• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is no direct rule stating the 1st one gets the prize. But Honor and your word are what we operate on in here. If you agree on a price, set up a FTF then honor it. Pretty simple. Do not hold out for a better offer. No auction like activity's.

I have dealt with a couple of carrot hangers in the past. It is not cool.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The assumption was on me but is usually the case. Apology's. I get PM's all the time bemoaning this. It is a reflex action.
    I do get double irritated at members that say OK and set up a meet only to get an offer from a friend or someone close to them (no travel) and then blow you off.
    Yes, your merchandise and your call but please use the honor system. You know, my word is my bond. Some folks love the game playing. It is not cool. Not cool at all.

Same goes for the ones that stand up the seller with no contact after the seller makes the trip to meet up. I get PM's about that as well. Not cool either.

It would seem the seller is playing the game.

In the end that is all that matters.

I am watching closely.
    This is not a sold to the highest bidder site. Playing this game will get you some attention that you may not want.

There is no direct rule stating the 1st one gets the prize. But Honor and your word are what we operate on in here. If you agree on a price, set up a FTF then honor it. Pretty simple. Do not hold out for a better offer. No auction like activity's.

I have dealt with a couple of carrot hangers in the past. It is not cool.

As always, thank you for your good work.:ingo:

It's time you got a raise!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Same observation applies for the dealers at local gun shows. Same dealers over and over again with the same ridiculously priced firearms that no one is buying. An example: a used S&W 686 for $850 at a recent show. Seriously? These dealers must love unpacking and repacking the same guns over and over. These guys need a lesson in the basics of the principles of economics.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This is crazy. How is it you have three people saying they'll take it but yet it still available. I understand it's a pretty good price but come on.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...77-l-nib-gen-4-usa-made-glock-19-package.html

It's likely that it is sold, but people tend to get in line in case a deal falls through, someone does try and haggle, etc.

Some folks don't mark it as sold (or SPF) and close the thread until cash is exchanged.

Oh, wait, 11 hours later I see...

"I have responded to all of you and as of right now it’s still available but I don’t expect it will be for long."

Yeah, I guess some don't really mean "I'll take it" when they write (publicly, I might add), "I'll take it". :n00b:

According to profiles, they all look to be relatively close...

No I did not low ball him. I posted the first I'll take it in the thread for the listed price. I also tried to PM him and sent him an e-mail. His PM box was initially full, but he did clear it out and PM me back this morning. I replied and asked for his cell number and when and where he wanted to meet. I then see where he posted an hour later it is still for sale? Communication has not been great. I did later get his cell number and texted to verify our meeting tonight. He then said someone is now in front of me. I am not sure if the deal is going to work out or not, but please do not assume someone was trying to lowball him.

Again, there is no plot, just wild speculation that has been proven completely inaccurate. Meh, another day on the internet.

I see the thread has vanished. Must be one of those INGO Magicians.

I too was wondering about this. Not that I "needed" another Gen 4 19, but saw the responses and that it was still around, until it wasn't.

Glad I didn't get in the middle of that one. Though I may have to post some Ashley pictures just to counter all the Salma pics :stickpoke:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Too much talk.

Salma%2BHayek%2B(23).jpg

Need more Salma..
    143af234b7cdc913481141678be62054--iphone-mobile-salma-hayek.jpg

indynotch50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Fantastic post. Just well said.
    You should see the waterfowl decoy market. Those gain value somehow. Thinking about buying some for a retirement investment.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    All we can do is offer something. If we strike a deal that's great. Otherwise, I'm happy to hold on to it. If someone buys something from me they know exactly what they're getting. If anything, I probably over accentuate the flaws because the last thing I want is for someone to feel like they got less than they bargained for. I may not always hit the right price first time, but I work with people. I own them because I enjoy them, so I'm happy to enjoy them a while longer if that's how it works out.
    Interesting. I sold a gun a few days ago and the buyer said, "This is in way better condition than you described!" I'm ok with that. The gun market is super soft right now, although the tragedy in Las Vegas created a little bump in sales.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ok, some Ashley time is now warranted...

[video=youtube;8DR0RhpKp2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=81&v=8DR0RhpKp2k[/video]

Top Bottom