• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    The only way to deal with a group of criminals as Illinois has allowed to control them for ever is too...

Not spend time or money in their State.

If you decide to work for some one in their State always charge premium for those same services.

If forced to go to their State and you are harassed, injured, robbed etc. while there sue all involved in any court arena available.

While pushing through agenda's within your own State go for their money. Push through tax breaks and other ways to move their business infrastructure out of their State and therefore remove their tax base in doing so.

Always publicize their aggression towards freedom and their incidents of making victims out of people on all the forums, social network sites and as many media outlets as our available to you.

That is how you fix Illinois and their corrupt government...

This bill from what I'm seeing is nothing more than honoring their court mandates with meaningless double speak. They still don't have CCW and we still have to check with our lawyers before we go over there because we can't protect ourselves from the armed criminals they let out on their streets all day long...

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    This is the FIRST VICTORY of this war, the folks in Illinois won a battle, but there will be many more needed to make this law better. Still, its a victory.

I agree with this. It is by far not perfect or even good right now but it is only the beginning. Now (once it is signed and put into action) people will have the opportunity to carry a loaded concealed weapon in Illinois on their person.

It will take time and effort to get this where any of us would call it fairly decent. But I think that once this goes into effect and the people of IL see that the sky doesn't cave in on them and that law abiding gun owners don't just start shooting each other, then there hopefully will be some softening of the rigid opposition and possibly then we can get this closer to what it should be.

This just wasn't going to be an all or nothing law. It was going to be something that nobody liked at first. At least now the wagon is headed in the right direction and the journey to the destination can begin.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This just wasn't going to be an all or nothing law. It was going to be something that nobody liked at first. At least now the wagon is headed in the right direction and the journey to the destination can begin

1. It should have been nothing so we could have all.

2. Tell me when something got better for gun owners with the passage of time in Illinois.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    1. It should have been nothing so we could have all.
    But since Illinois has home rule then each jurisdiction could have passed it own carry restrictions, within reason, and passed court muster. So getting it all would have quickly devolved into chaos.

Kirk Freeman said:
    2. Tell me when something got better for gun owners with the passage of time in Illinois.
    Uh, how about with the passage of this bill :rockwoot:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Once the bill is signed, the NRA and ISRPA need to begin immediately pushing to upgrade. Then again, the good and decent, law-abiding pro-gun folks should continue to do so in ALL States.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    But since Illinois has home rule then each jurisdiction could have passed it own carry restrictions, within reason, and passed court muster. So getting it all would have quickly devolved into chaos.

Uh, how about with the passage of this bill :rockwoot:

If they were to have constitutional carry and were to make up their own rules, who said they would follow the ways of chicago? It's possible they could, but flipside, it's entirely possible they may not.

Carrying in chicago is going to be hard whether the bill passed or not.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If they were to have constitutional carry and were to make up their own rules, who said they would follow the ways of chicago? It's possible they could, but flipside, it's entirely possible they may not.
    This defies logic.

Any move away from Constitutional Carry is, by default, a move toward Chicago style restrictions.

The problem with Constitutional Carry, in a state like Illinois that does NOT have a pre-emption law, is that it has large pockets of anti-gunners that will pass restrictions.

Carrying in chicago is going to be hard whether the bill passed or not.
    Not sure why. If you drive there, as long as you are not going into a hospital, zoo or museum then its really not too bad. I'm not thrilled with it but I can carry within the law in Chicago most of the time.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    This defies logic.

Any move away from Constitutional Carry is, by default, a move toward Chicago style restrictions.

The problem with Constitutional Carry, in a state like Illinois that does NOT have a pre-emption law, is that it has large pockets of anti-gunners that will pass restrictions.

Not sure why. If you drive there, as long as you are not going into a hospital, zoo or museum, park, playground, bar, property of a municipal building, street fair, ball park, parade, posted business or a parking lot owned by any of the above then its really not too bad. I'm not thrilled with it but I can carry within the law in Chicago most of the time.

FIFY. The businesses in Chicago are going to post, especially to start off.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    FIFY. The businesses in Chicago are going to post, especially to start off.

You are making a presumption.

In other states which fought strongly against civilian carry, some businesses did post, some did not. I think that the reality is that we've all seen and heard the doom and gloom about "blood in the streets" and "wild west shootouts" and none of those things have happened in any state. Not likely to happen in Chicago by CHL holders either so why don't we wait to see what the businesses do, it will probably be NEXT YEAR before the first people actually qualify for licenses.

No, the bill made things worse.

We were at Constitutional Carry. Now we have this monster.

Explain how a state with home rule and no pre-emption could keep Constitutional Carry when courts have already ruled that MAY issue is legal? I'd quickly foresee counties like COOK passing a license scheme that would require a "may" issue license. Its very likely that would be upheld by the courts too.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I still am skeptical of this bill actually becoming law, I have seen too many fixes in the state to relax just yet.

If I am understanding things correctly I would be able to carry loaded in my car in Ill with my LTCH and without the Illinois permit. If so would that take effect as soon as Quinn signs the bill? It would be ironic if thousands of In residents would be carrying in their cars while Illinois residents were waiting until the entire system gets set up to even take training and apply for their licenses.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

They were never at constitutional carry. That was a pipe dream.

The fact that they managed to get a bill as lenient as they did is amazing. This is nowhere near California and New York, which is what I was expecting them to do.

I was amazed that the original May issue bill didn't make it through. That was a major victory in and of itself.

Now the citizens of Illinois can fight to get that list of places they cannot carry reduced.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County

Does constitutional carry include state-wide or national preemption?

If it doesn't... Do you think that legislators in towns, cities, and counties in Illinois would not pass their own distinct and individual laws for who can carry, when they can carry, and how they can carry while within their jurisdiction?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Does constitutional carry include state-wide or national preemption?

If it doesn't... Do you think that legislators in towns, cities, and counties in Illinois would not pass their own distinct and individual laws for who can carry, when they can carry, and how they can carry while within their jurisdiction?
    Not to mention they still have the FOID, which you have to have to own a firearm. It would have become the defacto license.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I still am skeptical of this bill actually becoming law...

1) The Governor can sign it, and it will become law.
    2) The Governor can veto it, but it passed both houses with more than a Veto Proof super-majority.
    2a) Even if a veto doesn't get over-ridden then the Judge's order will force Constitutional Carry.
    3) The Governor can choose to let the bill sit for 60 days, upon the conclusion of which will result in the bill automatically becoming law.
    3a Assuming the Governor chooses to let the bill sit, then Constitutional Carry will take effect later this month, and the bill will then supplant Constitutional Carry at the end of the 60 day period.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell

I don't think we were really at constitutional carry in reality. That was not going to be allowed to happen.

The patch work that Indiana had sucked and we are finally just coming out of that but still fighting the battles to make all the towns and municipalities get into line. I would not want to have to drive though IL wondering what the law is in this town and that town.

Now we are talking about the list of places that we cannot carry rather than just crying that you cannot carry at all. Right now there is a Dem in the governors office but that does not mean it will always be that way. Those are the things that can change over time. With continued pressure to make it better, with new people in place and a carry bill already on the books, it can be made better in time.

I live in Indiana and I work just west of the City of Chicago. I could not carry my gun into IL unless I wanted to have it unloaded and in a case. Now, I may be able to load my firearm and take it with me in the car to work. When I enter back into Indiana I don't have to stop and load up or worse yet, not have it with me at all.

I also live right by the stateline. If I go down to the Kankakee river and drive down Stateline rd I have to be concerned with which side of the road I am on. When I drive to teh river I have to be unloaded and in a case. When I drive home I can carry at will. When this goes into effect those issues will go away for me also.

Top Bottom