• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    JetGirl! (or anybody else with an opinion) You seem to me to be the poster-girl around here for 1911s. Seeing as how you are the expert witness on 1911 pistols,I would like to ask some questions.

1- Does a REAL 1911 need to be a Colt, and if not, why not?
    2- Does a REAL 1911 have to be chambered .45 acp, and if not, why not?
    3- Doen't the firing pin block corrupt and violate the Browning patents and thereby doom all newer ones to 1911 hell and if not, why not?
    4- Does being a fat pig high capacity 1911 with a double-stack magazine corrupt and violate the Browning patents and thereby doom all of those to 1911 hell and if not, why not?
    5- Don't the new plastic 1911s violate that all that is holy by being bastard half-breed sons of Glock and by their very existence foretell the decline and destruction of the American way of life and if not, why not?

I have answers but will wait for the Monkey as this was directed at here.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    JetGirl! (or anybody else with an opinion) You seem to me to be the poster-girl around here for 1911s. Seeing as how you are the expert witness on 1911 pistols,I would like to ask some questions.

3- Doen't the firing pin block corrupt and violate the Browning patents and thereby doom all newer ones to 1911 hell and if not, why not?
    4- Does being a fat pig high capacity 1911 with a double-stack magazine corrupt and violate the Browning patents and thereby doom all of those to 1911 hell and if not, why not?
    5- Don't the new plastic 1911s violate all that is holy by being bastard half-breed sons of Glock and by their very existence foretell the decline and destruction of the American way of life and if not, why not?

1. No...after all even the Singer Sewing Machine Company made them, but I think it does need to be made in the USA.
    2. Absolutely not, the 38 Super is a fime cartridge for the 1911...9mm is somewhat suspect however.
    3. No...just condemns lawyers to hell which is somewhat redundant seeing as they are headed there at any rate.
    4. No, it is an little known fact that the ghost of JMB broadcast the plans for the double stack from beyond the veil. He had planned to introduce a double stack mag gun ala the Hi Power in 1911 form but died before it was realized.
    5. Yes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Will her answers be graded on a curve?

No, it's not a test. It's research. I am jealous of my dad's WW 2 Colt that my brother inherited and I want one. (I got a pristine WW 2 Walther P-38 with the rough wartime finish, matching numbers and Nazi proof marks)

I know what I think a 1911 is because I can see one whenever I see my brother. I saw one guy here posting about his 9mm 1911 and THAT made me suspicious of all of them.

If/when I get one for myself I don't want to mess up. You know, like going to buy a Harley and end up with a sportster or something (Oops! that'll ruffle some feathers!)

Now I am seeing that Singer made some 1911s and that amuses the hell out of me! If those are REAL 1911s, then Singer is the one I want.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Well...

From a purist standpoint, kinda/sorta. Even though companies like Singer, Remington Rand, and US Signal & Switch made them...they weren't doing it in 1911. They were still Colt copies.
    Nerp. As mentioned, 38 super has been around for the 1911 since 1929.
    Again, from a purist standpoint, yes. That butt-covering lawyer addition isn't necessary. Look at all the clones that go FP block-free... Ruger, Springfield, RIA, ATI, some of the Kimbers, some of the Colts... on and on.
    Invalid question. There's no such thing as a double stacked 1911.
    5- Don't the new plastic 1911s violate all that is holy by being bastard half-breed sons of Glock and by their very existence foretell the decline and destruction of the American way of life and if not, why not?
    Yes. If you want Americana plastic... buy Tupperware.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Well..
    Invalid question. There's no such thing as a double stacked 1911.

This is getting at something right here. I have a Llama .45 here that if I cannot interchange parts with the colt I will be very surprised. They seem completely identical except that the Llama is a fat pig (13 shots).

Are you disqualifying the Llama not because it's a pig, but because it's Spanish?

And do Singer 1911 come in .38 Super?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is getting at something right here. I have a Llama .45 here that if I cannot interchange parts with the colt I will be very surprised. They seem completely identical except that the Llama is a fat pig (13 shots).

Are you disqualifying the Llama not because it's a pig, but because it's Spanish?

Well, maybe some will.

I doubt the Llama is in spec with a Colt.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have one with a very light idiot mark. I didn't put it there but my day will come.

Mine was put on my gun by a guy at a gun shop. I won't identify who or where, as the shop is still in business and I don't want to burn any bridges.

All I can say is that *I* was careful not to idiot scratch my 1911. Now I just need to get some flitz and a green scrubby.

Blessings,
    Bill

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Top Bottom