• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Is Tower Ridge Road paved? I like riding the Suzuki around the hills in south central Indiana due to the nice winding roads and was planning on trying that road this year.

No its not paved. It is graveled and rutted right now. It is around 7 miles from SR 446, and it is a long 7 miles.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    No its not paved. It is graveled and rutted right now. It is around 7 miles from SR 446, and it is a long 7 miles.

Yeah, it's a little sketchy right now. I went out a month ago or so and took my wife's Impala and I was seriously afraid I was going to get it stuck due to the ice, snow, and inclines. What kind of bike do you have?

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    did you do this for a Bushcraft USA requirement? I thought I seen this posted over there also. good to know there is more than one of us in Brownsburg

the pictures look good
    catfish

No, this is special just for ING ;) I am on bushcraft but i only have about 3 posts. That was where I learned about feathersticks but this was just to get out and enjoy the weekend.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Yeah, it's a little sketchy right now. I went out a month ago or so and took my wife's Impala and I was seriously afraid I was going to get it stuck due to the ice, snow, and inclines. What kind of bike do you have?
    Actually two bikes. An '05 Suzuki S83 (formerly called an Intruder 1400) for me to cruise around on, and an '89 Goldwing for when my wife wants to go along. I'd trade them both in for an FJR, but wife says the wing stays no matter what, cause anything else is not comfortable for her.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Nucular,

Where did you get that camp stool in the 4th pic? Anyone that I've seen is pretty flat and starts making things go numb after sitting on it for any length of time. Your stool look like it was more bowl shaped.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Nucular,

Where did you get that camp stool in the 4th pic? Anyone that I've seen is pretty flat and starts making things go numb after sitting on it for any length of time. Your stool look like it was more bowl shaped.

That is an REI flex lite chair. I love that chair. Light enough to backpack with and really comfortable.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Bacon and eggs in the paper bag...I gotta try that! I really like that part of IN. Fall time is my favorite for camping/backpacking/mtn biking down south.
    You will really enjoy cooking this way, especially the clean-up. Save your eating utensil (if you use one) and just burn the bag. Lightweight cooking at its finest.

fuddus99

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Lawrence, IN
    Nice! That weekend was the Sycamore loop. A couple weekends prior to that one we did Axsom from the grubb ridge trail head. I have yet to hit any of the trails south of the road so I'm hoping to cover those this summer.

Great! I recommend the Cope Hollow Trail. Make sure your boots are good n waterproof though, you have to walk through about 4-5 creeks on the way. Definitely wait until it's warmer too, the trail was easy to lose in the snow.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Great! I recommend the Cope Hollow Trail. Make sure your boots are good n waterproof though, you have to walk through about 4-5 creeks on the way. Definitely wait until it's warmer too, the trail was easy to lose in the snow.

Axsom is the same way. The trail crisscrosses a stream frequently and it disappears at times. We lost a lot of time that day backtracking to find ways to cross the stream. I only had to take my boots off to cross once but it was chilly.

Indiana Camper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Westfield
    That's an awesome area (for Indiana). My daughter's first backpacking trip was Sycamore loop. The first night by the lake past the cemetery and the second night at a neat site right by the creek. She still talks about that trip.
    Is that a Big Agnes tent? Which model and how do you like it?

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    It is a Big Agnes. It's the Copper Spur UL3. I really like it for the most part. It's very light and it goes up easy. The only thing I don't like about the design so far is that the doors zip from top to bottom. I prefer tents where the doors zip off to the side to keep them out of the way but that's pretty trivial. I also had some floor leakage issues a couple months back. It had been raining for days and was raining on the hike out and all during setup. I didn't get any pooling but the floor was wet and got the underneath of my sleeping pad wet. It may have just been too much water for any tent to handle. I don't know. I waterproofed the tub when I got home and haven't had any issues since then.

Indiana Camper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Cool. I have the UL2. Love the tent but I do have to be careful with the doors on the floor. Mine has stayed very waterproof so far. I've been getting in to the hammock thing lately so not using the tent as much.

Top Bottom