• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    I got to the Indy GM about 8:50 this AM, guessing there was about 75 guys lined up waiting. About 8:55 an employee comes out and announces "No.22's, no 9 milimeter". I asked about .22 Magnum, the answer was no. Along with at least 10 other guys I left. I did hear a rumor that they are stock piling for a grand opening, no idea if there is any truth to it.

Tatorchip

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    I just posted this on another thread, seems to belong here.

Yesterday morning at Gander Mtn in Ft. Wayne. I had some time before starting my work day so I got there a few minutes before the store officially opened. Some people were going in early, some were waiting outside. When they officially unlocked the door I walked in to find about 20-25 in line at the gun counter. Every minute or so a guy would walk by carrying 3, 4, 5 boxes. 5 minutes into waiting I hear the announcement from the counter that, "All we've got left is .45's & the rest is personal defense. That's it" So I left.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Let's all go wait in line until it gets so bad Gander has to throw ammo off of the roof to avoid a riot(purple text end). Stop it. You're all making this worse. Stay home and wait for this to blow over.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    There were seriously that many people in line on the off chance that there happened to be some ammo today or is that a joke?

mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I rarely visit Gander... but went by last sat looking for a cleaning rod part... long story, short, speaking to the GM gun guy , he said that they had 108 people in line Thurday morning waiting to see what ammo was delivered ....obviously enough that my son got 1 box of 7.62x39 :): . He said that employees no longer recieved a discount on ammo and were limited to the amount they were able to purchase. :D:D

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I stopped in at 9:30. Glad I didn't get there early. I picked up some 22 a month ago and it's been pretty sparse since. I kinda get a kick out of ammo resellers waiting in line for nothing. Makes me feel good for some reason lol.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Going to the store as soon as it opens and waiting in line to get ammo is ridiculous. And partially the reason we will be in this mess for a long time.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Going to the store as soon as it opens and waiting in line to get ammo is ridiculous. And partially the reason we will be in this mess for a long time.

I agree 100%.

Although, on the flip side, when the average non-shooting suburbanite wakes up and realizes that he's had 10,000 rounds in his basement for 5 years and hasn't shot a single round out of any gun, he might consider selling. Enough of those happen and the prices will stabilize or come down.

Not everyone buying ammo is a gun person or prepper. If they were, we would have had this shortage going back decades. These are new people to the dance. And there's a reason gun ranges aren't opening at the same rate as the increase in ammo sales--it's mostly being held.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    People are lining up, tracking delivery trucks, pumping store employees for info on the next delivery.....and the store is the problem?

Really?

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Checked Rural King and WalMart in Greensburg yesterday.......Nada Zilch of the good stuff. RK had 3 boxes of .270 and Wally's had about 5 boxes of 7.62 x 39 (tula)......Plenty of shotgun stuff now but wait, it will be next.

Hey if the govt cant get the guns, they will just make them paperweights!!!!!

willytlucas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Boone
    Well I was one of those people in line at Gander Mountain this morning. Since this has all started I have not changed my ammo purchasing habits at all, I still buy the same amount that i did before, just had to change my way of getting it. As for hoarding, my father works at the distribution warehouse in Lebanon he told me that the ammo has been going out on a continuous basis, its just that with high volume its being allocated to different stores at different times. They are also gearing up for other sales so other items are being pushed out the door.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Gander Mtn NW side Indy has a few signs posted: Only two boxes of 22LR per customer.
    But there was no 22LR.

They had 20-30 boxes of +P 9mm.
    Tons of shotgun shells.

Top Bottom