• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How about working to get rid of the permission system instead of finding ways to increase costs and/or make it more efficient for them to take your money?

Every year we try to get rid of our permit system. Doesn't look promising yet we still try. Here's were were at now.

Mandatory training= at least $100
    New permit =$152.50
    Mandatory renewal every 5 years $63

But hey. It has my pretty picture on it and it's laminated. Totally worth it!

You could make the argument that states with mandatory training are no safer than those without.
    I've seen a comparison. But now I can't find it.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    i am liking this idea. ive never been too fond of the paper one that i get laminated and never seems to fit just right in wallets. if it looks nicer and makes the process easier i'm down.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    why still pink? eww. at least jedi will like it.

when i moved i had to provide my new address to the state within 60 days or risk a misdemeanor. i don't remember the process being that complicated. i filled out a .pdf, printed it, and faxed it. i think it had to be notarized as well but can't be sure. if you can do the entire process online with no notary or faxing then of course that would be better and less complicated. just having to fax something is a deterrent for me cuz i'm lazy. are they really going away with the lifetime?

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    I went from a tri-fold to a bi-fold wallet to fit this thing.

many different wallets and styles in and out of my edc. last wallet was one of those newer folio phone case wallets. great idea but too bulky and heavy. now i'm using just the removable ccw/dl folding portion of the nra billfold... http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?c=10&p=GI+420&ct=e
    holds my dl, ccw, work badge, and 2 credit cards. everything i need and brought the weight/bulk of my edc down quite a bit.

i am the same way tho, anytime i shop for a wallet it must accommodate the ccw

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Since I already have a lifetime LTCH, let me be the first to say,

The Second Amendment is my license to carry :cool: Or is it a permit? :dunno:

OKJSTFUAFC :laugh:

Hush now, who gave you permission to speak? The 1st amendment is only for those of us with state issued licenses and/or permits.

I never understood the whole 'need to have a permit/license to carry' thing. I don't need a permit/license for my 1st amendment right. Seems silly I need one for my 2nd amendment. But hey, I'll play by the rules and am happy to have my LTCH.

Though next time you're in a debate with an anti-gunner who says that only police officers and soldiers should be able to have guns, tell them to shut up because you think only those in the press or media should be able to speak freely. If they have half a brain they should be able to see the similarity in what you just said versus what they just said.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I got the quote and the context right, didn't I?

Jim, A; rhino, F!

Learn with me children.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oh great! I just sent in my change of address forms a week or two ago and paid for new copies for both my wife and myself. Since the next time i move, it will be in a casket out the front door. I wonder if the state will do me a solid and not send me a paper two weeks before the plastics come out....

Top Bottom