I own what I want.
    amenw.gif

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Correct, it is illegal to OWN throwing stars in Indiana, even in your own home.

On another note, anybody ready for a sword and OC event in Indianapolis? If you didn't get looks before, you will now!

I've got a maroon katana signed by David Carradine with a frog attached to it that I can take with me!

I would be up for that in a heart beat.

Did I mention it was signed by David Carradine? $100 is now worth maybe $400.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Ok another question. Save for the gun permit I am waiting on I carry an m-tech 6 or 7 inch dagger on me. The reason is because I can't pull a gun on someone if the bg nomrs at me looking crazy, I will use it for a defense weapon. Does anyone else do this? I have a few of my friends doing this now and am wondering if I am the only one? I would rather have something than nothing. That's why this law interests me so much.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You are allowed to have them, it is illegal to carry them around with you.

edit: Like stilettos and switchblades. They are illegal to carry, but you can have an entire collection in your house as far as I know without getting in trouble. That's why I go to flea markets and see them for sale everywhere I go.

If I'm wrong let me know.

You are absolutely and entirely 100% incorrect according to current Indiana Law.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Another question. Since I don't have a ltch I carry an m-tech 8 or 9 inch fixed blade so I at least have something for the crazy if he comes after me. Am I the only one who does this? Does anyone carry a knife AND firearm?

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Indiana knife laws (well knife laws in general) are ridiculous and unfounded. Made out of fear years past and nothing more. Its disgusting. I could say that about more than a few gun laws as well.

Throwing stars? I mean really? You need a law for that because you see massive amounts of ninja related deaths happen throughout the year say compared to drunk driving deaths?

Has anyone ever tried to chuck a "throwing star?" What happened? Oh right.... Pure awesomeness. This law was made to hinder the spread of awesomeness for generations to come...Nothing more. It along with many other laws need to be updated from this nations "fear" years.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    :n00b:
    Indiana knife laws (well knife laws in general) are ridiculous and unfounded. Made out of fear years past and nothing more. Its disgusting. I could say that about more than a few gun laws as well.

Throwing stars? I mean really? You need a law for that because you see massive amounts of ninja related deaths happen throughout the year say compared to drunk driving deaths?

Has anyone ever tried to chuck a "throwing star?" What happened? Oh right.... Pure awesomeness. This law was made to hinder the spread of awesomeness for generations to come...Nothing more. It along with many other laws need to be updated from this nations "fear" years.

I do axe throwing. Personally, I'd RATHER GET hit with the stars than with an axe.

They have alot of weight and power behind them, and can be very unpredictable once they start the "Bounce".

The Franks (From who Frances recieves it's name) were a Germanic tribe, that perfected the art of Axe throwing, and were known to be quite fierce in this art.

I am curious how the knife laws are ridiculous if you can carry any size, are you referring to stars, or projected blades?

Curious, if you might personally know, but does the Axe fall under Knives, as it is Bladed?:n00b:

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    :n00b:

I do axe throwing. Personally, I'd RATHER GET hit with the stars than with an axe.

They have alot of weight and power behind them, and can be very unpredictable once they start the "Bounce".

The Franks (From who Frances recieves it's name) were a Germanic tribe, that perfected the art of Axe throwing, and were known to be quite fierce in this art.

I am curious how the knife laws are ridiculous if you can carry any size, are you referring to stars, or projected blades?

Curious, if you might personally know, but does the Axe fall under Knives, as it is Bladed?:n00b:

You know, Im not sure about what an axe falls under. I would consider it a home/outdoors tool like a shovel or a hoe. So to me it wouldnt be, but who knows.

When I say ridiculous, I am referring to stars and push button blades. There is no basis as to why these should be illegal other than their "fear" factor. Switchblades in particular are no more easily concealable and in my own experience 10 times more flimsy and apt to break than a uniformed hinged knife. (stiletto's especially.) They were shat on in 1958 because society started getting scared of the news spewing their exaggerated association with criminals and gangs. Movies weren't any help either. Thanks a lot James Dean...

Point is they are one of many laws that need to be reworked with a common sense approach in today's society.

Indiana can't even collect them legally. What a crock.

Now ballistic knives...I can at least see the "reason" the feds would want to regulate them in case of accidental misfires while inside pockets and such. But really, they shouldn't even be banned either.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    So when are we going to do an OC knife event? If it's on the west side or downtown somewhere, I'll be able to go, I have a few decent swords and knives I can carry with me. Dunno how I would manage it though.

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I am curious if anyone knows when the throwing knife law went into effect in Indiana. I thought that I had seen throwing stars for sale at some martial arts supply stores within the last few years.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I am curious if anyone knows when the throwing knife law went into effect in Indiana. I thought that I had seen throwing stars for sale at some martial arts supply stores within the last few years.

you have. but that doesn't mean its legal. just like the autos you see at the gun shows.

as a consumer, folks need to be aware of the law for this VERY reason.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    you have. but that doesn't mean its legal. just like the autos you see at the gun shows.

as a consumer, folks need to be aware of the law for this VERY reason.

Washington Flea Market in Plainfield. There is a guy there who told me that "no one there will ever beat his prices, I will get what you need, yada yada yada" and I told him I knew the laws about his knives and not to show me anything I couldn't use. I went in a couple weeks ago, and he told me he found something I would like. It was only $10 or so, but it was a little silver thing, half an inch wide, about an inch and a half long. He opened the top of it and lit it up (a lighter), and I thought it was pretty neat. Then he turned it so it was laying flat and said "watch this." Pushed a little black button on there I didn't notice, and a blade the length of the lighter shot out of the end of it.

Not only did it scare the crap out of me because I was on the thought of cigarettes at that point, I about slapped him and told him I was going to have him arrested for possession of an automatic knife.

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I bought 2 push button knives at the 1500 last weekend as I do every 1500. :dunno: The Benchmade's are some sweet blades.

Top Bottom