• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I feel the need to explain a few things in order to preserve my sanity.

First off, I have been looking forward to INGO lowers coming to fruition since about 2009 when it was first talked about. The ride has been like a roller coaster over the years trying to get this done, with insurmountable obstacles, greedy "middle men" and just plain ol' *******s getting in the way.

Since I have been an INGOer, I have put together 5 group buys for AR lowers and one for Mosin Nagant rifles. None were without their hiccups, but they all were successful in the end. My point is that I have a small amount of experience with these things, which is why I volunteered to tackle the current INGO Lower group buy.

We posted a "feeler" thread with a poll, trying to gauge interest in a lower receiver group buy. The thread was not binding whatsoever. When opening up the official group buy thread, I chose to put a limit on it because of several reasons, the biggest ones being that I have never worked with BCI before and I didn't want to be holding potentially 30k to 40k of INGOers' money and have this turn into a fustercluck. 100 lowers, which is a little under ten grand, seemed to me to be a manageable amount while still getting as many people the opportunity to participate in this go-round as I can.

I chose one single FFL to handle this project for a couple reasons. One, and most importantly, because it is the closest FFL to me physically. I will need to make more than 1 trip to the shop when the product starts rolling in and I simply don't want to have to go all over the place. It's my responsibility and I will make it easier in the areas I can control. Also, I have known Kimball for many years and I trust him, and his shop is somewhat centrally located and easy to get to right off a major highway.

A big issue seems to have been picking out special serial numbers. The logistics of that is difficult at best because I want to guarantee sequential numbers to whomever buys multiples. Also, if any are kicked out as blems during manufacturing, that throws a potential wrench into whomever I promised a certain number to and could screw up the remaining stock for sequential numbers.

There have been many upset members asking why weren't site supporters given first shot or why weren't those who posted in the "feeler" thread given first shot. Again, time, effort and logistics. It simply takes too much time for me to PM everyone who posted in the feeler, and even if I did do that, the folks who have been long time members here and didn't post would have been upset. Then I'd have to wait for every single person's reply before this could go forward. Also, not everyone who voted in the poll posted in the thread. It would have been impossible to personally get with everyone from that thread to determine YES or NO to every single person. It's a no-win situation.

Lots are upset about the payment arrangement. Here's why it is like it is. I have no way to collect credit cards. PayPal is anti-gun and could potentially shut us down in a heartbeat, holding everyone's funds hostage for 6 to 9 months. Square would have been the same. I could have set up a traditional merchant processor, but then there would be added cost to the members in the form of fees. Also, I don't want the exposure of maintaining a CC account for no other reason than to do these group buys. It's not hard to get a PMO and drop it in the mailbox, plus I can keep better records of everyone's info and order. It is more work on my end as well because I have to get all the $ transferred into one fund before I can send it to BCI to get the ball rolling.

I feel like I was very up-front with the rules and guidelines for this project, and at no time was my intent to not include anyone. Quite the opposite in fact, I have done my best to get this initial round going forward so that future rounds will go faster and smoother. Of all the complaints I have gotten, the bottom line for all of them seems to be "you didn't include ME". I'm sorry if you did not get in on this initial order, but by no means are we finished. I'm working on finding FFL partners in the extreme North and extreme South of the state so that more members can be included. I am also working on getting another centralized order going.

At no point have I asked for or accepted any compensation for organizing this. At no point has RobbyMaq asked for or accepted any compensation for creating the artwork for this. We are doing it because the membership asked for it and we want to help.

All the complaining makes going forward seem less and less desirable, so I wanted to put some kind of explanation out there to hopefully clear up why things are happening the way they are. I never dreamed that going forward with this project would have created the **** storm that it has.

Last edited:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Butthurt comes easily for some folk. I will jump on the next one. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this.

I ain't no hater.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    No need to explain anything. Some people feel entitled to everything which is the way our country has been sliding towards now.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Butthurt comes easily for some folk. I will jump on the next one. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do this.

:+1: I would like to have one as well, I didn't know that it was happening until your doodie shower came along. I appreciate that you put the effort into doing this and hopefully (if you decide to continue) that the next one(s) go much smoother.

Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    VU, I very rarely ever see eye to eye with you on things (you would never know it), but I am with you 100% on this. I posted in the orig thread, but did not get in on the group buy. I chose not to for a few reasons, like the fact that I have no plans right now for a 5th AR, or don't really feel like putting out the extra cash right now, but the biggest reason was the pickup only from a single place. The other two together wasn't enough that I couldn't talk myself into it, but the trip all that way for just that was the deal breaker for me. Would have been great to get one shipped over here, but I'm not going to start crying about it. I think you guys did a good job putting it together. Thanks for your effort on this.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Just wait until the next buy if you didn't get in on this one. :dunno: That's what I'm doing, no butthurt necessary.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    And that's why nobody can have nice things, somebody gets butt hurt! Your buy, your conditions, PERIOD! Me, being the AR snob, missed the previous posts, or I would have bought a couple for range guns, and to have an official INGO rifle. I have access to several different "group" buy able products, but don't want to deal with the butt hurt, nor the deadbeats that don't wanna pay up front, for I am not going to extend myself or my business out on an Internet "promise to pay"! So, I commend you for doing what you did, haters gonna hate!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If I had one observation, it would be that running this while the INGO collective is deep in the grips of cabin fever destined it for......complications.

Anyhoo, VU, no good deed goes unpunished. Thanks for the hard work.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    The rules were clear, concise, and logical. If someone doesn't like how it went, they can implement their methods when they run the next group buy.

I'm grateful for the effort.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Keep up the good work VUPD. When's the group INGO binky buy? :baby::baby::baby::baby:
    Soon as everyone ponies up for the price, yes you can get a binky cheaper, but it isn't the same quality! Binky's are not binky's. The pecking order goes Fenway, Mods, Site Supporters, long time members, new members, runners, then shooters!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    No good deed goes unpunished......

QFT

I posted in the feeler thread that I would take one. I missed the official buy thread, but that's the luck. I thought the whole thing was done very well, and I appreciate the effort it took to make this happen. I look forward to getting in on the next one.

Illegitimi non carborundum VUPD!

Top Bottom