• 24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    EDC: Beretta Px4 Sub Compact 9mm
    Nightstand: G17 w/ light and laser
    Grab and Go / Truck: 50cal ammo can full of .40 in mags with a Sig SP 2022 nestled on the top of them.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Do yourself a favor though and resist impulse buying. There are good guns out there that don't cost much, but often you fight to find holsters for them and mags are expensive. When all is said and done, you might find that $350 deal cost more than a higher quality gun might have when you add up the cost of extra mags and gun leather.

This is an especially good point.

It took me years of carrying before I broke down and bough a Glock. I don't know if I was intent on being different or thought I could find a better answer, but once I bought a Glock 19, finding accessories for my edc became a lot easier. Where before I would have to spend lots of time online looking for a holster for this or that xd, I could pretty much go anywhere and they had glock 19 holsters. Same for mags and sights. Pretty much every gunshop with gunsmith services seems to handle glocks and glock parts. Pretty much every holster maker makes glock 19 holsters and pretty much every holster seller stocks them.

(The glock 19 is also a boring gun in the sense that it keeps going bang and shoots well whatever I feed it.)

Do consider that if you buy a less commonly carried gun, you will have a harder time finding parts, mags and service for that gun than you would if you bought some mainstream choice.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    45 acp SA Loaded - (My tack-driver)
    Glock 35 - (More mag. capacity plus I have 9mm, 357 Sig, and 40 S&W barrels for it that take less than 30 seconds to change)
    Sig P938 - (It's a sweet little pocket pistol with great accuracy)

If I had to put meat on the table or was in an area with dangerous game then I would take my Ruger 44 mag instead of the 45. :-)

Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    I'll give it a shot:
    EDC: My Wilson Combat 10MM this is also the one gun I would have if I could only have one as it works well as a carry gun competition gun and with the right loads it's great for Pig Hunting!!

Indiana Deer Gun: My 629 4 inch 44 magnum is what I carry for deer season, I can also CC it during deer season so it makes a good all around also. I'd use my 10 for deer here but the state says no-go.

Small Gun: either my 938 or Smith 442 just because it gets hot around here and sometime a cover garment is to much.

dustinfz6r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    East Indy /Pendleton
    This is an especially good point.

It took me years of carrying before I broke down and bough a Glock. I don't know if I was intent on being different or thought I could find a better answer, but once I bought a Glock 19, finding accessories for my edc became a lot easier. Where before I would have to spend lots of time online looking for a holster for this or that xd, I could pretty much go anywhere and they had glock 19 holsters. Same for mags and sights. Pretty much every gunshop with gunsmith services seems to handle glocks and glock parts. Pretty much every holster maker makes glock 19 holsters and pretty much every holster seller stocks them.

(The glock 19 is also a boring gun in the sense that it keeps going bang and shoots well whatever I feed it.)

Do consider that if you buy a less commonly carried gun, you will have a harder time finding parts, mags and service for that gun than you would if you bought some mainstream choice.

It seems like the Glock 19 is the go to piece for most...

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    You shouldn't be limited to just 3 guns. The right number of guns to have is..... just one more.

I have to agree with this. My wife and I have 19 handguns. That should be enough, but I would really like to add a M&P Shield in 9mm. That being said, if I had to choose 3, I think I would go with,
    GP100 4 in
    HP in 9mm
    CM9 or the Shield

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Only 3? Tough choice.

EDC: I would say Glock 19 because it's already my EDC, but with if I was starting with none I would go with Glock 23 and conversation barrels for 9mm and .357 SIG.

Woods/Truck/HD/BBQ gun: S&W 686+ from the Performance Center with 4 inch barrel

Deep cover: Pocket j-frame like an S&W airweight or Bodyguard.

Higginbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Columbus
    I have an M&P9c which I really like as a carry gun. I'd like to have a full sized either M&P or perhaps XD (not much experience with those). Preferably in 45. I'd also like a .380, probably the S&W bodyguard, or colt mustang, based on feel and having shot an LCP. As I acquire more, I'm sure my opinions will change.

Top Bottom