If I OC, can I be accused of "impersonating an officer"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I think the bigger question here is, if you are not with ISP, why would you want to OC a pistol with the ISP logo on the grips? Although not illegal, I put this in the same class as displaying a "CCW" badge. :):

Free donuts! Or, maybe, not having to pay to purchase new grips for a great pistol. It is a collectible, with the state police badge factory engraved by Beretta onto the receiver. Most of my other handguns are WWII vintage, and if I ever felt the need to carry, this would be my choice as the most reliable and modern pistol to carry. No "wannabe" here.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Free donuts! Or, maybe, not having to pay to purchase new grips for a great pistol. It is a collectible, with the state police badge factory engraved by Beretta onto the receiver. Most of my other handguns are WWII vintage, and if I ever felt the need to carry, this would be my choice as the most reliable and modern pistol to carry. No "wannabe" here.

OK, posting pictures of those could actually turn this thread around.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    An "Amateur Gynecologist" T-shirt would be a better conversation starter.

:)

True story, I had a customer who was wearing a shirt that had a bar's name and "I'm not a gynecologist but I'll take a look" on it...SHE wanted to talk about her birds. I figured, ok, she's a lesbian, no big deal..then she started talking about her daughter :dunno:. I hope she's a lesbian

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    This is also the ONLY firearm that I own, that I KNOW was used to take anothers life. Sad story. Even though it was a justifiable shooting, the officer later took his own life as well, due in part to traumatic stress caused by the shooting.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    When I was a cop we got free coffee at the bowling alley. I love coffee so I would try to impersonate a police officer if I thought I could get free coffee. LOL! I carried the 92f and I DO own one (92fs compact with Walnut handles) and I could put on my old uniform....hmm.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    True story, I had a customer who was wearing a shirt that had a bar's name and "I'm not a gynecologist but I'll take a look" on it...SHE wanted to talk about her birds. I figured, ok, she's a lesbian, no big deal..then she started talking about her daughter :dunno:. I hope she's a lesbian

Was the bar Harry's Chocolate Shop? I think I've seen some of their shirts with that phrase on it.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    Those grips are cool. It's just a logo...not a badge. I'd keep the gun and the grips the way they are. Nobody's gonna see the ISP logo anyway until you clear leather/plastic/nylon..and by that time they'll have better things to fret about.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    If you bought an older black Crown Victoria, threw some red/blue lights on the rear deck and dashboard, 4 or 5 antennas on the trunk lid, then did some traffic stops on I465.
    When you made your approach to the driver, you talk to your police scanner and ask them to pay for the citation in cash I believe you would be in the poo pile.

Your uniform better be spotless, all insignia 150% correct, duty gear correct issue and hope someone rolling by from Indy/Metro doesn't stop by to see what's up.
    Maybe have the driver proned out or on the hood to make the public aware of your aggresive patroling. Now that sounds like impersonation to me.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I think you can wear the whole uniform & not be arrested for impersonating an officer. Halloween costumes are OK & so are male strippers dressed as cops.

I think the important part is that you are acting like a cop to get someone to do something they wouldn't otherwise do.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm glad you brought this up because I've been concerned about my M&P,...I says M&P right on the side and I'm not Military or Police. That could have been a double infraction.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I think you can wear the whole uniform & not be arrested for impersonating an officer. Halloween costumes are OK & so are male strippers dressed as cops.

I think the important part is that you are acting like a cop to get someone to do something they wouldn't otherwise do.

a picture might help us visualize better ;)

:D

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

Let me get you straight here - you want to see men dressed as cops that strip, generally for women?

If so then you're either a woman or gay. I'm cool with that either way but I just wanted you to be clear on what I was saying.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011

Here ya go.....

FatCop.jpg

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Let me get you straight here - you want to see men dressed as cops that strip, generally for women?

If so then you're either a woman or gay. I'm cool with that either way but I just wanted you to be clear on what I was saying.

female..I know what you're saying. The uniform does not automatically equal impersonation

Here ya go.....

ugh, so NOT what I was looking for but thanks :n00b:

Top Bottom