• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's still better than the newer "Karate Kid" where Jackie Chan keeps saying "Jacket off".

I don't believe such a movie exists. "Newer Karate Kid" indeed, sir. Harumph! Next you'll be telling me there was a THIRD Godfather film.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I don't believe such a movie exists. "Newer Karate Kid" indeed, sir. Harumph! Next you'll be telling me there was a THIRD Godfather film.

What, you don't consider a movie about the 11 year old son of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air going to China and learning Kung-Fu worthy of the title? :laugh:

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I was going to mention Kyokushin as well Jackson. You may or may not remember that is the first style I studied.

I do remember. We talked briefly about it at 0-5ft. I'm not saying its the best thing out there and certainly doesn't cover many aspects of fighting. I brought it up here to compare and contrast the differences between a fairly hard style of Karate and the type of stuff in the OP video.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had a long response here, but I lost it when my internet connection got weird. I'm too tired to retype it.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had a long response here, but I lost it when my internet connection got weird. I'm too tired to retype it.

I almost read it. It was going to be pithy, insightful, and wise. I would have laughed, cried, and grown as a human. It would have been a rollercoaster of emotion. That was almost a literary masterpiece and I wish I could have seen it.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I almost read it. It was going to be pithy, insightful, and wise. I would have laughed, cried, and grown as a human. It would have been a rollercoaster of emotion. That was almost a literary masterpiece and I wish I could have seen it.

You would make a great studio paid internet movie critic.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay, from what I can remember, it was about:

• my respect/fear of kyukoshinkai and Mas Oyama
    • getting my a** kicked over and over and not liking it, especially given that the motives were not positive in most cases

Top Bottom