Not open for further replies.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Dear OP,
    Please realize this is not an online only 'family'. Many people here have known each other for years and are real life friends. They shoot together, compete together, eat together, etc. There are quite a few LEO's here which is automatically a 'clique' all it's own. As in any other part of life, there are a few curmudgeons. We have a number of moderators who do a good job of policing the threads and handing out bans both temporary and permanent as needed. Also if there are people who truly just offend you all to pieces...BLOCK THEM. But don't quit. You really are only hurting yourself because this place is a great source of information and fun.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I agree, but that's life. Good luck in your search for a forum that isn't clique-ish. It's what people do. From kindergarten all the way through to the nursing homes.

I've only been a member on one other forum, and while it is a great place for info and knowledge, and I do miss it, I didn't mesh well there. Too big brother like. Tow the line and be tolerant of stuff I will never tolerate in my real life. I hate arrogance and a bully. Even if it comes from someone who can be nice (enough). Which is fine it's not mine to say, so I stay away. The people here are more suited to my personality anyway. Members here, while argumentative, are usually respectful of each other after words. The mods are also respectful and from my experience are helpful and polite without being degrading. Stick it out a bit more.

Yes I realize the hypocrisy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just eat some bacon.....you'll feel better....

It always makes me feel better. (unless I eat too much)

Eat too much bacon?

UN-possible!

Ask me how I know. Or, I'll just tell you: the truckstop on I-70 at Cloverdale? If you order the brunch buffet, they'll keep filling that warming pan with bacon. And filling. And filling. It's thick cut too. A little crispy, yet also chewy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    the cliques around here.
    So I've requested to relinquish my membership.
    I'll just go back to the occasional visit and my other interests.

Happy 2017!

1st....we do not relinquish/delete/eliminate memberships as most who do as you are come back. It is the truth.

2nd....You must realize that most of the membership here knows a lot of the other members. A lot of them. What appears to be clique behavior is most likely a group that is friends out in the real. If not actually friends they have been going back and forth for posts beyond count.

3rd....dont be a sissy....:): stick around.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Eat too much bacon?

UN-possible!

Ask me how I know. Or, I'll just tell you: the truckstop on I-70 at Cloverdale? If you order the brunch buffet, they'll keep filling that warming pan with bacon. And filling. And filling. It's thick cut too. A little crispy, yet also chewy.

oh ain't that the truth. That bacon is the BEST

To bad I only get to eat out there when we're camping.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The OP started a thread about meet&eats. He was responded to and I am sure was invited to an event. I will be at that same event.....:dunno:
    Not sure why folks get so touchy.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    *dabbing pen to tongue... and putting to paper*

...truck stop on I-70 at Cloverdale?... you say?...........

LOL - THIS is EXACTLY what I was just thinking...scary how bacon can bring people together... :bacondance:

oh ain't that the truth. That bacon is the BEST

To bad I only get to eat out there when we're camping.

Okay . . . okay . . . clearly we need a meet'n'eat at the truckstop on I-70 at Cloverdale! I cannot remember the name of the place (Cloverdale Travel Plaza?) or which brand of fuel they sell. I can only vouch for the bacon on the buffet. Not sure which days they have it, though. Must find out!

The OP started a thread about meet&eats. He was responded to and I am sure was invited to an event. I will be at that same event.....:dunno:
    Not sure why folks get so touchy.

You and the OP can come eat bacon with us too.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    A lot of good post so far encouraging the OP to stick around. I am proud of the INGO members for standing tall and not throwing out the "Well Bye" meme.

INGO was my first experience with a forum. I made a ton of mistakes in the beginning, thankfully I'm down to half a ton of mistakes on a regular basis.

I did have issues at first with a member here and there and their homies would jump in and pile on. It's just a part of life and it takes a better man to take the high road (a practice I have yet to master).

The good by far out weighs the bad so I hope Ballistix sticx around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom