• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    I dont see alot of information on the Kimber line of guns and wonder why??? they are some of the best looking out there but not high on anyones list?

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Classic Custom Stainless. Wilson magwell and Kimber Kimpro Tac mags.

That is what I used in the Indiana Production/Revolver/Single Stack Match. Ran perfect.

I really like mine. Reliable and accurate.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    I have 2 Kimbers and love them. Compact Stainless I've had for 12 years. Several thousand rounds. No issues. Stainless Raptor Ultra, 2k rounds, no issues. They shoot and feel great. Pick one up and you'll be changing your handle to "KimberLover".

Also have a full size Colt and Springfield Lightweight Champion. My Kimbers beat them with the Springfield in third.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I own a Eclipse Pro Target II that has never gave me any problem. Lots of information on them.

Most people seem to either hate them or love them. I love mine.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    They are pretty high on my list. Few thousand through my Ultra Carry without a hiccup. Keep looking, there is tons of info out there about them.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I love mine, lots of rounds down range and no problems. Pro Carry II. Lets put it this way, I love it enough to trust it with my life. One of my favorite carry guns.

Project972

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Old Gunny says, speaking of pistols frontsight.com/freepistol last day to get a free pistol. Like Kimbers.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    And here is one of their new ones. Cool!

KimberSuperProCaryII.jpg

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    There is a of info about Kimberly out there, I can only say that it was the most expensive paper weight I ever had.

Elaborate.... was it one of the External Extractors? I had issues with one and they replaced the slide with an Internal Extractor and ran like a sewing machine.

I have mainly older pre 2nd Gen Kimbers and they are great. My one 2nd Gen is a TLE II and it functions perfectly, it also has the Internal extractor.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I believe Kimber sells more 1911s per year than anybody else. So they must be pretty high on somebody's list.

I only have one...a stainless Compact Series I. If I could have only one of the guns in my collection, it would be the Kimber.

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    I have two Kimbers (Ultra Carry II & Classic Stainless I) and both a great shooter. The Ultra Carry II is my travel firearm.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    I have a Custom II and an Ultra Carry II, they have both been very good guns.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    If my husband could only have one gun, it would be Kimber. He has the Ultra Carry in 9mm and 45mm. Just picked up the 9mm yesterday at IN Gun Club. He asked if we could afford it and i said maybe we should put it in layaway. Within 30 minutes he was almost begging to bring it home that day. This one has the laser. We haven't even shot it yet. They had quite a few Kimbers.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    It was a Pro carry and it did had an external extractor, it had many FTE in the first 500rds, send it back to Kimber and after came back start to have hammer follow problems. So send it back out for the second time to come back and during my first range trip it went full auto, by that time I was done with it and Kimber.

Top Bottom