanted to give his new baby a chance to shine before I knocked the pretty off it.

Guys, I shoot a lot with good people that feel very comfortable yelling at me about technique (cop friends). My best bud and shooting partner is my brother-in-law, X Seal Team One Lieutenant, who is more than good. After 60 years, I think my technique is pretty good at this point. I have a nice hold. I don't limp wrist. I don't jerk the trigger. I stay on the target for a follow up.

But at this point, I'm sure it's me. The same Glock in anybody else's hands does great. Hand it to me and it will stovepipe or FTF or hang in two mags. I have amazed dozens of Glock fans over the years. I don't want to amaze them; I want to find a Glock that feels good and shoots consistently. I got to tell ya that at this point I feel like Typhoid Mary.

Prescut

I hear ya. I have a 1911. I want to love that gun and carry it. But I'm just not accurate with it unless it has really fat grips. When I carry with thick rubber Pachmayer finger groove grips, I do OK. When I switch to low profile VZ Grips, my accuracy suffers. I CAN shoot accurately, but not quickly or tactically.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

Prescut

Your words. Give up. No need to keep trying when there are so many other quality firearms out there. I have tried, and failed. Glocks are great firearms. Not a POS. But I just can't stand the way they feel in my hands. The FNS-9c felt better, but I got a bad one. I have a CZ 75 compact on the way. Maybe it will be what I'm looking for. Fortunately we live in a time with many options, and the freedom to carry. Peer pressure may be a problem for some, but I will carry what feels good, and shoots good. And until I find that "perfect fit" I will keep carrying my CM9. More in the mag would be great, but at this point, I have never needed one round, let alone 7. If I need 15...maybe I should have stayed home.:)

Top Bottom