• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    And they all can use my Glock 17 holster :)

Very good point about the holster.

I have 50 cal ammo cans filled with 1,000 rounds of loaded ammo in card stock boxes. I keep loaded mags and a kydex holster in the can. If needed to bug out or bunker down I will get a pistol from the safe and add it to the holster inside the ammo can. Now I have 1,000 rds of ammo, mags, gun and holster in one package. All I have to do is hand it to someone and they are ready to defend themselves.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Two .45 single action (or equivalent) colts in a buscadero holster to OC like a champ :draw: and a single stack compact .45ACP for the nightstand and dance hall.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glock 19 for EDC.
    Glock 26 for back up gun.
    Glock 17 for home defense/house gun.

3 Glock 19's would be my choice.

1) Glock 19 or 26 on me at all times.
    2) Glock 19 as a spare just in case something happens to pistol 1
    3) Glock 19 as a tertiary (yeah, I said it) just in case something happens to pistol 2, also serves as the dedicated frame for my AA kit when at the range.

Maybe sub 1 out for a Glock 26.

And I'm done.

For all the same reasons, but I just prefer the compact and subcompact.

Same ammo, same mags, same holster, same parts. Throw in an AA 22LR conversion kit and I'm good.

I actually have this setup, except with a multiplier :):

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I don't leave a gun locked up in the car, for obvious reasons.

If I were to limit myself to only 3 handguns, I would probably choose 1 in .22 LR or WM, 1 in a 'defensive' caliber (9mm, .357 Sig, .40, .45? You choose), and 1 for hunting (.44 Mag., .454 Casull, .460 or .500 S&W, .50AE? Again, lots of options).

JMO, but see no reason to have 3 'similar' (i.e., 'self-defense') calibers. Pretty easy to take that EDC and carry it in the vehicle, or set it on the nightstand. Makes more sense to me to have 3 disparate calibers for different uses: small game / plinking, self-defense / plinking, larger game / plinking. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    1 Carry - Smith & Wesson BodyGuard 380 with Laser / can go anywhere, VERY concealable
    I realize a 380 doesn't have the stopping power, but rather have something than wishing I had my 45, which is setting at home.

2 Jeep (there's only one Legend) - or preferred carry - Glock 19 / 34 parts, totally reliable...like the Jeep

3 Home - (bedside) - Taurus Ultra-Lite, Crimson Trace Laser Grips, JUDGE / totally reliable revolver, awesome spread pattern, 5 Winchester PDX-1s in less than 3 seconds....
    that's 15 - 38 wadcutters and 60 .177 bb's coming at you

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've only got one handgun that sits on my nightstand when I sleep. Then it goes into my holster when I get up. Then it goes back on the nightstand when I go to bed. If I'm in my truck, it's in there with me. Honestly, I could get by with just one. So my next two listed will be a deep concealment and a range gun.

EDC/truck/nightstand: Walther PPQ
    Deep concealment/dress won't permit a full size handgun: Ruger LCP
    Range toy: CZ 97b :drool:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    My nightstand gun is, like seedubs1, my gun that I carried that day.

My 3 would be:

Glock 34. 17 rounds of 9mm, only slightly longer than a Glock 17 but has a lighter slide and much better trigger. Can be carried since it is the same size as a full-size 1911 but at half the weight with twice the ammo. Also one of the most predominant competition pistols out there. All around, if I could only have 1 pistol it would be the G34.

Glock 42. A small and concealable pistol that is an absolute blast to shoot! Not a lot of bullets but it functions like it's full-size brothers and would make a great learning tool for a new shooter, a recoil sensitive shooter or a shooter looking to have a lot of fun! Easily the most fun gun I've ever shot.

Glock 19 would be my 3rd. Not perfect but as close to a 'perfect pistol' as you can get. 15 rounds of 9mm, big enough to shoot in any competition or self-defense/pistol training class but still concealable if you wear the right clothes/belt/holster. All larger Glock 9mm magazines will work in it along with any holster as well.

bmiley1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Exactly my set up as well. Interchangeable mags, same ammo, same feel in my hand. Love all three of my Glocks. Waiting to see if they come out with a 9mm version of the 42; single stacked 9.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I get that and I will eventually have more than 3 but I want to take my time and build a nice collection. I just wanted to get opinions based off of everyone's experiences.

That's the way to do it. Once the first three have the necessities covered, you can look more towards what is fun to shoot than what is practical. You can cover all bases in different ways by doing an all Glock collection in the same caliber or different calibers. Or, you can get one mid-size gun that you carry 90% of the time and then add either a deep concealment gun or full size gun next. In my opinion, the three best all around guns to fill the role of your 90% EDC would be a compact CZ 75, Glock 23 or Glock 19. I'm sure there are also great XDs or M&Ps that would work well too, but I have no experience with those.

Do yourself a favor though and resist impulse buying. There are good guns out there that don't cost much, but often you fight to find holsters for them and mags are expensive. When all is said and done, you might find that $350 deal cost more than a higher quality gun might have when you add up the cost of extra mags and gun leather.

Top Bottom