• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OK, that is just stupid.

KEL-TEC - take the PC nonsense and flush it please.

A standard 870 or 500 does not run like that, stop trying to castrate a good design.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Anyone writing Kel-Tec any nasty letters?
    About 5 seconds from it...

Things like Ruger and his nothing over 10 rounds and stuff like that comes and goes. I hold NOTHING against companies that will recant after leadership change. But things like this Keltec situation really rile me up.

We aren't "cool" enough with them and their gang of machinists to get a proper trigger group? Granted, I don't have much of a say in the situation, given as I will never get the KTSG, but still, its the premise of the arguement they are trying to make.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Keltec seems to be listening. This is from the Keltec forum. Member ktwm is a Keltec employee. Near the bottom of the page;

KTOG Forum - Trigger Reset glitch?

yup,
    Just got home late last night. I'll be back in the office on Tuesday.

All the KSG's at SHOT were prototypes. The one in the Law enforcement booth was setup to slam-fire, and also had a different pump lock switch. But that does not mean it was a Law enforcement "feature" (probably just a communication misunderstanding since it was in the law-enforcement area).

One of the reasons we go to these shows and show off new designs months before they go into production is to get a WHOLE LOT of user feedback, from those in the industry....and we got plenty of it. By the third and fourth day we were allready telling people that the trigger will function differently than it was in the guns at SHOT they were playing with.

The trigger reset issue will get "fixed", and the pump lock switch will be easier to get to (like on the KSG in the LE booth). But there are more improvements that will likely make it into the production models as well. (I'll post some more info Tuesday or Wednesday)

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

2011-01-20_10-28-46_4.jpg

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    Thread from the dead!
    I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this yet, but it's a video taken at the SHOT show showing off some of the features and disassembly of the KSG. Looks neat at least, but I think I'm gonna wait to see some reviews and whether or not aftermarket companies will start supporting these things before I try to get one...

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/kel-tec-ksg-pump-bull-pup-tactical-shotgun/

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    I likely won't buy one from the first run, but I DO see myself with one in a year or two...

That's what I was thinking. With Kel-Tec's rep for not keeping up with demand very well I figured that they'd probably have enough to actually sell in about a year or so. That'll be when I take a good look at them.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    If they fix the triggers it could be worth having.

That being said, legally I see nothing wrong with a civilian owning a "LEO" version anyway... unless I missed some statute or guideline...

Saiga killer? I doubt these will even kill Mossberg or Remington's business...

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    If they fix the triggers it could be worth having.

That being said, legally I see nothing wrong with a civilian owning a "LEO" version anyway... unless I missed some statute or guideline...

Saiga killer? I doubt these will even kill Mossberg or Remington's business...

KEL-TEC isn't going to kill any other name brand of shotgun;)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    KEL-TEC isn't going to kill any other name brand of shotgun;)
    Kill? No Impact sales? Certainly will. 1 lost sale is an impact isn't it? I'm sure somebody out there will choose a Kel-tec over a competitor so it will certainly impact sales.

BTW, for those that haven't seen it yet, this video fills in a lot of blanks.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W638QRLqUyc&feature=feedu[/ame]

Last edited:

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Impressive. Thanks for the video. It does answer some serious safety and operational concerns.

Love the Saiga 12, but this shotgun is compact, high capacity capability with out an external magazine, accessories rail, easy to mount sights and optics, different color options, looks easy to carry and manipulate for people of different sizes, lighter weight (?), and recoil management didn't look too painful (lol).

Lighter weight composite firearm construction isn't going away at anytime soon, if ever. If it proves to be reliable and holds up to use/abuse, they just might have a winner there. I like it, because I like pump shotguns.

Comparing it to a automatic shotgun, is probably not fair or accurate to either firearm. Is the price guesstimate still around $800?

Last edited:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Impressive. Thanks for the video. It does answer some serious safety and operational concerns.

Love the Saiga 12, but this shotgun is compact, high capacity capability with out an external magazine, accessories rail, easy to mount sights and optics, different color options, looks easy to carry and manipulate for people of different sizes, lighter weight (?), and recoil management didn't look too painful (lol).

Lighter weight composite firearm construction isn't going away at anytime soon, if ever. If it proves to be reliable and holds up to use/abuse, they just might have a winner there. I like it, because I like pump shotguns.

Comparing it to a automatic shotgun, is probably not fair or accurate to either firearm. Is the price guesstimate still around $800?
    Problem I see it's still made by KEL-TEC:(

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I love how those that had a bad experience with kel-tec or heard a bad anecdote about them spew about ALL of their products. Are there better built guns out there? Well certainly, but who else has a FOLDING carbine in pistol calibers (that NO one can keep on the shelves BTW)? Who else has a shotgun even remotely similar to this? I for one WANT a folding carbine and if kel-tec is the one who offers it then kel-tec is who will get my money. I WANT this type of design in a shotgun, if it's not offered elsewhere then kel-tec will sell me one. Supply and demand, if you are the only one supplying what the public demands then you are the one they are going to buy it from. Additionally, some claim them to be "novelty" guns, so be it. I like novelties, if they truly are novelty guns or if they are simply trying to work outside the box and change the future of firearms, either way is a win for me. If they are as crappy as some claim and they are novelty guns then 40 years from now the one I have that still functions will be pretty collectible and likely sought after huh?

Top Bottom