Is Taurus getting their poop in a group?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Had their stepchild Rossi .357. wen back to them like 4 times in a row, once broke in my hand right out of the box. Worse than junk.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    20220219_142511.jpg
    Just added a Holosun HS507C X2 to my Taurus Model 44 6.5" for hunting this year. Eyes just not as good as they use to be. This revolver has over 4k rds through over the years. I did have the double action worked on. It's much smoother now. It has around a 4lb single action trigger. I've had this for 28+ years. Not one problem.

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indy North Side
    View attachment 185094
    Just added a Holosun HS507C X2 to my Taurus Model 44 6.5" for hunting this year. Eyes just not as good as they use to be. This revolver has over 4k rds through over the years. I did have the double action worked on. It's much smoother now. It has around a 4lb single action trigger. I've had this for 28+ years. Not one problem.
    I have the 8” version, it’s a wonderful firearm. Can you give me a heads up on the sight mount? It looks really excellent.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks! I'll get one on order. Looks perfect.
    Wish I could tell you if it's good to go.
    It seems well made, and fits perfectly maybe slightly tight but it went right in with my 2oz brass hammer so nothing major. I believe it's made that way. I put lock tight on the screw and all done.
    I used a Grace short roll pin punch to drive out the pin. My sight screw had grease from the factory on it yet. I use break cleaner to clean it out so my lock tight would hold. You may not have that problem, but double check to be sure because the lock tight probably will not work with grease in the screw hole.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    I know alot of tactical school look down on taurus pistols ing general and keltec. They say they have more problems with those two brands than most during pistol classes.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Never owned a Taurus until the TX22 and I've been impressed with both the standard model and the competition version.. I've run both pretty hard (proably 4000 rounds between the two) and the only problem I've had turned out to be a bad batch of Rem Golden tu*ds. I did request a replacement barrel for the standard model that was pretty bad about leading up.. 5 minute phone call with the ser # and a week later the replacement barrel was in the mailbox.. Where the TX is concerned I'm :yesway:
    :yesway: I'm sure DoggyDaddy won't have any trouble getting out from under a TX but if you do I'm always up for a good deal on a great pistol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Never owned a Taurus until the TX22 and I've been impressed with both the standard model and the competition version.. I've run both pretty hard (proably 4000 rounds between the two) and the only problem I've had turned out to be a bad batch of Rem Golden tu*ds. I did request a replacement barrel for the standard model that was pretty bad about leading up.. 5 minute phone call with the ser # and a week later the replacement barrel was in the mailbox.. Where the TX is concerned I'm :yesway:
    :yesway: I'm sure DoggyDaddy won't have any trouble getting out from under a TX but if you do I'm always up for a good deal on a great pistol.
    If I decide to let it go, it'll just be for what I've got in it (minus transfer fee). I just like the feel of an all steel pistol better (like my Buckmark). DoggyMama liked it because it is light, but light doesn't necessarily = good for me, and she rarely shoots anyhow.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    In my opinion the tx22 is head and shoulders above any other non target 22 pistol out there. I don’t think there is anything close to it honestly.

Taurus hit it out of park. If it had any other name on slide it would be 550 and people wouldn’t care paying for it. To think I got my first under 200 after rebate

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    In my opinion the tx22 is head and shoulders above any other non target 22 pistol out there. I don’t think there is anything close to it honestly.

Taurus hit it out of park. If it had any other name on slide it would be 550 and people wouldn’t care paying for it. To think I got my first under 200 after rebate
    O.k., I have to ask about this TX22.
    I haven't seen one.
    Are they a fantastic plastic, striker fired wonder weapons?
    I have not found a striker fired ANYTHING that has a trigger I like.
    I just can't get used to the mile long take-up on those triggers.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    They literally ripped me off lol...probably 10 or 12 years ago I ordered a set of grips and some small parts for a .22 pistol. The grip broke in half and the safety spring and detents flew out.. the thing literally fell apart in the hands of the shooter. A good company would have covered the parts, I didn't care that they charged me but parts were on backorder and apparently still are because I never received anything.. ended up selling it as is on here a long time ago and wouldn't ever own another one. Just my 2 cents...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    They literally ripped me off lol...probably 10 or 12 years ago I ordered a set of grips and some small parts for a .22 pistol. The grip broke in half and the safety spring and detents flew out.. the thing literally fell apart in the hands of the shooter. A good company would have covered the parts, I didn't care that they charged me but parts were on backorder and apparently still are because I never received anything.. ended up selling it as is on here a long time ago and wouldn't ever own another one. Just my 2 cents...
    I had that attitude with Century Arms. Bought a CETME and had it sent to them two times and the warranty ran out they never fixed it. I swore I'd never buy anything Century Arms again.

Then they came out with the TP9 series. Seen all the great reviews and tried one s TP9V2. It was excellent.
    All that said companies can change is my point. Some get better some worse.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I bought a Taurus model 431 44special brand new in the early 90's. Stainless steel, 3 inch barrel, never had a problem with it. Haven't shot it much lately because of the price of shells and the scarcity of shells.

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, they are making some good guns at a great price point. I have the G3 and shoots great. Is it a Glock or Smith? Nope.

But for about half the price, hard to beat. Reliable and fun.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    One of the best stories I ever heard from a happy taurus owner...

At the range when I was shooting my S&W and testing some new load data, someone with a taurus came up and told me that I got ripped off, and just paid for the name.
    He proceeded to show me his taurus that he had been shooting at 3 yards with. He told me how great taurus was and how the barrel has blown off of it 5 times, but taurus always fixed it every time.

I just don't see the appeal in owning a firearm that spends more time getting warranty repairs than being shot.

I've experienced some older stuff from the early 90s, like a model 85, and those seem pretty solid and comparable to an S&W. I was pretty impressed when I was doing spring swaps and cleaning up the trigger, it was a properly well made revolver. But most the taurus revolvers I've encountered were pretty sad.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    O.k., I have to ask about this TX22.
    I haven't seen one.
    Are they a fantastic plastic, striker fired wonder weapons?
    I have not found a striker fired ANYTHING that has a trigger I like.
    I just can't get used to the mile long take-up on those triggers.
    I would put this factory striker trigger up against any on the market. First shot there is some take up but very easy to get to wall and a super crisp break that’s relatively light imo. Good reset on it as well

Top Bottom