• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    It's just a couple of numbers. You decide what and how it applies to you. I thought I would never make it to 30 and it came and went. Keep calm and buy more guns and ammo:rockwoot:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My best advice is not to drink any champagne. If you do during the calendar year you turn 40 its been linked to impotence. I am surprised, given your profession, you were not already aware of this.

If you have any plans whatsoever to consume any then let me know and I will gladly take it off your hands.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Never, if you're smart. Growing up remains the single most overrated thing I ever did.

There are some ways in which I will not grow up. Yes, I still laugh when I fart. :)

I enjoy doing donuts with a rear wheel drive car.

There are other things I do that make my peers shake their heads in disbelief. :)

Heck, I even use emoticons, lol.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    I turned 40 some 30 years ago and do not remember how it was. Do what you like to do with who you like to do it with has worked well for me all these years.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I couldn't make myself read this entire thread. There were tears of laughter blurring my vision. I suggest all you worried 40 and 50 something guys print this entire thread and look at it again in 30 years. :)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My best advice is not to drink any champagne. If you do during the calendar year you turn 40 its been linked to impotence. I am surprised, given your profession, you were not already aware of this.

If you have any plans whatsoever to consume any then let me know and I will gladly take it off your hands.

haha, I see what you did there

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've just about decided that I'm going to take a long weekend in Florida and go hog hunting and do some fishing for my 40th. Sans kids. Maybe even sans wife. I should think about filling her in on my plans.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I don't give a flip about impressing anybody with a bucket list, a big house or this and that.
    Am early 50's.
    Life throws ya curve balls and you swing and miss. Big deal.
    Midlife crisis? What the hell are those?

The only thing I can say is..........major physical/expense stuff...........might want to do that when younger. Big hunts in the mountains, safari............that kind of thing. Blow out a knee or back and you aint gonna do them when older.

Even if you have the $ later in life.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Seen quite a few coworkers/associates turn 40 and buy a Harley, or get one when they retire.
    Some go down hard too. Then they're gimped in their golden years.

Stay the hell off the bikes.

Horses would be another item to stay clear of. One killed Superman. Think about it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh, and I guess I forgot my meme/quote-worthy addition to the thread:

1. Never give up curiosity or awe
    2. Never stop learning
    3. Be thankful for everything you have
    4. Knowing where you're going afterward makes it much easier to live this life to the full. As JRR Tolkien penned:

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.”

Like most of the rest here, I don't see 40 as any kind of life crisis or milestone. It's just another year - one that I hope to make a successful and fulfilling as 39 has been.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I turn 40 in April. My wife wants to make a big deal out of it. I'd rather not. I really didn't think I'd make it past 25 and for some reason I did. I haven't accomplished anything I hoped to do. I'd rather the day pass like any other day.

Jason

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When you stop drinking beer, stop liking things that make a lot of noise, stop liking things that go fast, and stop checking out chicks (on the sly if married) then you're old. Just moderate yourself, for the health of your heart.

Top Bottom