• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Perfect timing for me, suckas! I'm moving next week and last week I learned from Kirk that not changing my address with the ISP is a B Misdemeanor.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The BMV has a digital image of you that they place on your drivers license. They can get the digital file from them and place it on there somewhere. Our licenses are already linked together anyway, aren't they??
    Two government departments with two different systems working together... :rofl:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Well seeing as your not required to have it on your person, what's not to like? If you want to keep it on you, now you can, and being able to request a new/updated/replacement copy, and update your address online simplifies things.

How about working to get rid of the permission system instead of finding ways to increase costs and/or make it more efficient for them to take your money?

Every year we try to get rid of our permit system. Doesn't look promising yet we still try. Here's were were at now.

Mandatory training= at least $100
    New permit =$152.50
    Mandatory renewal every 5 years $63

But hey. It has my pretty picture on it and it's laminated. Totally worth it!

lizerdking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Almost on lake Mich
    How about working to get rid of the permission system instead of finding ways to increase costs and/or make it more efficient for them to take your money?

Every year we try to get rid of our permit system. Doesn't look promising yet we still try. Here's were were at now.

New permit =$152.50

You're confusing fixing and simplifying the current system with passing new legislation/repealing old legislation.

This isn't changing anything about the law, it's just making it less of a pain in the arse, what's there to get worked up about? :dunno:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

New permit =$152.50

Not here.

I paid one time for life- $175 or $185 (don't remember).

As for the whole "permit" system. Sure, get rid of it, but what makes you think a physically better license means people don't want more freedom? One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Last edited:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Not here.

I paid one time for life- $175 or $185 (don't remember).

As for the whole "permit" system. Sure, get rid of it, but what makes you think a better license means people don't want more freedom? One thing has nothing to do with the other.

I just don't see it as a better license. I see it as wasting money. I also expect costs to increase. Guess I'll find out when I move back to Indy.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I think someone mentioned it up-stream.... Why bother? We don't even need to carry it, so why make it from plastic? There really isn't a reason to even issue the paper. Unless you want a keep-sake.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think someone mentioned it up-stream.... Why bother? We don't even need to carry it, so why make it from plastic? There really isn't a reason to even issue the paper. Unless you want a keep-sake.

Unless the state you are visiting and taking advantage of reciprocity requires it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That, or I can debate a cop about it...or show it to him and be on my way. I mean, I know that reasonable cooperation isn't the INGO way, but it's my way.
    Oblig...

cpdgkgx.jpg

Top Bottom