If President Barrack Obama knocked on your door ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If President Barrack Obama knocked on my door ...

• Total voters

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    1. Respect for the office does not translate into being welcomed into my home.
    2. I would not let him in, if for no better reason, he/the SS do not need to do any sightseeing with any ornamentation or hardware which may be in various locations around the place.
    3. I would be split in my direct response to his presence. My first inclination would be to explain in encyclopedic detail what a f**kup he is, but then again, I am not sure I really feel up to having a Joe the Plumber done on me (which should not be a consideration in a free republic).
    4. Under no circumstances would he cross the threshold.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'd come out and chat with him on my front porch but I''m probably not inviting him in unless he was in trouble.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    While I do respect the function of POTUS, I also believe in my sovereign rights to my home, and he is not welcome inside. If he came to my door, I would politely ask him to leave, and inform him that he is trespassing. Just because the POTUS shows up on your doorstep, you have no legal, moral, or other obligation to let him in...:twocents:

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I'd step out on the front porch, and close the door behind me. I think it would be interesting to see (or experience) what the SS would do to me if I had my gun on my hip..

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    1. Respect for the office does not translate into being welcomed into my home.
    2. I would not let him in, if for no better reason, he/the SS do not need to do any sightseeing with any ornamentation or hardware which may be in various locations around the place.
    3. I would be split in my direct response to his presence. My first inclination would be to explain in encyclopedic detail what a f**kup he is, but then again, I am not sure I really feel up to having a Joe the Plumber done on me (which should not be a consideration in a free republic).
    4. Under no circumstances would he cross the threshold.

Hey, thanks. Saves me the trouble of typing it all.

I've got all sorts of nasty comments that come to mind, but none that are appropriate for INGO.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So, given the chance to address any issues you may have with the president, many would simply turn him away at the door? Hilarious. So much for having your voice heard.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, given the chance to address any issues you may have with the president, many would simply turn him away at the door? Hilarious. So much for having your voice heard.

I would think it obvious on its own merit, but if not, the Joe the Plumber incident should have been sufficient to demonstrate that HE DOES NOT GIVE A DAMN WHAT ANY OF US THINK AND WOULD NOT BE LISTENING ANYWAY.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    I think we're all resigned to the fact that this would NEVER happen, but in the spirit of hypotheticalness I can say the man would not be welcome in my home. I don't want snakes in my home. Same goes for any other celebrity or person of interest. I don't get starstruck and I don't suffer fools well.

But I may ask him a few questions. Does he lock his car every time, what his favorite Pringle flavor is, how often does he clip his toenails.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, last Wednesday night Obama DID come to my door!
    (Or maybe it was a kid in a mask...I don't know, it was pretty convincing)...
    Anyhow, I took a fistful of candy out of his little pumpkin bucket and redistributed it among the other little trick-or-treaters in his group.
    :laugh:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I wouldn't disrespect him, but he would not be invited into my home. We can talk on the porch just like anyone else that isn't close family or friend

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I'd come out and chat with him on my front porch but I''m probably not inviting him in unless he was in trouble.

This. . .

He could make it on my front porch, but that is as far as he is going. I would be polite and respectful of the office, but he would not enter my house.

troopjones

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Valparaiso, IN
    I would invite him in, sit down with him, and ask some of the hard questions. When he tried to give a "PR" answer i would call BS and ask him to leave if he was not going to be honest.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I would greet the President, shake his hand, and offer him a seat inside my house. I would bring him something to drink, prepare a meal, ask a prayer of blessing and protection for those under my house, and break bread with him. I would talk to him about many of the positions that he holds, and walk him through Scripture to show him where I see his confusions are. At the end of the evening, I would offer to pray with him, and if he declined I would let him know that I would still be praying for him. I would not pray that he changes his opinions to mine, but instead that he opens his heart and listens to God for guidance. In the end, there is only one who can change the President's views on some issues, and that's not me.

Top Bottom