• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Rokita based on his statement of the second posted earlier. Also, he's never voted for a tax increase.

Braun raised taxes as a State Pol and doesn't pay his own.

Messner is a party man.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My financial advisor took three weeks off from work to devote himself to advocating for specific conservative values during the past year. He spent the three weeks in Indianapolis using his contacts to advocate for these principles. He paid his own expenses and was the only advocate who was a private citizen, not a paid lobbyist, to join the campaign. I do not recall the name of that particular campaign, but it was major effort to get conservative values supported in the Indiana General Assembly. As part of that campaign he also met with all three of these candidates. I trust my advisor with my finances, and we share a common conservative worldview, so his opinions have my respect.

His ranking of the three men was:
    1. Rokita
    2. Messner
    3. Braun

He disliked Braun because he was a Democrat until it was too hard to win in a heavily Republican district. He switched to the GOP to have a better shot at election success, but his value system is basically Democrat Party positions. At best, he views Braun as a Dem in GOP clothing, not even a RINO.

He disliked Messner because he was clearly a RINO in their personal meeting. He talked one thing, but his values and voting record were liberal.

He disliked Rokita because he voted to extend the borrowing from future generations by raising the debt ceiling and the national debt. Rokita argued that the debt had to be raised to increase the support of the military. My advisor viewed that as commendable, but that it is still a very unwise decision because of the potential of the unpayable debt to destroy the foundations of the economy for our children and the grandchildren.

If you have not noticed, my advisor's key concerns were moral integrity and financial sanity.

My advisor's bottom line was Rokita was the best of the three. All three are career politicians, even though Braun has a business pedigree. Braun and Messner are certain to campaign as conservatives and vote RINO, in this man's opinion. Rokita is more likely to stand on conservative principles than the other two.

Personally, I would prefer Marlin Fitzwater. However, since that is not an option I will go with Rokita. Messner is better than Donnelly; but Braun is the same as Donnelly, or even worse.

JMHO. Take it for what it is worth, :twocents:.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My financial advisor took three weeks off from work to devote himself to advocating for specific conservative values during the past year. He spent the three weeks in Indianapolis using his contacts to advocate for these principles. He paid his own expenses and was the only advocate who was a private citizen, not a paid lobbyist, to join the campaign. I do not recall the name of that particular campaign, but it was major effort to get conservative values supported in the Indiana General Assembly. As part of that campaign he also met with all three of these candidates. I trust my advisor with my finances, and we share a common conservative worldview, so his opinions have my respect.

1. Rokita
    2. Messner
    3. Braun

He disliked Braun because he was a Democrat until it was too hard to win in a heavily Republican district. He switched to the GOP to have a better shot at election success, but his value system is basically Democrat Party positions. At best, he views Braun as a Dem in GOP clothing, not even a RINO.

He disliked Messner because he was clearly a RINO in their personal meeting. He talked one thing, but his values and voting record were liberal.

He disliked Rokita because he voted to extend the borrowing from future generations by raising the debt ceiling and the national debt. Rokita argued that the debt had to be raised to increase the support of the military. My advisor viewed that as commendable, but that it is still a very unwise decision because of the potential of the unpayable debt to destroy the foundations of the economy for our children and the grandchildren.

If you have not noticed, my advisor's key concerns were moral integrity and financial sanity.

My advisor's bottom line was Rokita was the best of the three. All three are career politicians, even though Braun has a business pedigree. Braun and Messner are certain to campaign as conservatives and vote RINO, in this man's opinion. Rokita is more likely to stand on conservative principles than the other two.

Personally, I would prefer Marlin Fitzwater. However, since that is not an option I will go with Rokita. Messner is better than Donnelly; but Braun is the same as Donnelly, or even worse.

This is kinda how things are shaking out for me. There are a lot of things I don't like about Rokita, but there seems to be a little less wrong with him than the others. But I've not committed to voting for anyone yet. Just saying it's likely going to be Rokita.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

1. Rokita
    2. Messner
    3. Braun

If true, this is one of my greatest fears -- getting a republican voted into the senate in Indiana is virtually a lifetime election. With the present makeup, at least with a democrat in that seat, at least we'll get legitimate challengers to him/her...probably won't with a Donnelly-like republican though.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    An otherwise good episod of Jeopardy! was marred by political ads - notably Braun's laughable attempt at paint TER as a liberal. Is anyone that gullible?

I'm actually surprised the race as devolved into "who's the biggest Trump sycophant".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    An otherwise good episod of Jeopardy! was marred by political ads - notably Braun's laughable attempt at paint TER as a liberal. Is anyone that gullible?

I'm actually surprised the race as devolved into "who's the biggest Trump sycophant".

That doesn't surprise me. Trump won in the face of nearly everyone saying he wouldn't or couldn't. Like him or hate him, whatever he did worked. Why would a candidate at least nominally in "his" party not want to ride on those coat tails?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That doesn't surprise me. Trump won in the face of nearly everyone saying he wouldn't or couldn't. Like him or hate him, whatever he did worked. Why would a candidate at least nominally in "his" party not want to ride on those coat tails?

I guess I've been consuming too much left coast media portraying Trump as toxic.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This. From my perspective, Mr. Trump is doing all the things he said he would do. I'm in favor of electing people that will either support Mr. Trump directly or at least get out of his way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This^^^^

There is a lot of static. There is no reporting on what he has done. There is opposition from the left that has stymied his actual Constitutional authority.

The haters are few and getting fewer. It is hard to see because the MSM is relentless in their hate.

gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    All three Indiana Republican Senate candidates have an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association. None of them have the endorsement, so it's been challenging to decide. But this morning I have made my final decision whom I will vote for Tuesday, May 8 and it will be Luke Messer.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.vanderberg
    Image already added

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, my wife and I voted early for the first time. Two more for Rokita.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. I dunno. I don’t really think highly of any of them. But I’ll probably vote for Rokita.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just voted. On the whole ballot, there were only 2 races that voting on would count. The Senate race and our local House rep race. I only filled in two circles.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just voted. On the whole ballot, there were only 2 races that voting on would count. The Senate race and our local House rep race. I only filled in two circles.

Oh jeez I must be getting old. At first glance I thought it read: “I just voted. On the whole toilet.” :n00b: WTG? had to dona double take. Oh. Ballot.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Voted on the way into work. Left one blank: nobody will run pro ConC against incumbent Hendricks County Sheriff Clark?
    Also, I voted at th polls in 1984. Was absentee until a special election in 2001 when Morning Joe bailed 1st district in Florida. Voted in 2002 then absentee up until 2008. After all the absentee ballots going to the polls means something.

Top Bottom